• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Anger

Liason

I'm more offensive in person!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have always been of the belief (perhaps foolishly) that everyone has the same capacity to control their self when it comes to anger, or at least, outbursts caused by such. In my opinion, anger is never conducive to anything in my life. Keep in mind this is just from my personal experience and may not relate to anyone else, but personally, it has no use for me. It clouds judgment and causes irrational action if it is in excess, and overall I find it quite the useless emotion. If something is "hated/disliked" by you, why should you waste the energy it takes. Why waste thoughts upon something that you detest so? It's a waste of energy, and thus I do not. I assumed that everyone had the same reasoning that I did to begin with, the same raw materials for control over ones self yet chooses or does not choose to use it, but an ISTJ friend told me different. He said that because everyone's perception of the world is different they all deal with anger in their own way and that it is not a choice.

Input?

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Anger and hate can be useful.

As long as one waits for a situation of appropriate severity to apply them.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I have always been of the belief (perhaps foolishly) that everyone has the same capacity to control their self when it comes to anger, or at least, outbursts caused by such. .

Input?

I agree but almost certainly not in the way you might imagine.

Everyone is capable of murder in the right circumstances.... just most people ahve different tipping points.

I'm pretty sure you didn't mean that, that you thought everyone has the ability to control their anger in a civilised way and I'd totalyl dissagree with you. If it were true there would b no murders etc. Almost all murders are anger fuled and the remaining are non angered are seriously twisted types - cold blood without consious or empathy.

Ok I am labouring the point... no people have very different aptitudes to control themselves.

There are different views about IF one ought to control anger - ie it inverst and eat as you and becomes suppreseed with often leads to rage which is massively distructive on the physical and emotional health.

Many passive agressive types are eatten up by not being confrontational, so when they do confront it's a hideous mess of acusation - when the deed was probably relatively minor.

In the happy clappy school of world order we all ought to lighten up and care less....

All walks have merits but humans tend to have one thing in common, they are all pretty different and behave differently to the same stimulus.

Sorry I've probably just done a complete circle.

Anger can spurn a person who is non confrontation to have their needs met at lest in part.

Anger can help in emergency sisutation
Anger can cause people to rethink their steps and take alternative routes
Anger can be increadibly distructive, cause offense and lead to escalations toward violence.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't beleive hate has any use what so ever, I think along with Jelousy it is one of the most unhealthy emo...

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Hate. Gives incentive, clarity of vision, and focus.

If someone has wronged you in a sufficiently severe way to justify hate, that hate can drive you rectify the situation so that equity has been achieved.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP

If someone has wronged you in a sufficiently severe way to justify hate, that hate can drive you rectify the situation so that equity has been achieved.

Sorry Disc...

But this is kind of a teen response.... Revenge/retribution doesn't drive possitive outcomes.

Waterstones the bookshop was born out of some guy beign angry because he got fired, so he set up the company and traded, did very well for himself. Huge difference than the exchange that happens through hatred, which usually is about tit for tat, never a good for anyone...

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Hatred is only a problem when taken too far. That's why I said "until equity has been achieved". Hatred only serves a purpose insofar as it acts to support just result.

An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind. But letting the man who blinded you go free begets acceptance of criminality.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind. But letting the man who blinded you go free begets acceptance of criminality.

I just can't agree I'm affriad... but no biggie

An eye for an eye leves both men handicapped, one doesn't have to have retribution in order to balance the situation. Many phylosophies and beleifs look at different ways of dealing with this type of crime agains fellow man.

Hate is pointless, destructive and causes more problmes than it can ever hope to fix. Anger however has possitives and negatives...

anyways, don't want to get into a pingpong match, just don't agree witcha... ;)

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8

It doesn't rectify jack shit, but it can totally make the angry person feel better. So I think it's kind of a good instrument for certain purposes. Let's not act as if it's some godsent stuff tho

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
It's all just emotion.

What matters is that we have the discipline to know how much emotion is necessary.

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
An eye for an eye leves both men handicapped, one doesn't have to have retribution in order to balance the situation. Many phylosophies and beleifs look at different ways of dealing with this type of crime agains fellow man.
Retribution serves a very useful social purpose. If those with antisocial tendencies are not weeded out, they would eventually dominate and cause the society to fall apart.

Anger is a temporary state which allow one to act very aggressively against an oppressor and yet maintain their peaceful nature most of the time.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Retribution serves a very useful social purpose. If those with antisocial tendencies are not weeded out, they would eventually dominate and cause the society to fall apart.

No, it really doens't. If someone had commited a legitimate crime then we have laws, almost everything else is petty squabbles - and not worthy of retaliation.

I'd put a guess that there will be a gender devide on the answers to this question and also a partciular skew of you blokes 14 - 28 who beleive retribution is useful. Note this demographic group are the highest propotion of criminals. have higher inccidence of accidents etc.... angry young men cause problems, retrubition cause ssociety problems.

Ok snuff from me,

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Anger is not conducive at all in my opinion .. Throw raw emotions into the equation and it becomes an absolute mess.

I find that by feeling what i do then putting them feelings to one side so able to look at the situation with a rational mind. I find myself in a better place, i know that i can walk away if i choose :D

Liason

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anger is not conducive at all in my opinion .. Throw raw emotions into the equation and it becomes an absolute mess.

I find that by feeling what i do then putting them feelings to one side so able to look at the situation with a rational mind. I find myself in a better place, i know that i can walk away if i choose :D

Yes. I don't really care if people have anger and hate. I just don't think they should let their emotions dictate their actions. It is not efficient at all.

Liason

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't beleive hate has any use what so ever, I think along with Jelousy it is one of the most unhealthy emo...

Yes. I cannot help but think that the entire thought of "revenge" becomes less and less appealing as it is less logical throughout mental and emotional maturity.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Yes. I don't really care if people have anger and hate. I just don't think they should let their emotions dictate their actions. It is not efficient at all.

Lol .. You are so not a feeler .. That's OK. I can only speak for me but it got to a point where there was so much intensity in my emotions that i could probably murder someone. Maybe that is my fault for wearing my heart on my sleeve, people can take advantage easier. I know but i don't even see the manipulation coming until it is to late.

Have you ever been pushed to your limits? When someone is in your face, pushing buttons for a reaction, laughing at you and you are almost ready to snap?

What actually stops you?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Have you ever been pushed to your limits? When someone is in your face, pushing buttons for a reaction, laughing at you and you are almost ready to snap?

What actually stops you?

I don't get to that point. I don't care enough about them and what they're saying to get angry like that.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I don't get to that point. I don't care enough about them and what they're saying to get angry like that.

Is everyone else the same in this regard?

Wow, that is good. Maybe then as the saying goes 'People only treat you the way you allow them to treat you' holds a lot of weight here. Something i should possibly take on board.

Thank you.

Liason

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lol .. You are so not a feeler .. That's OK. I can only speak for me but it got to a point where there was so much intensity in my emotions that i could probably murder someone. Maybe that is my fault for wearing my heart on my sleeve, people can take advantage easier. I know but i don't even see the manipulation coming until it is to late.

What actually stops you?

Well, I try and go for the most logical action. If they are actually hindering me from getting one of my goals done, then I will stop them, be it physically or verbally. However, if they are pestering me in a way that truly doesn't actually bother me from working on what I am trying to get done, then I will not care.