• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Overachiever and MBTI types

capricorn009

I could be pretty defiant about doing challenging things for fun, when I was a teenager,
I learned the lesson that when people say just be yourself, they mean stand out to com-
pete, while simutaneously doing the same thing as everybody else. People are so fake.

ENTJ

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I think I might be the only ENTP valedictorian in this dimension. It was all inadvertant though...

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Tesla - speak for yourself hunny... ;) :) :D

Valedictoria is just kids stuff isn't it? Like head girl/boy in the UK? I guess when you are in your teens that is sucess/acvhievement, but it can be hard to sustain. Often head boys and girls go on to have veyr average lives because they don't push themselves at all.

I'd say I am an overachiever (but also an under acheiver)

What am I on about...

Over -- suggests beyond - I'm assuming the OP meant beyond average and not beyond ones comfort zone?

If it's beyond ones comfort zone the question gets interesting.

If it's just beyond the average.....I'm an insane over acehvier.... registered nurse, have a first class honors degree in Business, a sack full of other qualifications... and am dyslexic... :)

My degree was easy... I had been nursing for years managing teams etc so had all the skills and flew threw my degree - for me it was less of an achievement because it was easy. I took stats throughout to add some difficulty for myself (I KNOW I'M A SICK PUPPY), otherwise I may ahve got board.

There was a guy on the course who was bombing and hard... he was a fool unto himself, he had bad behaviours but was trying SO hard, but didn't have the nouce to acheive a pass mark... he worked and worked desperately hard... he left University 6 months later than the course because he failed his finals and had to retake... he got a 3rd class degree at best or a pass (which is lower)... The bottom line is he is the overacheiver - he worked SO hard to get what he got, it doesn't amount to a hill of beans but it is his acheivement.

So comparatively a bright kid doing well - not really suprising.... I've more pride in my nursing qualification, because I was partying it up so it's amazing I got any study done at all.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Tesla - speak for yourself hunny... ;) :) :D

Valedictoria is just kids stuff isn't it? Like head girl/boy in the UK? I guess when you are in your teens that is sucess/acvhievement, but it can be hard to sustain. Often head boys and girls go on to have veyr average lives because they don't push themselves at all.

I'd say I am an overachiever (but also an under acheiver)

Yeah it is just kids stuff. It's a pretty trivial achievement for which high school kids compete. I was just pointing out the fact that I was val because it's highly correlated with "overacheiver" tendencies. I wasn't an overachiever though; I just kind of lucked out.

I certainly don't mean to imply that I was val therefore I am successful.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Underachieving perfectionist.

Underachieving has to do with my P-ness, and perfectionism has to do with my idealism.

You caynt win.

:cheers:

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I am an overachiever, but only because it keeps me stimulated

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah it is just kids stuff. It's a pretty trivial achievement for which high school kids compete. I was just pointing out the fact that I was val because it's highly correlated with "overacheiver" tendencies. I wasn't an overachiever though; I just kind of lucked out.

I certainly don't mean to imply that I was val therefore I am successful.

Sorry I genuinely didn't mean to put this down or sound that way... head girl and boy here is not a prized role, the whole treacle thing just doens't reasonate with most schools.

I have a bro who is a teacher and was looking at things to promote school ethos... and was chatting on a US teachers forum where they suggested a flag raising seremony.... he nearl died laughing, the kids would have burnt a flag... :) Not all schools woult be like that.

And my point above about head girl/boy does hold true, it isn't a sign of great life perfoemances... I do apprecaite that in the US is may open doors/be valued by future universities and more importanly employers. Don't let me put a grain of doubt in our head over what beign a val that will do for you - you live in a different country with different values... you are the maker of your own sucess - keep at it. :)

G

Glycerine

Some people might deem me as a overachiever but I procrastinate like crazy and I do the bare minimal for the most optimal result. For example, doing the least amount of work that I possibly need to do to maintain a 4.0. I bet there's tons of people that work much harder than I do. I'm ENFJ 3w4, I think.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Sorry I genuinely didn't mean to put this down or sound that way... head girl and boy here is not a prized role, the whole treacle thing just doens't reasonate with most schools.

I have a bro who is a teacher and was looking at things to promote school ethos... and was chatting on a US teachers forum where they suggested a flag raising seremony.... he nearl died laughing, the kids would have burnt a flag... :) Not all schools woult be like that.

And my point above about head girl/boy does hold true, it isn't a sign of great life perfoemances... I do apprecaite that in the US is may open doors/be valued by future universities and more importanly employers. Don't let me put a grain of doubt in our head over what beign a val that will do for you - you live in a different country with different values... you are the maker of your own sucess - keep at it. :)

Calm down there lassie; I was val, and I didn't even try to be val. It's a pointless award, and I only brought it up to be a pain in the ass. I don't think GPA and potential for success are particularly correlated. It's a load of bullshit, imho.

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
Anything with a J, no?

NPs are just blown open doors that let things flood in and drain. NTJs are like irrigation systems, doing the maximum work with maximum efficiency.

Come on, we all know the education system practically exists for these sorts of people.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Come on, we all know the education system practically exists for these sorts of people.

Developed by them and for them :yes:

I think us Ps should start our own publicly-funded educational institutions. We'd have lots of brainiac toys for kids to electrocute themselves with, P.E. would consist of sky-diving and jetskis, the drama students could have daily performances out in the courtyard, and the geniuses could tool around with explosive chemicals at all hours of the night. It'd be marvelous.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Anything with a J, no?

NPs are just blown open doors that let things flood in and drain. NTJs are like irrigation systems, doing the maximum work with maximum efficiency.

That's why the look on their faces is so priceless when you beat them at their own game.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
That's why the look on their faces is so priceless when you beat them at their own game.

A little bit of this: :shock: with a pinch of :eek: ultimately leading to :9436:

Then we go :banana: and they go :worthy:

Ok, I'll stop getting off topic now.