• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Differences in ENTP and ENTJ sense of humor

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
I'm funny in a sarcastic and ironic sense... funny but true type of funny.

ENTPs are just naturally funny.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm funny in a sarcastic and ironic sense... funny but true type of funny.

ENTPs are just naturally funny.

That makes sense, but I think it actually applies to most NJ and NP types.

NP's are kind of jesters, always trying to be kind of odd and funny without thinking about it, while NJ's tend to be more serious, and make more direct yet subtle humor.

It's hard to explain without examples, so I'll use a common example of mine:

"What's up?"
"The opposite of down."

Is that similar to the kind of joke you're talking about? Also, I'm not sure how to explain the kind of jokes NP's make... one of them will have to do that.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTP's Are The Best

ENTP sense of humour :D

We do the 'tongue in cheek' thing on a regular basis. When we do, ENTJ's as often as not, think we're being serious. But ENTJ's aren't the only ones who do that. I'm not saying we're not arrogant as a type in general, or denying that arrogance is a flaw to which we're particularly prone. But I am saying that a lot of what we say is falsely attributed to arrogance, when in fact, it's simply humour - just being silly - and in fact quite the opposite of arrogance - we're mocking ourselves :)

LucrativeSid

Much of the time I'll start saying a joke out loud before I even come up with it in my head. 90% of the time this causes to me to be fast, witty, and funny, and the other 10% of the time it causes me to say really stupid things that don't really make any sense or are considered to be way too offensive. ;)

I don't care about mistakes though. There's this quote from The 48 Laws of Power that reminds me of how I usually act. "Any mistakes you committ through audacity are easily corrected with more audacity."

And I definitely agree with what Substitute said about arrogance. Maybe I'm joking, maybe I'm mocking myself, or maybe I'm just trying to inspire people. If it was true arrogance, I wouldn't flaunt it around like that.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
That makes sense, but I think it actually applies to most NJ and NP types.

NP's are kind of jesters, always trying to be kind of odd and funny without thinking about it, while NJ's tend to be more serious, and make more direct yet subtle humor.

I think you're right. I notice NJs (particularly INTJs) tend to be very laconic/sarcastic, NPs silly/sarcastic.

Unfortunately, I'm too nice to be funny :( or people can't tell when I'm joking with them so then I have to say, "I'm just fuckin wit cha!" which kills it so back to not being funny. :sombrero:

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I like your avatar proteanmix

162929293_871dbb5217.jpg

That's my kind of humor :D

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't get these threads. Do people seriously have trouble telling the difference between ENTP and ENTJ?

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Well thank you very much. It was either that or the one attached. I thought of the children.

lol ;)

Nice, but I didn't find that one as funny as the ceiling cat. There's something about the surrealism of the situation coupled with the unpolitically correct aspect which I find hilarious.

On another note, here's a Monty Python video that I really like:

YouTube - Monty Python - Argument Clinic (extended)

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't get these threads. Do people seriously have trouble telling the difference between ENTP and ENTJ?

Sometimes I can't, and sometimes the tests can't either... I've tested as ENTJ 2 out of 5 times this month... :huh:

And I am beginning to wonder...

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP

Sometimes I contemplate world domination, but that's only to see if I could really do it. Once I'd conquered the world I'd simply give it back. Conquering worlds is much more fun than ruling them. :)

Maha Raj

MBTI Type
ENTP
Sometimes I can't, and sometimes the tests can't either... I've tested as ENTJ 2 out of 5 times this month... :huh:

And I am beginning to wonder...

I get that too... why is that sir... think and explain it ... u have phD ..i don't even have a diploma yet...

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I get that too... why is that sir... think and explain it ... u have phD ..i don't even have a diploma yet...

Hm, when I find a way whereby a PhD in medieval history gives me deep insight into the MBTI system, I'll let you know ;)

Maha Raj

MBTI Type
ENTP
u can't call urself an entp then ... even i have some skills when i can tell peoples' (only extraverts) MBTI personality type if i talk to them for 5 minutes... we entps have some skills man...develop it... u can answer it... having a phd u must be expert in research... why not use it...

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Sorry, you can't manulate me into it that easily...

Hold on, you're not Todayme are you? Dude, where you been??? :hug:

Maha Raj

MBTI Type
ENTP
no sir i am not... iam a new guy i found about this site recently... anyway i agree that i can't "manulate" u...

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
Sorry, you can't manulate me into it that easily...

Hold on, you're not Todayme are you? Dude, where you been??? :hug:

he's a young canadian entp.... it's just a recipe for disaster.... seriously....

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^

You see, that's ENTJ humour. More direct.

An ENTP would play along for a longer time..

It's kind of hard to describe the difference, actually, now that I think about it. P humour in general is just more unplanned and moronic. When a P makes a joke, they do it so that the entire execution of it is amusing to watch. When a J makes a joke, they make it so that if you took a second to think about the mechanics of it, it would be really quirky and/or clever as well as funny.

Usehername

On a mission
Sometimes I contemplate world domination, but that's only to see if I could really do it. Once I'd conquered the world I'd simply give it back. Conquering worlds is much more fun than ruling them. :)

lol

so much truth in this statement.