• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Who is the best partner in crime for ENTP women?

ENTP girlies plus who?

• Total voters

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
harsh - and in the UK not true... most ENFP's wander in looking like bag ladies... trailing bags full of junk behind them... usually turning up late and dishevilled...

I have to say ENFP women are my all time favourites, they seem so much ore comfortable with their eccentricities - but they steal our men, which is not so cool

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
most ENFP's wander in looking like bag ladies... trailing bags full of junk behind them... usually turning up late and dishevilled...

I have to say ENFP women are my all time favourites, they seem so much ore comfortable with their eccentricities - but they steal our men, which is not so cool

Hey, you know me? :D

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
LOL I'm actually not meaning to offend anyone, just they do look like that.. albeit I know stacks of ENFP women who are qualitativite researchers.... They are like slightly eccentric (academic types) who are totally at peace with their hanging out selves....

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
LOL I'm actually not meaning to offend anyone, just they do look like that.. albeit I know stacks of ENFP women who are qualitativite researchers.... They are like slightly eccentric (academic types) who are totally at peace with their hanging out selves....

ha ha...no, I'm telling you...I'm actually like that:yes:

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
ha ha ha very good... ENFPs rock.... even if they do steal our men

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Good relationships where I could be myself: INFP & INTP. I tend to get along better with male INFPs and don't usually get to know (or recognise) INTPs irl.

Awesome friendship: INFJ, don't tend to get to know INFJs irl either.

Super-dooper fun and totally squee: ESFP & ISFP, particularly teh wimminz irl.

Super-dooper fun and totally kick-ass: ESTP & ISTP, never met one that I wanted to have a relationship with though.

wolfy

awsm
The best partner in crime is obviously the ENTP themselves making the question moot.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
To be honest I have studied ENTP - INTJ dinamic so I will share my conclusions.

ENTP - INTJ go well togather since they are both rational but they are still quite different from each other. ENTP can pull INTJ out of its shell just as a ENFP would but they will be less emotionally needy about it. Or they will not want that much personal approach as a ENFP would. What makes a job a whole lot easier from INTJ perspective. Especially since ENTP will challege INTJ much more often than ENFP would. What open a whole line of possibilities when it comes to "what if conversation" (which both types seem to loke)
Since ENTP needs energy from the outside this can be useful trait to a INTJ since their mate will keep the conversation(s) going. Plus in social situation you can let ENTPs do the talking and just hide behind a ENTP.

On the other hand INTJ is very good for stoping a ENTP from spreading itself too thin and it makes sure that things get done. (at least the more important things) . What can reduce stress level in ENTP by a very large factor if INTJ is not acting like a control freak. What makes a INTJ feel useful . What is actually his/her main need. On the hand ENTP will make sure that something is going on almost all the time. (because of Ne)
Especially since both are sarcastic and quite unconventional in their foundations. What means that both will have a hard time finding someone with who they are be what they realy are behind the curtain. What will not be a problem in this combination. Puls INTJ are quite hard to figure out so ENTP will always have something to study. What can prevent them from becoming overly bored.
Also one side in this relationship will be a female NT what means that if a NT guy allows her to use her NT side freely and even if that is not too womanlike sometimes she will fall for him even harder then in some other scenario. Since she does not need to supress anything.

The only problem could be emotional connection in this conbination.
But if they can produce enough of emotional connection this can be quite good combination. However since both sides are thick skined enough to handle each other well as complement each other.
Of course individual factors play a big role here but on paper this can work quite well in my opinion.

However I think that a female ENTP - male INTJ is more likely to work than male ENTP - female INTJ. I am not fully sure why but in the first combination it seems that it would be easier to create a dinamic that works.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
To commit a bank robbery - ESTP
To cover up a murder - INTJ
To break in and vandalize something - ENFP
To hack into a mainframe - INTP
To get back at a wrongdoer - ENTJ
To sell drugs - ESTJ

It all depends on the kind of crime, I guess.

But for a romantic relationship, I agree with AO but his reasonings can equally apply to INTPs, as well. So, my main guess is INTx. I am with an INTP and there is no one better suited for me.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
But for a romantic relationship, I agree with AO but his reasonings can equally apply to INTPs, as well. So, my main guess is INTx. I am with an INTP and there is no one better suited for me.

I disagree since INTJs provide structure while INTPs less so.
What changes a entire dinamic in the end. The INTPs are much more similar to ENTPs then INTJs. Especially if INTJ is quite J.
I can talk about this in more detail but I think that conclusions are more or less obvious at this point.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
ISTP (extroveted sensing can bring out the sense of adventure in both types, ISTP quietness can complement entp's weak extroversion)
ENTP
INTP
ESTP
INFJ
INTJ

In that order.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I disagree since INTJs provide structure while INTPs less so.
What changes a entire dinamic in the end. The INTPs are much more similar to ENTPs then INTJs. Especially if INTJ is quite J.
I can talk about this in more detail but I think that conclusions are more or less obvious at this point.

Obviously, they are not obvious. Just because someone has a P doesn't mean that they don't provide structure. INTPs are the architects, remember? Like I said, I am involved with an INTP and based on the reasons you gave earlier, I stand by what I said. It is true that INTJs and INTPs are quite different, but those particular reasons you gave are where their similarities lie.

And who the hell wants or needs structure anyway??? :tongue:

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
To commit a bank robbery - ESTP
To cover up a murder - INTJ
To break in and vandalize something - ENFP
To hack into a mainframe - INTP
To get back at a wrongdoer - ENTJ
To sell drugs - ESTJ

It all depends on the kind of crime, I guess.

I just love this

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
But for a romantic relationship, I agree with AO but his reasonings can equally apply to INTPs, as well. So, my main guess is INTx. I am with an INTP and there is no one better suited for me

Obviously, they are not obvious. Just because someone has a P doesn't mean that they don't provide structure. INTPs are the architects, remember? Like I said, I am involved with an INTP and based on the reasons you gave earlier, I stand by what I said. It is true that INTJs and INTPs are quite different, but those particular reasons you gave are where their similarities lie.

INTPs are good with concepts and so are ENTPs. It is just that I think that this two types have too similar strenghts and weaknesses. I mean it can work that is for sure. However I tend think that Ne - Te dynamic will be / is more interesting on the long run than Ne - Ne.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INTPs are good with concepts and so are ENTPs. It is just that I think that this two types have too similar strenghts and weaknesses. I mean it can work that is for sure. However I tend think that Ne - Te dynamic will be / is more interesting on the long run than Ne - Ne.

Iunno AO, you're trying to use theory to determine how one interrelationship (that you can be part of) is better than another interrelationship (that you can't be part of), I accept your input on the former, but not the latter. Plus a number of things you initially mentioned can be covered by either an INTJ or INTP as Jeno said, the rest is hypothetical.

You are right, based on my experience, in suggesting that an INTP/ENTP relationship will generally have similar strengths and weaknesses and an INTJ is potentially more likely to provide structure, but it's not a given and it's not necessarily a good thing from this ENTPs perspective.

From my own experience I've never had a relationship with an INTJ, I have with an ISTJ (which is a totally different type, I know, but...) I found the structure that they could provide very unappealing (I feel similarly about growing up with my ENTJ brother, just without the romantic relationship part). I love flexibility and spontaneity, I know that the sometimes unwanted side effect of that is a lack of structure in a relationship but I prefer that side effect to being overrun by too much structure. This is one of the main reasons I'm so drawn to SPs.

I don't suggest that INTJ/ENTP would be a bad mix, I've seen it work for others in the way you suggest but I think the use of Te is not always a good thing for an ENTP.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Yeah, the xTJs in my life often choke me to death with structure that I neither want nor need. But they are also the people that I hold in highest regard and are probably the people that I can maintain the closest relationship with. And, the older the TJ, the higher the probability that we will get along well.

Like Trin, I also am very drawn to SPs because they are like TJ-lite. The S provides more than enough structure for me but they are also a shit load of fun.

But I love my INTP. And if an ENTP girl can show enough patience, this pairing can be a dynamic duo.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Iunno AO, you're trying to use theory to determine how one interrelationship (that you can be part of) is better than another interrelationship (that you can't be part of), I accept your input on the former, but not the latter. Plus a number of things you initially mentioned can be covered by either an INTJ or INTP as Jeno said, the rest is hypothetical.

You are right, based on my experience, in suggesting that an INTP/ENTP relationship will generally have similar strengths and weaknesses and an INTJ is potentially more likely to provide structure, but it's not a given and it's not necessarily a good thing from this ENTPs perspective.

From my own experience I've never had a relationship with an INTJ, I have with an ISTJ (which is a totally different type, I know, but...) I found the structure that they could provide very unappealing (I feel similarly about growing up with my ENTJ brother, just without the romantic relationship part). I love flexibility and spontaneity, I know that the sometimes unwanted side effect of that is a lack of structure in a relationship but I prefer that side effect to being overrun by too much structure. This is one of the main reasons I'm so drawn to SPs.

I don't suggest that INTJ/ENTP would be a bad mix, I've seen it work for others in the way you suggest but I think the use of Te is not always a good thing for an ENTP.

1.Well this is MBTI talk so everything is generalization. The only reason why I have said what I said is because of a relations between a couple and the environment. If we don't pay too much attention to the environment then ENTP - INTP is better combination. Since those two understand each other better than INTJ -ENTP.

2. I have never been in love so don't place so much weight on my words.