• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Overachiever and MBTI types

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
So which type would be more likely to overachieve?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wasn't there something about ENTJs being the overachievers?

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
in my opinion, ESTJs would probably be overachieving as far as career/job goes. the SFJs would probably overachieve with family and traditions.

although, I think you could pin an overachieving label on most of the types when it comes to one thing or another. INTPs might be overachievers at gathering as much data as possible, for instance.

The only type that doesn't overachieve at anything is the ENFP. amirite

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yes, i believe there is a very high chance for ENTJ to overachive. So would yearly income be a good indication of overachieving types?

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
in my opinion, ESTJs would probably be overachieving as far as career/job goes. the SFJs would probably overachieve with family and traditions.

although, I think you could pin an overachieving label on most of the types when it comes to one thing or another. INTPs might be overachievers at gathering as much data as possible, for instance.

The only type that doesn't overachieve at anything is the ENFP. amirite

ENFP overachieved on not overachieving.

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
I figured ESTJs/ENTJs . My science high school was full of them and I nicknamed them "overachievers".

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
__TJ and E_FJ.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
So the type who is more likely to overachieve is characterized by the need to be seen as successful. What drives those extrovert to lead...it just seems too much trouble to me.

StrappingYoungLad

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Overachievers are types that are preoccupied with status, most likely ExTJ's and possibly ESTP's.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I think overachievers have a type-A edge to their personalities, and probably have an internal system of motivation which comprises of external rewards for compensation of deep internal needs.. Whatever those needs are, I think it depends on their social obligations, roles, and expectations.. Just a guess.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So the type who is more likely to overachieve is characterized by the need to be seen as successful. What drives those extrovert to lead...it just seems too much trouble to me.

Probably because you're not an enneagram 3 or 8. That's typically what these overachievers are.

R

Riva

Any Te except ISTJs.

ESTJs -
"The ends justifies the means, therefore I am going to do whatever it takes to get what I want even at the expense of long term relationships with others"

And ENTJ

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Te s.

ESTJs -
"The ends justifies the means, therefore I am going to do whatever it takes to get what I want even at the expense of long term relationships with others"

And ENTJ

Any Te except ISTJs.
Oh and ExFJs

Curzon thinks he's cool for repeating the things that I say. :nerd:

:newwink:

Jaguar

That doesn't even make sense.
"The need to be seen as successful" is the mark of an insecure person who cares what others think.
I don't see how a wimp like that could lead any group of people, or achieve anything.
The most successful people I know compete with one person.

Themselves.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
That doesn't even make sense.
"The need to be seen as successful" is the mark of an insecure person who cares what others think.
I don't see how a wimp like that could lead any group of people, or achieve anything.
The most successful people I know compete with one person.

Themselves.

:happy0065: