• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs- what's a good sign that I'm boring you?

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Why has this thread turned into a N versus S fight? About mathematics??? That ultimate abstract AND detail-oriented topic?

Stick to the topic, please!

Signs that you're boring an ENTP:
I'm saying J-like things such as "stick to the topic, please" -> I find the original topic interesting, I find the tangent boring.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I often get self conscious when I'm talking to ENTPs on the internet or real life around this. I can never tell half the time whether you're really interested in hearing what I have to say.

You don't stick around and talk to people for long or pay their views any respect if they don't interest you, right?

I dunno, it's just a bit weird for me.

If I ask questions, then it's a sure sign that I'm interested. Even if somebody has interests that are different from mine, I generally enjoy talking to them in some capacity, as I enjoy gaining new perspectives. If I return nothing but short, curt one-word responses, it's a pretty sure sign that I'm not particularly intrigued by the conversation, but that it's better than nothing. If I'm really, truly bored, I'll just bluntly tell you that you're boring me, and that I'm going to go do something else. If I don't respond at all, that's not any indication of my level of boredom. I'm easily distracted, and even things that entertain me don't get my full attention when there's another potentially entertaining thing in sight. It really doesn't have anything to do with you.

However, boredom is not the end-all be-all for me when it comes to friends. I'll be friends with people even if they aren't particularly entertaining. I value people for different reasons, and those reasons encompass more than alleviating my boredom. I'm also pretty open to changing my mind about people. If I have one or two boring conversations with you, I don't stick you in the "boring" box, lock you up, and throw away the key. I think most people have some capacity for providing me with enjoyment, and while most of my favorite people are those that can banter and play intellectual games with me, that doesn't mean that I'll oust you from my social life for not being able to do so.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Why has this thread turned into a N versus S fight? About mathematics??? That ultimate abstract AND detail-oriented topic?

Stick to the topic, please!

I totally agree with you... sadly I'm easy to bate. product of a large NT skewed family...

Other ways I show bordom, (actually I don't yawn)...
I may geta bit twitchy
I may well try and move the conversation to something dull
I may well come right out and say I am getting board (and SJ astrologer mate of mine - takes that approach pretty well - but actualy I don't get this blunt this often)
I glaze over and internalise my thinking
Beer can help - even dull thigns can seem a tiny bit more interesting

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
The only thing I can think of that I show when I'm bored is that I will completely change the subject without regard to what you're saying. While the boring person is talking, I'll be thinking inside my head about something completely different and then just start talking about it. Or walk away while they are in mid-sentence. Very rude, I know and I've been working on it.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
This. All of this. THANK YOU for saying this. This is very, very true in my case....:doh:

Often, I leave responses that I know will take a good lassoing of my attention to address. Meaning, I want to go in-depth, give a long response. And, I'll try, but, get frustrated with my Ne getting ahead of me and my Ti [it's that interesting to me, meaning it has spurred in me wayyy too many associations/connected thoughts than I know how to present coherently to another]...so it sounds a lot more jumbled than how it presents in my head. Or how I want to convey it. So, I leave it for another time.

Tomorrow and tomorrow....

This is true for me too! My thoughts spin and I have trouble zeroing in on how to say what I want to say. So I put it off. :doh:

I think this is why I can be quippy. It's easier to do that and more difficult to say the most interesting things I'm thinking.

But it feels soooooooooooooooooooooo good when I get it right!

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Woe the curse of the Fe. Such that if we have a previous repertoire with each other, or friendship, I will 'fake' interest because I sense the other needs to really talk about it/wants to talk about it. And, put up with it too.

And, I'll find ways to connect whatever they're saying to something that I *am* interested in.

If my responses sound like this:

"Uh huh"
"haha, yeah"
"yeah"
"yeah"
"uh huh"
"haha nice"
"yup"

Yeah, I fake interest with one word answers and if I've asked an inane question, you know that I've totally zoned out. ex.: you "I like chips". me (long pause) "so you like chips...? mostly potato, or corn as well?"

Also, I could have written every word of this:

For me if I'm bored I'll kill the conversation with a response that shouldn't be replied to and leave. If I don't respond at all it doesn't automatically mean I'm not interested though.

It goes like this: Effort required + Excitement factor = directly relational to response time.

I'm forever forgetting about conversations I've started online, really totally forgetting, if I don't answer straight away after reading something I generally forget about it for weeks or even months, this covers PMs, wall messages, threads and even my blog. Hell I created a thread a few days ago that people responded to and I read (and found interesting) then forgot to answer... :doh:

Basically the more time and thought I have to put into a response the greater the chance you won't hear from me for weeks, writing long posts and/or in-depth posts isn't something I enjoy doing so I put off until the perfect time, the perfect time rarely comes, so I forget.

I don't like doing things in half measures, this often results in me not doing things and while it is true that the more excited I am about something the greater chance I'll deal with it straight away, my failure to respond doesn't always mean I'm not interested.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I often get self conscious when I'm talking to ENTPs on the internet or real life around this. I can never tell half the time whether you're really interested in hearing what I have to say.

You don't stick around and talk to people for long or pay their views any respect if they don't interest you, right?

A good sign is when I'm not in your presence.

Simple.

:)

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP

I lost interest before the end of the first paragraph.

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
Personally, I find SP's entertaining and enjoyable. FSJ's are a bore, though....and a general pain in the ass.......

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
I'm just wondering what got the ISFP threadstarter interested with an ENTP, if she wouldn't mind me asking.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
Anyway to answer the question- if somebody is actively boring me (like my ESFP buddy tends to do when he starts rambling in excessive detail about something that doesn't interest me at all), I just nod politely but don't contribute.

On the contrary, when I find someone very interesting, I tend to ask loads of questions and make loads of suggestions and observations.

Also, I think it's worth mentioning that boredom and ambivalence/disinterest are different things. It is entirely possible that what you are saying might be boring, but you might not be boring me if I find it interesting to talk to you (whether to figure out how your mind works, or simply for mindless entertainment).

Last edited by a moderator:

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
No show, man. I know a lost cause when I see one. :p

Quick! Everyone label people as fast as you can!

Asshole! Dick! Bitch!

:hi:

how did you post so fast? Who told you to use that smiley?

I have a half-assed contribution: SPs entertain me. From ranting ISTP anarchist to spastic ESFP druggie friends- I find them fun to watch- and they're fun to dick around with. however: sometimes ya'll give us an overload of information that I can hardly relate to or find useful; i'll wait patiently for a chance to stop you and change the topic- you don't seem to mind. :D

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
I have a half-assed contribution: SPs entertain me. From ranting ISTP anarchist to spastic ESFP druggie friends- I find them fun to watch- and they're fun to dick around with. however: sometimes ya'll give us an overload of information that I can hardly relate to or find useful; i'll wait patiently for a chance to stop you and change the topic- you don't seem to mind. :D

This is all too familiar!!

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Some off-topic posts moved to the Graveyard.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
^sorry for the trouble. I can get pretty childish like that sometimes. Working on it.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm just wondering what got the ISFP threadstarter interested with an ENTP, if she wouldn't mind me asking.

I'm a guy, and I like ENTP chicks. It's pretty simple. :laugh: But in the past I've had a hard time "getting" them, and I'm just trying to further my understanding. It's mostly been checking to see if I'm right in my judgment, of if they are bored or not. I'm doing pretty good. :) I can safely say that I "get" them.

I lost interest before the end of the first paragraph.

Someone needs to go back to 4chan.