• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] entps who seem like entjs

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
not just a desire to fuck with people. the kind of Te frustration that builds up and explodes. possibly a desire to control others, or perhaps just to aggressively assert themselves and remove obstacles forcefully.

are these mistyped, or is there an 8w7 entp that looks very Te? with strong Te attitudes in every facet of their core, independence of will more than independence of thought, ideas, imagination, invention. very focused on power dynamics, individual autonomy, and taking what they want. and how is this different than entp 7w8? and definitely more in-charge than get-things-going.

also, what happens when entps and entjs get into conflict? are entps just as aggressive and direct, or are they more sneaky and funny?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Enneagram 8 ENTPs perhaps? Most 8 ENTPs seem like ENTJs to me.

Qre:us

also, what happens when entps and entjs get into conflict? are entps just as aggressive and direct, or are they more sneaky and funny?

I either fuck around with them to get them more frustrated, or, I'll match [exceed] their style of aggressiveness and directness.

I'm sneaky when I find that the person will most likely be useful to me in the future, hence, I don't want to burn those bridges.

I'm funny if I find whatever the other person's issue is, to be ridiculous and so far off, that it's not worth the effort to rationally explain. Hence, dicking around with them. OR. If I understand that I caught that person in a 'mood' and that they're usually someone I actually like/respect, so I'm letting them slide by turning on the joke-funny meter to react to them. To diffuse the situation. The funnies are quite opposites in each of these two scenarios.

And, when I bring my aggressiveness, it's because I want to most effectively erase/remove them from my existence. Hence, it's not pretty. I think I'm perceptive enough to know how to mess with people, what makes them tick, and when this happens, I go for the jugular, and hard.

This last one is very rare, but it has happened. Only once in my life have I been pushed this far....although, not with an ENTJ. But, an unhealthy ESFP. She even got her boyfriend on the phone to help her with her side of the argument against me, asked me for breaks in between her sobbing and running up and down the stairs. While I sat unmoving for the whole thing, eating my grapes. And, by the end of it, she was in a pathetic heap on the floor begging me to stop. That friendship was effectively broken, which was my intention as she wouldn't get the hints otherwise, and thought it was fun to see how far she could test me. I showed her how far my far was.

I believe I am 7w8.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
are these mistyped, or is there an 8w7 entp that looks very Te? with strong Te attitudes in every facet of their core, independence of will more than independence of thought, ideas, imagination, invention. very focused on power dynamics, individual autonomy, and taking what they want. and how is this different than entp 7w8? and definitely more in-charge than get-things-going.

My closest ENTP friend is 8w7 and she is a human bulldozer. No joke. She is Ne dominant, definitely, but she doesn't take kindly to people imposing on her or even thinking of imposing on her. She was in a relationship for years with an ENTJ... and she pwned him the entire time :shock:. He was very diplomatic; ENTJ diplomacy doesn't tend to get much press but I've never known an ENTJ to be short on it, even if they can be forceful. I had to give them the MBTI just to see what kind of types would produce this kind of dynamic, I guessed their types beforehand but I had to be sure.

lf so, what happens when entps and entjs get into conflict? are entps just as aggressive and direct, or are they more sneaky and funny?

With an ENTP 8, all of the above.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I believe I am 7w8.

i believe you are correct. entjs are expertly maneuverable and aggressive as fuck, but entps seem like dancing tricksters. i kinda wanna go michael vick and watch some seriously awesome cage-matches.

i'm gonna have some questions about the differences in 7w6 and 7w8 entp real soon. the possibility of 8w7 entp is too much for my little old brain to handle. i can't imagine it without seeing cartoon mean and big canine teeth.

epp

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I've always scored as an ENTP, in a real test as well, so it SHOULD be correct, I'm about as P as you can get, I'm also definitely Ne+Ti... but I have to say, I have my doubts, as ENTJ (specifically Te+Ni) seems to fit as well...

and especially for the reasons OP said:

not just a desire to fuck with people. the kind of Te frustration that builds up and explodes. possibly a desire to control others, or perhaps just to aggressively assert themselves and remove obstacles forcefully.
I can be very assertive and aggressive and remove all kind of obstacles by sheer will and stuborness.
on the other hand - I have no need nor desire to control or manipulate anyone, actually I hate to do it, but I am very good at it when needed (i.e. when I get angry). quite like Qre:us said:

And, when I bring my aggressiveness, it's because I want to most effectively erase/remove them from my existence. Hence, it's not pretty. I think I'm perceptive enough to know how to mess with people, what makes them tick, and when this happens, I go for the jugular, and hard.
+1

you mean conflict between an ENTJ and an ENTP?
well, the ENTJ goes all Te - and the ENTP shrugs it all off and gives him the finger. that's basically it IME :p

I should be 7w8, but I'm not very sure if the test was good.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
you mean conflict between an ENTJ and an ENTP?
well, the ENTJ goes all Te - and the ENTP shrugs it all off and gives him the finger
. that's basically it IME :p

Gosh that hardly ever happens ;)

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Man, fuck you guys. ENTPs are never bold, assertive, and aggressive. You all clearly don't know what you're talking about, and arguments with you are not worth the time expenditure ::flips a bird::

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Man, fuck you guys. ENTPs are never bold, assertive, and aggressive. You all clearly don't know what you're talking about, and arguments with you are not worth the time expenditure ::flips a bird::

:laugh:

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6

Aside from my never being on time, I've never had any real conflicts with ENTJs.

If they try to control me, my response depends on whether I think they're right. If I see their point, I'll go with it. If I don't agree, I'll thumb my nose and then move on.

Maybe it would be different if I were required to be under the thumb of an ENTJ who had a bunch of wrong-headed ideas about everything, but I wouldn't know, as I've never been in this situation. I imagine my reaction would be the same as it would being under the thumb of anyone who has wrong-headed ideas about everything: remove the thumb.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTJ's can be massively agressive, confrontational and manipulative if they are challenged. Thye are also big on retribution.... Actualyl if you stand your gournd with them they usually tone it down.

Also in my experience, don't betray them, they will mop the floor with you.... I'd not say they were relentless but within a hairs bred of that.

THat said they can be loyal, and stable and supportive, have good brains to play with an can be reallly funny

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
My sister is ENTP, whereas I am ENTJ - and yeah, our thoughts as well as how we interpret things are similar.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
ENTJ's can be massively agressive, confrontational

I knew an ENTJ who just regularly reduced this poor girl to tears. He was protective of her, but just constantly cranked up to 11 with his opinions. I think he was trying to fix her (and she could have used some fixing, but I'm hand's off with that), but she never changed anything. She just cried over and over, and he'd tell her the tears were part of her problem (they were).

epp

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
(ENTP conflict with ENTJ) If they try to control me, my response depends on whether I think they're right. If I see their point, I'll go with it.
yea, that can happen as well, I forgot about that possibility before :p

yenom

Alexander the Terrible

Actually it has nothing to do with Te. Most ENTP type 8 are not bordeline ENTXs or near ENTJs. If anything, a type 8 ENTP will look more Seish than Teish.

Overall I think EP is a better representation of enneagram 8 than Te.
Te is just artificially pumped up strength that made the user look like enneagram 8, when they are actually moving towards enneagram 1.

Jaguar

I knew an ENTJ who just regularly reduced this poor girl to tears. He was protective of her, but just constantly cranked up to 11 with his opinions. I think he was trying to fix her (and she could have used some fixing, but I'm hand's off with that), but she never changed anything. She just cried over and over, and he'd tell her the tears were part of her problem

If someone were crying in front of me, the last thing I would ever do is tell them tears were part of their problem.
Anyone who would tell someone that is an idiot.
But then there are a lot of idiots in the world, so what else is new?

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
i think this thread might be referring to me :D

I'm definitely not an ENTJ, but my N isn't very high which means that ESTP also fits me to some extent. I can be pushy, rude, overbearing, blunt, confrontational, competitive and bossy. I suppose that can look like ENTJ, but for the most part I don't do it because I think I'm right or that my way is the only way, but because many people tend to be indecisive and wishy-washy without a leader. I'll observe the chaos while they panic and try deciding what to do, but when the disorder starts affecting ME, I become a dictator.

I remember once when I started at an old job, we were so extremely busy. The owner (I had never met at that point) came in to the office and was essentially standing around with his hands on his hips. I turned around in my seat, pointed at him and said "You. Get over here and help me." Needless to say he was my assistant for the rest of the day.

one of my best friends is an ENTJ and we disliked each other when we first met. mutually respect for a fellow bad ass YES.. mutual like NO.. I think we were trying to establish the pecking order and who was going to be the senior alpha. considering how competitive we both are, this would have gone on FOREVER. What finally ended it was we both noticed that other more passive-aggressive people started to interfere with the she said/she said crap. considering that neither of us is susceptible to that type of stuff, we both confronted each other about what we heard, put 2 and 2 together and decided that we were too much alike to not be friends. now we're like :hug:

It's been a while since I've been in any type of conflict, but when I am, sneaky is definitely not my MO. You will know I'm out to get you and when it's time to get you I'll do it with an intensity that can probably only be survived by another ExTx type. :devil: Thankfully I have a very long fuse

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ya, what is it with entps who seem like entjs, but yet dont feel like it ?

Born with only 1/2 guts ?