• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ's Do you suppress your smiles?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My forced smile is really bad. People sometimes get annoyed when they take a photo of me just because of my smile. When I force a smile they still tell me to smile. I'm the one who has to get my photo repeated the most times.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I seem to do this a lot and was wondering if this was another typical INTJ expression just like our oh so feared INTJ glare.

Rather than smile broadly, I tend to suppress the smile. Almost smirkish in a way.

Do you do this too?
Pics anyone? I'll show you mine if you show me yours ;)

No, I don't do that...I go all the way. I use all kind of smiles including the kind in your picture, but the wide ones are well-represented. You're stunning in that pic btw.

thescientist

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
No, I don't do that...I go all the way. I use all kind of smiles including the kind in your picture, but the wide ones are well-represented. You're stunning in that pic btw.

Why thank you! :blush:

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Do you guys even smile?

OK Fine! I'll start with a pic.
The Suppressed Smile on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Wowpretty.

I do something similar. Usually it makes me look either mildly embarrassed (example 1) or smarmy (example 2), but I like it better than my full smile (which is really broad and makes me look like a manticore).
l_eb83bc8d97a74e36ab4f4a66151740f8.jpg

l_42fcabd553494cd9b586f7b7f63fbc2e.jpg

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
upon thinking about it more, i think the 5 laughing at the wrong jokes at the wrong times is where the suppression comes from.

i remember talking to my friend about backwards laughing disorder when we were 17.

now i just pollute the air with enough smiles and laughs and chuckles that i get away with nearly anything. i am just an oddball. but, at the same time, when it is too much focused on one other person, he or she will at times get uncomfortable with my amusement.

Qre:us

it takes more muscles to frown than to smile. path of least resistance....smile.:)

Qre:us

Do you guys even smile?

OK Fine! I'll start with a pic.
The Suppressed Smile on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

It's a great disservice to humanity for them to miss out on your smile.

But, I do the same, my smiles turn the corners of my mouth down...but it's more out of amusement. As most pictures I find amusing, having to pose and stand still just looking into the lens. It seems silly. Silly is amusing.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't have this "let's smile, yay!" attitude nowadays, so there's not much to suppress.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
ISFJs have beauty pageant smiles.

(from back when beauty pageants were uplifting and wholesome and not so very E).

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
beauty pregnant smilies ? Dont you think that's a bit nastily formulated in that context ? :D

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
My face when I'm happy :|
My face when I'm okay :|
My face when I'm sad :|
My face when I'm trying to be personable :) (forced)
That little face that happens when someone finally manages to make me buckle :D coupled with insane laughter and sore sides.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Yeah if I'm not in a party-ish atmosphere I do try to suppress my smiles, I think look kinda retarded when that happens though. But I do smile if a stranger makes a quip or something, I'm also fairly good smiling for photos but I generally try to stay away from camera lens'.

I guess it's just at work really when I try not to smile but I generally try to not show any emotion at work

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
I'm always smiling.

Or at least I think so... People often come up to me and tell me to "smile", so maybe not. Actually, I have no idea. Who pays attention to something like that anyway?

My default face:
4684_114384021186_605386186_3184851_3303314_n.jpg

I consider that smiling.

I do not think that I suppress my smiles... Nevermind, I haven't a clue. Carry on.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
papperoceans, you just look like the wheels are turning.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Seems like you are thinking of something but it could be anything.

I don't really smile much but can "force" a smile by just choosing something to laugh at. Don't know how well this technique may work on INTJs but I find it very effective to just focus on some absurdity or another and quietly laugh when people want a smile from me.

Cindy

MBTI Type
INTJ
All the time! And then I have those times when something inappropriate happens and I can't stop laughing. I've just had to leave the room before because I'll be supressing my laughter way past the joke and the more I supress it the more I want to laugh and the crazier/ruder/more immature I'm going to look. Dam funny to me though :devil:

Yeah I find myself forcing smiles more often than supressing them. It may take more muscles to frown than smile but the ones I need to smile must be weak cos it's hard. The more I feel the pressure to smile, the harder it gets. Like someone said, I have to think of something else that makes me smile and use this for the situation.