• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] The Best Bullshit Detector

YoungGun2112

MBTI Type
ENTP
Which NT type has the best bullshit detector?

By bullshit, I mean any type of deceit. Be it lying, being fake, telling half-truths, leading people on, pretending to be something or someone you are not, secret motives, whatever. Just has to be a form of deceit.

I am thinking ENTJ.

Te seems to be the function that would be most constantly vetting the things going on around the ENTJ, checking facts, going over things in their thoughts. I think ENTP, with Ne, would be extremely strong as well, but they might too often take things people tell them at face value because they so often have a rationale for why something can be the way it was said to be. INTP and INTJ don't see outwardly focused enough to vet people for bullshit. I feel like they would go, "Oh, okay," and then go back to their thoughts.

But all NT types, are probably MUCH stronger at detecting bullshit than other MBTI types.

Usehername

On a mission
I think perceptive Fs would be better bullshit detectors (the exception being the Fs who don't understand that Ts can be different from them and genuinely not have deep feelings or empathy in certain situations, and thus impose ways of being onto people different from them).

bLAze

I don't know, but I am a perfect bullshit detector and I am an ENTJ.
I have never met anyone better than myself at detecting insincerity or lying in general. I am just skeptical by nature and see RIGHT through it.

I cannot stand when girls flirt with me either. It is a pro in formal matters, but a con in social interaction.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
People don't have to call the bullshit out in order to recognize it as such.

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think perceptive Fs would be better bullshit detectors (the exception being the Fs who don't understand that Ts can be different from them and genuinely not have deep feelings or empathy in certain situations, and thus impose ways of being onto people different from them).

Yay, I'm a bullshit detector!

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't know, but I am a perfect bullshit detector and I am an ENTJ.
I have never met anyone better than myself at detecting insincerity or lying in general. I am just skeptical by nature and see RIGHT through it.

I cannot stand when girls flirt with me either. It is a pro in formal matters, but a con in social interaction.

Both my bullshit detector and my The-Guy-I'm-Quoting-Is-Going-To-Get-Pissed-Off-At-This detector are blinking.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I'd give it to NFJ's they can see through the crap as well.

It's our curse and our blessing.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
There are different kinds of bullshit detectors. I'm not particularly tuned into a person's emotions, but I'm the most tuned into whether a person's words matches their actions, and also if their behavior seems consistent. That is how my bullshit detector works.

On the other hand my INFJ wife is extremely tuned into a person's emotions, so she can sense when a person is up to something or acting shifty even if she doesn't know exactly why. She tends to trust people who give off a trustworthy vibe, while I trust people when they act consistently. So our bullshit detectors tend to go off in different kinds of situations.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
A lack of feelings can also come off as insincere can't it?

Best bullshit detector? Anyone who can catch those who act out of sync with what they say, do, feel, and think.

Best bullshitters tend to be poker players IMO.

YoungGun2112

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'd give it to NFJ's they can see through the crap as well.

It's our curse and our blessing.

I wouldn't argue that. I used to be close with an INFJ that was the best bullshit detector I have ever seen. She knew people were full of shit by the way they carried themselves across a room. I usually can tell too, but she did it to a crazy level.

But the problem with her was that once you were in her someone-that-does-not bullshit category, it was hard for you to get back out of it, no matter what type of deceit happened. She gave too many people the benefit of the doubt, wanting to believe in the goodness of them. I feel like that is the main problem with F's. They want to believe in people, especially the ones closest to them. I don't feel as if they are cynical enough to vet people. But my experience with NFJs is limited, so I could very well be way off base here.

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
I wouldn't argue that. I used to be close with an INFJ that was the best bullshit detector I have ever seen. She knew people were full of shit by the way they carried themselves across a room. I usually can tell too, but she did it to a crazy level.

But the problem with her, was that once you were in her someone-that-does-not bullshit category, it was hard for you to get back out of it, no matter what type of deceit happened. She gave too many people the benefit of the doubt, wanting to believe in the goodness of them. I feel like that is the main problem with F's. They want to believe in people, especially the ones closest to them. I don't feel as if they are cynical enough, to vet people. But my experience with NFJs is limited, so I could very well be way off base here.

You're doing fine.

bLAze

You're making my He's-Either-A-Troll-Or-Just-A-Dick detector go in to overdrive.

If either of your attempted jokes were funny, I may have been OK. But in retrospect I see that I wasted my time reading both of your posts only to not even laugh. What a letdown, dude.