• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] They who annoy INTJs

Two Point Two

MBTI Type
INTJ
You guys are probably right about the J/P thing. I will need to figure out a new way to judge J/P differences. Any suggestions?

Does the person prefer to plan ahead for things, to know about what to expect in advance? Is spontaneity something they avoid? Or, do they prefer not to plan, to let things happen as they will, enjoying spontaneity, taking opportunities as they come up, and feeling confined by others' need to plan?

Does the person prefer to work in a structured environment, or on projects with a degree of srtucture in them? When taking on a project, do they begin by imposing their own structure on a plan? Or, do they work best when projects are open-ended, able to evolve as they go, without any structure imposed by them or anyone else?

These are questions that may require you to know a person a little better in order to answer - but, when you're trying to get an idea of someone's personality, that's probably not a bad thing.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
So this type of girl is usually always talking. Talking about nonsense.
Yes... these kinds of people drive me crazy, too. I think there are various types who behave that way at certain times. Personally, I have trouble enduring female ESTJs... for similar reasons. I can't stand listening to what they talk about... and we don't speak the same language.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
That first paragraph was a sad attempt to interject humor into what appeared to be a tense conversation that was veering of the original track...I wasn't feeling scornful, actually, just a little amused at what looked from the outside like a disjointed tit for tat.

I getcha. And I wasn't actually accusing you of over-much scorn. Really just observing the existence of the INXJ mission, that willingness to know what's right and be short with everything else. (It relates to the OP too because that annoyance comes from somewhere, dunnit?)

And for the on-topic record:

ESFJs I have known are cheerful and energetic girls, but do seem never to know what I'm talking about. They probably do know, but when it comes out of my mouth it is all about the truth of things and processes, and that stuff doesn't seem to register in the way I expect it to. ESFPs in my very limited experience are different. One ESFP guy and I used to have adjoining cubicles, and I never used to get the impression he didn't know what I was saying. It was much more just that he had other things to do, like chase girls, play poker, go to lunch, call a friend, whatev, get out and about.

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I getcha. And I wasn't actually accusing you of over-much scorn. Really just observing the existence of the INXJ mission, that willingness to know what's right and be short with everything else. (It relates to the OP too because that annoyance comes from somewhere, dunnit?).

Yes, and that annoyance is something I've experienced for years. Always wondering, "Why do people talk so phony like this?" "Why can't people talk about real things, like life, and not just fluff and BS?" I always found myself asking these questions to myself. I was largely alone on this one growing up, though. It was pretty depressing. I felt like I was speaking a different language than everyone else, but mine was BETTER.

I always believed strongly in straight talk when dealing with others. Anything else is a waste of time (unless you have to adapt to a new situation to keep your job or something, but that's totally different).

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm not sure it's entirely type defined - your description sound an awful lot like my ENFP mother (though I don't know the relative strengths of Mom's preferences - that might tell something... don't know). Mom is an 'external processor' everything has to be verbalized in order to get it into the thought process. ---And, yes, it drives me nuts!!

Just thoughts.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
An INTJ will not live happily for the rest of his life with an ESFP. An INTP might though.

Why not? We'd have something to gripe about, and apparently we're pretty excited by that prospect. :D

There's something to be said for the interesting dynamic that is apparent in INTJ/ESFP parings.

To the OP, it's difficult to effectively type these girls with just this much understanding of their behavior. That could simply be a mask that they use to deal with people.

I'm inclined to agree with Amar, as I think your ENFP friend would be an excellent viewpoint with which to bridge the gap in understanding here.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
This type of posting makes me question my INTJ love.

By the way, I have neat handwriting. I forced myself to learn to write neatly in junior high school. I used to practice with handwriting books. Very lame way to judge P/J

Mr.Time

MBTI Type
INTJ
This type of posting makes me question my INTJ love.

By the way, I have neat handwriting. I forced myself to learn to write neatly in junior high school. I used to practice with handwriting books. Very lame way to judge P/J

Your profile pic makes me question my ENFP love. :cheese:

And "neat" is also a very subjective word. Neat handwriting to you may not be the same as neat handwriting to me. That ENFP friend I mentioned told me she had very neat handwriting. When I looked at it, I wanted to throw up. So, many of the INTJs up above say their handwriting is messy and you say your handwriting is neat, but until one ultimate judge compares them (that's me), no one can really be sure.

Also, I already addressed that its probably a bad ways to judge P/J. Read before you post.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Oh, so basically if you find out someone is P then you say their handwriting is messy. That makes sense to me!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your profile pic makes me question my ENFP love. :cheese:

And "neat" is also a very subjective word. Neat handwriting to you may not be the same as neat handwriting to me. That ENFP friend I mentioned told me she had very neat handwriting. When I looked at it, I wanted to throw up. So, many of the INTJs up above say their handwriting is messy and you say your handwriting is neat, but until one ultimate judge compares them (that's me), no one can really be sure.

Also, I already addressed that its probably a bad ways to judge P/J. Read before you post.

If you like ENFPs, here's a tip: get ready to hear things twice and have some patience/tolerance for it. You seem to really have a short fuse on that from what I've seen so far :D

You're the one who's asking for opinions, after all. Things are bound to get repeated. Plus, not all of use do the minimal communication-thing you've got going on. That includes the girl you're talking about btw...

Eowyn

MBTI Type
ESfP
Enneagram
Why not? We'd have something to gripe about, and apparently we're pretty excited by that prospect. :D

There's something to be said for the interesting dynamic that is apparent in INTJ/ESFP parings.

That's the word we use to describe our relationship as spouses. Interesting. ;) I'm a bit more balanced than he is, and his T is softening as he ages. And even though he drives me crazy with his constant devil's advocating in discussions, I love the intellectual challenge.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
That's the word we use to describe our relationship as spouses. Interesting. ;) I'm a bit more balanced than he is, and his T is softening as he ages. And even though he drives me crazy with his constant devil's advocating in discussions, I love the intellectual challenge.

Oh, gosh. Yes. You should hear us both devil's advocating at the same time. We'll often swap positions several times in the same convo. That sounded dirty, didn't it? :devil::blush:

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anyways, the purpose of this thread is to help me figure out (or state to me if you already know) what type are these girls. I will state for sure that they're E (for obvious reasons). Both of these girls were also neat in their handwriting (my simplest method of detecting J/P), so I will state that they were J's as well. Details aside, I've seen them present PowerPoint presentations as well, and they were effectively organized, so more indication of being J over P (b/c P's are usually messy).

I have chicken scratch handwriting on my first pass, especially if I'm writing with a pencil.

But then I get a new page and meticulously rewrite it all so it looks neat and pretty because I'm occasionally anal-retentive like that.

But I'm still very much a P.

Your logic is stupid.

And I hate people who say "anyways".

So there.

Talking about nonsense like an ESFP does might be irritating but nothing gets me more on my nerves like an INTJ who insults people left and right without knowing what the hell he´s saying really.

I love you! :)

So, many of the INTJs up above say their handwriting is messy and you say your handwriting is neat, but until one ultimate judge compares them (that's me), no one can really be sure.

Somebody, quick! Pop this guy's inflated self-image before his head swells to such a degree that he needs a little platform with wheels to drag it along behind him once it becomes too heavy for his little neck to support!

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Hey look, perceivers suggesting that flexibility of judgment is required. And that they have neat handwriting.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
"They who annoy INTJs "

In appropriate ENFP fashion, I have not read through this thread, so, short and sweet answer based on the thread title...

Everybody.

:)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The actual trick is to get them all annoyed at you and yet not be able to stop liking you...:whistling:

/prodding of poor INTJs...I think :devil: