• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Which INTUITIVE type is most likely to get FRIEND ZONED?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Ladder Theory 101

The Ladder Theory is a controversial social formula for simplifying attractions between men and women. It posits that men have a sliding scale, or "ladder," ranking every woman they meet on how much they would like to have sex with her. Women, on the other hand, have two ladders, for ranking men they find sexually attractive and men they consider friends. Since men have only one ladder, the theory states that heterosexual men and women can never be friends.

Read more: What Is the Ladder Theory? | eHow.com What Is the Ladder Theory? | eHow.com

Nah that's way too exaggerated. I have girl-friends that I think are physically attractive but I don't think about as being potential sexual partners, and I think most guys feel the same.

E

Epiphany

Ladder theory is a joke to everyone but the idiot men that are also interested in PUA techniques.

There...now! Didn't that make you feel better? You've been holding that in ever since the PUA thread.

PettingZoo.jpg

capricorn009

Sounds true for me... I'm usually the fallback person or the person there's not
enough room for, but yeah when there's a problem that needs solved or you're
bored call me up. People wonder why I don't give a flying fuck what cliques
think I'm happy with my dysfunctional circle of friends because as opposite as
we all might be at times they know how to treat people with a brain or that try
to get along with others with respect.

ENTJ

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm glad the OP opted for INFP, that was my first impression. They're spineless, so that causes a problem in the game. By the way, I am only referring to MALE INFPs...I don't feel like girls get friendzoned because of their TYPE. If they're interested and physically attractive, and not obnoxious or stupid, (which has nothing to do with type), then they probably won't get friendzoned very often. It's easier to work with males.

INFP's might make some of the best partners, in their defense, but I'm afraid they may not take enough initiative or be seen as a little gooey.

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
ENTJ - will probably not acknowledge it if he ever gets involve in one. In the first place, are there too many freindly ENTJs to begin with that they can land a spot even in the platonic friendship department? Secretly, they wish so bad to be Brad Pitt when in truth they're probably more like Donald Trump.

I have to agree. I am more inclined to express my feelings by physical contact than by virtue of romantic jargon and lingo.

Girls don't really liked to be touched by a guy she doesn't know (unless we're all drunk) - and unless we're in a deep relationship, expressing my feelings is just not how I go.

So yes, I am all too familiar with the "friend zone."

Unique

Friend zoning is just something you grow out of IMO

You come to realise that bashing your head against a wall (for years...) isn't going to break through the "friend zone" barrier

While you are doing so you are completely blind to other prospects that may be interested in you and its really unhealthy behavior.

"Lets just be friends?"

"Do you flirt with all your friends? Guess we aren't morally aligned enough to be friends if thats how you behave..."

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
You know if you people who complain about "Friend Zoneing" had any brains youd realize that having nonsexual female friends is a very good opportunity to be introduced to women who would be interested in you.
Ive met 2 of my past girlfriends through a mutual female friend. I also might add that Ive never once been upset about having a friend regardless of gender. I mean think about it, your essentially getting mad BECAUSE you have a friend.

All the stupid "Friendzone" theory does is transfer the blame for you being lonely and single from yourself to someone else.

"Its not my fault I dont have a girlfriend, its HER fault for not wanting to fuck me! How dare a woman show any interest in me without wanting to suck my cock!!!"

Seriously, grow up.

Edit: And Ladder Theory is the epitome of Autism. Quit trying to rationalize why your not popular with women and do something about it.

Last edited:
E

Epiphany

All the stupid "Friendzone" theory does is transfer the blame for you being lonely and single from yourself to someone else.

"Its not my fault I dont have a girlfriend, its HER fault for not wanting to fuck me! How dare a woman show any interest in me without wanting to suck my cock!!!"

Seriously, grow up.

Such hostility! Do you think that the more abrasive your post is, the more convincing it will be? :thumbdown:

Edit: And Ladder Theory is the epitome of Autism. Quit trying to rationalize why your not popular with women and do something about it.

Attraction, itself, is not rational; it is based on feeling. That's why many times people are not attracted to the qualities which they claim they are seeking in a partner. You can't rationalize feelings, but you can try to understand them from a rational point of view. Some guys do tend to put all of the blame on women. It's not a woman's fault that she is not attracted to her male "just-friend." But it is her fault when she runs to him and complains about her asshole boyfriend who doesn't treat her right and then expects him to be her emotional support, knowing that he has romantic feelings for her, and leaves him empty handed.

You know if you people who complain about "Friend Zoneing" had any brains youd realize that having nonsexual female friends is a very good opportunity to be introduced to women who would be interested in you.
Ive met 2 of my past girlfriends through a mutual female friend. I also might add that Ive never once been upset about having a friend regardless of gender. I mean think about it, your essentially getting mad BECAUSE you have a friend.

I made this point in the other friend-zone thread:

This is key. Use your friendship as leverage to meet and attract other girls. Plus, once you start dating someone else, it could potentially make your friend more interested in you, depending on her maturity level.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/relationships/32052-friend-zoned-story-my-life-2.html#post1204357

Don't assume that because somebody acknowledges the existence of a "just friend-zone" that they are opposed to having "just friends." Most likely, if they find themselves constantly being friend-zoned by women who they're romantically interested in then they don't understand how attraction works.

The Ladder Theory seems to have created quite a stir. I didn't say that I endorsed the ladder theory. I posted a link referencing the ladder theory because it essentially reiterated what the poster above me stated. Having said that, I do agree with some of the ladder theory, as it is an abstract concept illustrating the differences between men and women regarding sexual attraction. What I don't agree with is the last sentence: "Since men have only one ladder, the theory states that heterosexual men and women can never be friends." Obviously, men and women do have platonic friendships that last for a long time; but the question arises if they ever viewed or desired each other sexually and what circumstances, if any, would've caused those desires to manifest physically. Women's "just friend-zone" seems to be more concrete while men's friend zone is more fluid. Women don't have to be aggressive to seek sexual encounters. All they have to do is be submissive. If someone has a lot of potential sexual partners knocking on their door, they can afford to be more exclusive to whom they make themselves vulnerable to, and keep their friends who they're not as sexually attracted to in a purely platonic state.

All I can do is speak for myself. I can't think of any close female friends who I never had the slightest semblance of a sexual thought about. There are many reasons why I never initiated sexual or romantic advances towards them: some were relatives of other close friends, some wanted a relationship with me and I didn't reciprocate her interest...or vice versa, some we considered our friendship too valuable to risk losing it over a romantic fling, etc... Nonetheless, if the circumstances were right (alcohol was involved, one or both of us were between relationships, dating was scarce, an opportunity arose to become sexual and we didn't fear the consequences) I may have engaged in a sexual encounter with any of those "just friends." Usually, when a woman puts a man in her just-friends zone, he's not getting out no matter how hard he tries. That's why it is imperative to create a sense of attraction early on if there are any romantic intentions.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For NTs: most likely INTP > ENTJ > INTJ > ENTP
not enough experience with NF guys to rank them

This ranking above is affected by a particular 'filtering' system that I use. First I friend-zone all of the guys that I meet. Then I observe what they do. The guys who have well-developed feeling side of their personality as well as guys who are interested in me for something else than sex, stay and keep up relations long-term. Others quickly lose interest, may completely lose contact and move on. This later kind of males I consider to be unsuitable for having a meaningful long-term relationship with. So INTJs and ENTPs with well-developed Fe tend to win over.