• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP- did you destroy things?

RecklessRecluse

MBTI Type
eNTP
I remember when I was pretty young there was this place called Club Disney, its kind of like Chuck E Cheese except not. There was this room where every week they had a new theme. I had gone with a friend to the room thinking it would still be the cool wizard laboratory. Instead it was some Lego display, nice neat intricate Lego sculptures everywhere. My friend and I destroyed them and then blamed some shadier looking boys(who were probably nice kids). I remember sort of being angry that the wizard laboratory place had gone away, but I really just destroyed those Lego sculptures because it seemed like an excellent idea at the time.

redsox44344

MBTI Type
ENTP
Typically I destroyed things frequently. I also had the precarious habit of chasing my cat around and trying to pull its tail, constantly. This typically led to a mess of the house and my mom getting mad. It was like an addiction, I couldn't stop.

proximo

Having said all I did earlier in the thread, I've got to admit that there is something illicitly satisfying and exhiliarating about wanton, total destruction.

I say that because I've indulged in it a few times, in fits of anger mostly, but also when not at all angry - just from pure excess of pent-up energy. I once completely trashed a room out of just sheer bottled-up-ness, and it felt FANTASTIC.

Only on my own stuff/place/belongings, mind you. And I was alone, so I wasn't scaring the shit out of anyone. Sometimes the constant habit of bottling up, controlling and restraining emotions, coupled with the strong need to externalise, added then to a total unavailability of any positive/legal avenue of expression... well, it has to go somewhere.

But I won't deny that, when I hear people bemoaning the "mindlessness" of general street vandalism, I can't help but think there must be something wrong with those people if they honestly can't imagine getting any satisfaction at all - even whilst being ashamed of it - from just really letting loose and smashing shit up.

I'm sure we all feel the urge, though most of us restrain it, most of the time :D

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
As children, were you nearly incapable of respecting the goods and property of others? Did you improve? Ever?

I'm currently trying to decide whether I should just go ahead and start a bail fund for my child. :shock: It's a good thing this kid is so freaking brilliant...perhaps developing into something insanely famous, so as to repay me for all my trouble? Seriously. Experiements involving deodorant, paper, chewing gum and her sibling's hair? So well-intentioned. And so diabolic.

But, really...all exasperation and exaggeration aside, what were you like as children? (fwiw, I actually like my kiddo quite a lot. :wubbie:)

I took apart the baby grand piano just to see how it works for myself. All that talk of little hammers...

I was pretty destructive, partly out of clumsiness and partly out of curiosity. I just want to know how everything works. I used to sneak into my mom's closet and just systematically take everything apart. I remember spending hours fucking with her strange sundial. The words sunday through saturday were clearly written on this round thing but I didn't get how it was supposed to tell both the time and the day. Then one day this strange thing disappeared. It was until 9 months later when my sis was born that I saw it again. So I started fucking with it again until my mom caught me and punished me severely. She just didn't understand.

I spent my entire 3rd grade year trying to pop out everyone's eyeballs. Even my own. I was obsessed.

Even now, whenever my bf cooks and presents a meal, my fingers go directly into his plate to smoosh it up and see what's inside. He doesn't like that very much. It's a compulsive need to see what will happen, see what it will feel like, see how it works. I never mean to break anything. I want to understand it and make it better.

proximo

Even now, whenever my bf cooks and presents a meal, my fingers go directly into his plate to smoosh it up and see what's inside. He doesn't like that very much. It's a compulsive need to see what will happen, see what it will feel like, see how it works. I never mean to break anything. I want to understand it and make it better.

I think it was Gandalf who said "To break a thing in order to understand it is to leave the path of wisdom." ;)

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think it was Gandalf who said "To break a thing in order to understand it is to leave the path of wisdom." ;)

gandalf could have solved that problem by buying two.

Drezoryx

MBTI Type
ENTp
haha this is an amazing thread. ive destroyed many cars not hand braked by pushing them into open ditches/drains at age 6! one sky blue light weight car was my favourite. :workout:

destroyed gardens by getting a gang of friends and peeing all over at age 3-5:smile:

throwing off my entire toybox 1 toy at a time to see how far i could throw it along with my friends from 1st floor apartment.:hi:

tried to cross the entire house without stepping on the floor even once. well that destroyed many furniture items when my gang of friends followed ;)

ive also climbed over into other peoples home and shouted at teenagers that they have a gf/bf while they were having meals at age 5 :shock:

sometimes with a friend otherwise alone ive gone about smashing stones into glass windows, ah but i knew that would get fixed for free being government apartments at age 6-7 :blush:

interestingly ive also looked like a serious and very good kid, very thoughtful and dreamy, never acting bad in front of my teachers, even shedding a tear to prove my sensitivity. my teachers still recall how quiet and studious i was!:headphne:

however little do they know what i was upto! :huh:

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I never purposefully destroyed things.

Well, I would rip the tags off of beanie babies when I was little, because I loved the tearing sensation. Needless to say, I always loved opening presents. People would always tell me that was a no-no but I couldn't help myself. Now that I'm older, I don't because I want to know the names of the animals. (Yes, I still collect plushies and things.) I would also chew apart pens and writing utensils because again, of liking the sensation.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
-In games I charge in and ruin plans my friend had on purpose and occasionally attract enemies that may kill us or just him purely for my amusement. I know what I'm doing and it's a bi-product of trolling him. Does that count?

-As a kid I rough housed with my cats all the time and had scratches all over my arms all throughout growing up. I've since stopped though. Mostly.

-I am reckless with everything and always have been. My N64 controller and guitar as a kid, my cameras, my earbuds/headphones are most all broken, and I just don't care to put in effort to be "conscientious" about it.

Scaven

MBTI Type
ENTP
I remember blasting Playmobils to smithereens with fireworks.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Define destroy.

I often tell people their ideas are bad before they begin.

I always do my own thing in team efforts, even against my allies.

I am more likely to sabotage.

soulsin

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Before the age of seven, I broke both my legs, my arms, and ran into a seesaw in the schoolyard and had a concussion. Not all at once but one after another. You can say once the cast was off, I went into excite-mode and yeah... :newwink:

I am an 80's baby, so there was really no objects to break lol. My dad had to show me the medical bills and told me, "Child. You were expensive." :shrug:

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I hold absolutely no love for any object I own and break things constantly, if it costs over 50$, I'll try to be gentle with it. But anything less of value then that I hold to little regard.

If its someone else's things, I'll keep it squeaky clean. But I personally don't see objects as things to hold much value. That might be the American in me talking

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I must not be a true American if so. My way of thinking is more like "If you take care of your tools then your tools will take care of you."
India and China have been rolling out cheap goods, which in turn has affected a change in people's habits in America. Over buying products is a new level in our capitalistic nation. American stereotype around the world are known to be fat, and spend money. Which makes sense considering the consumerism culture America has been going through.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I hold absolutely no love for any object I own and break things constantly, if it costs over 50$, I'll try to be gentle with it. But anything less of value then that I hold to little regard.

If its someone else's things, I'll keep it squeaky clean. But I personally don't see objects as things to hold much value. That might be the American in me talking

Do those include sunglasses? I break sunglasses all the time.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I lose them more often then I break them. My prescriptions are the only ones I care about.
(

Oh, I don't have prescriptions. But, it's why I don't pay more than $10 for sunglasses anymore. (I go under $5 if I can...)