• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] The ENTP advice thread

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Ask us any advice, and we will give you one. :hug:

Fluxkom

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ha! I had this idea as well but lost it somehow :) Good you pick it up again as I am really curious on the solutions we will come up for the various problems.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fine. I have one.
Please tell me how to stop procrastinating. :yes:
Your ESTP brethren have major attention deficit issues... :whistling:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Get a vasectomity, but wait no thats not what procrastinating means, is it ? :D

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
eh, that require some self discipline and determination.

Find out what you are procrastinating about, give yourself three reasons why you should do it now.

Is the workload too long?
is the workload too hard?
or are you just being lazy?

If the workload is too hard or too long, I would just forget about doing it.
If I have to do it, I would start and break it up into little bits and make it manageable to do. You don't have to finish it, just reward yourself for starting is good enough.

sometimes, saying you can't do it is also solution. we are humans after all, and we have limited capabilities.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Get a vasectomity, but wait no thats not what procrastinating means, is it ? :D

I already did that, it didn't work! :doh:

eh, that require some self discipline and determination.

Find out what you are procrastinating about, give yourself three reasons why you should do it now.

Is the workload too long?
is the workload too hard?
or are you just being lazy?

If the workload is too hard or too long, I would just forget about doing it.
If I have to do it, I would start and break it up into little bits and make it manageable to do. You don't have to finish it, just reward yourself for starting is good enough.

sometimes, saying you can't do it is also solution. we are humans after all, and we have limited capabilities.

I am being lazy, THAT is the problem.
So, I need to develop a potion for eliminating laziness. :happy2:

I've convinced myself that there is nothing I can't do. The illusion has worked thus far. :newwink: I'll figure it out, or find someone who can. :D Never surrender! Never give up!!!

Good insights, Sir.
Your thread has passed the litmus test.

:cheers:

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Fine. I have one.
Please tell me how to stop procrastinating. :yes:
Your ESTP brethren have major attention deficit issues... :whistling:

So do we. That's why we tend to get along - we're both really good at coming up with fun things to do instead of working.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Wow the advice thread is already working, only a genius like the entp could have found out its because of "just being lazy" :D:D

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
But what if you're procrastinating, but you're not lazy?
I'm restless. I always want to do things. I do a lot of things.
I only don't do the things I should do, or even the things I want to do. I have a full day for writing and I can write, only I'm doing other things instead. And then I'm frustrated I didn't write.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well hmm, maybe then you are either procrastinating the things you should do or you are too lazy to do the things you should do.

I dont know, anyone ?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So do we. That's why we tend to get along - we're both really good at coming up with fun things to do instead of working.

Muhaaaa... :devil:

Wow the advice thread is already working, only a genius like the entp could have found out its because of "just being lazy" :D:D

Being ridiculously blunt - a new form of intelligence! Only EXTPs will go for this, others will resist, I am certain...

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
How much wood,
Could a wood chuck, chuck
If a wood chuck, could chuck, wood?

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
The War of Jenkins Ear, now there's a topic I can sink my teeth into!

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I already did that, it didn't work! :doh:

I am being lazy, THAT is the problem.
So, I need to develop a potion for eliminating laziness. :happy2:

I've convinced myself that there is nothing I can't do. The illusion has worked thus far. :newwink: I'll figure it out, or find someone who can. :D Never surrender! Never give up!!!

Good insights, Sir.
Your thread has passed the litmus test.

:cheers:

Actually, this is pretty easy to solve.
you can buy a notebook and write down things you are procrastinating about.
then, when you done something about the work you are currently procrastinating, write down the date you you did something on that notebook. then you can see how you are progressing.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually, this is pretty easy to solve.
you can buy a notebook and write down things you are procrastinating about.
then, when you done something about the work you are currently procrastinating, write down the date you you did something on that notebook. then you can see how you are progressing.

I am actually very good at getting things done by when they NEED to be done by. I work best under pressure. If something is not imminent, I put it on the back burner. It never hurts to improve one's methods though. I list and diagram everything. One of the best ways to stop procrastinating is to write a document. If you tell someone to research topic "X" for 5 hours and then ask them what they learned, they will give you crap. If you tell them "In 5 hours I want to see a draft document of everything you can learn about topic "X." Go!" you will get a much better product. My old boss used to do this to me. :D

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
How can I create a skateboard like the one in Back to the Future?