• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP- did you destroy things?

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
Ohh Katsuni, you just described my entire childhood, right down to the open parenting book...

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I destroyed things, and turned things into weapons, and used those weapons to destroy things.

All in all, I was pretty destructive...but inventive about it. And I liked to run around in war paint. Who doesn't like that?

RecklessRecluse

MBTI Type
eNTP
I used to smash all the toys I would get from happy meals (and my brother's) and then glue all of the weird little parts I found inside to each other. I also used to move all of the contents of my room out into another room and then hide in the middle of the pile, drove my parents nuts. I once decided to build carnival rides out of some chairs, a large shovel, rope and some other not so safe objects. My brother got to test them.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Are you sure you're an ENTP? ;)

Yeah I'm sure! I just think of money in terms of tenners (£10). It works brilliantly. Cause I know If I take out £10 so i can buy a McDonalds for £4 then the other £6 will disappear on cookies! or Pepsi! or other things with sugar! So I kind of plan with my lack of self control in mind! Try it! Think in terms of tenners!

Oh and I try to never ever pay by card! Thats a route to skintness! and no money means no sugar mean boredom!!!!!

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
i dont really remember most of the stuff i got into although my mom does have a few stories and i remember i LOVED summer vacations...that was the only time when i cuold do stuff my way...have access to all my toys and the everything in my mom's kitchen and everything in the storage room...also cuz there would be times when my mom would be busy and i could get into my dad's closets...that always had the most interesting stuff

i remember trying to come up with a sweet recipe to make huge bubbles...except pretty soon that turned into the quest to make the invisibility potion....god damn i miss being a kid

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
when it comes to dealing with entp kids, reason works the best. threats and statements will get you absolutely nowhere...in fact, doing so you just might be laying the foundation for future relationship discontentments.

if you want the kid to get in the car, do not be like "get in the car"
be like...we are going to the school and the car is going to get us there; we should get on it.

do not tell the entp kid to say sorry to others, tell him to make things right cuz he made the other kid feel bad. one of doing this is saying sorry

i say this from my experience with my parents and also cuz im living with a 5yr old possible ENTP right now.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTbneJ-ydEI"]xD[/YOUTUBE]

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
let's see. first you ask if i destroyed things. taking that to mean, "ever", then oh god yes. then you asked if i stopped. taking that to mean, "now", oh god no.

the first thing i remember 'destroying' was my grandmother's bird. i was three. she was pretty pissed.

the latest thing i 'destroyed' was let's see, it's around 11:00am now, so noooothing yet, but yesterday, i destroyed my front door. and, by destroy, i mean i made it better in my eyes, but the landlord may not see it that way.

therefore, no, i haven't stopped, just gotten better at picking/choosing what i destroy fix and, of course, creating/improving, since i've had a lot of trial and error experience.

my sister has a lot of bad (and good!) memories concerning her hair. and, one tragic one that involved her eyebrows on picture day. but, i had great intentions at heart, i swear. maybe not towards her personally, but had it worked perfectly, i'd have been delighted at having discovered something new for the world at large and at her being the first benefactor of that improvement.

the world is my laboratory.

proximo

let's see. first you ask if i destroyed things. taking that to mean, "ever", then oh god yes. then you asked if i stopped. taking that to mean, "now", oh god no.

the first thing i remember 'destroying' was my grandmother's bird. i was three. she was pretty pissed.

the latest thing i 'destroyed' was let's see, it's around 11:00am now, so noooothing yet, but yesterday, i destroyed my front door. and, by destroy, i mean i made it better in my eyes, but the landlord may not see it that way.

therefore, no, i haven't stopped, just gotten better at picking/choosing what i destroy fix and, of course, creating/improving, since i've had a lot of trial and error experience.

my sister has a lot of bad (and good!) memories concerning her hair. and, one tragic one that involved her eyebrows on picture day. but, i had great intentions at heart, i swear. maybe not towards her personally, but had it worked perfectly, i'd have been delighted at having discovered something new for the world at large and at her being the first benefactor of that improvement.

the world is my laboratory.

Yeah I relate to this a bit better - the sort of consensual destruction you mention like your sister's hair and stuff like that... yeah, I did that sorta thing too, and to an extent, still do. You might've made a mess of her hair, but she had to let you do it :D

I might persuade someone to permit me to take and experiment on/possibly break something of theirs, though not in a dishonest way - I don't try to pretend there aren't risks involved. And my sister had some far out haircuts in her time, as did the dog... as did I... though the pay-off is that eventually I worked it out and now I can cut hair pretty well, so my family and friends never have to pay for haircuts :)

But the whole "take other people's stuff without asking, break it for the sheer hell of it without any thought, regard or respect for their feelings/property" thing... nope, I don't think that was ever in me.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah I relate to this a bit better - the sort of consensual destruction you mention like your sister's hair and stuff like that... yeah, I did that sorta thing too, and to an extent, still do. You might've made a mess of her hair, but she had to let you do it :D

I might persuade someone to permit me to take and experiment on/possibly break something of theirs, though not in a dishonest way - I don't try to pretend there aren't risks involved. And my sister had some far out haircuts in her time, as did the dog... as did I... though the pay-off is that eventually I worked it out and now I can cut hair pretty well, so my family and friends never have to pay for haircuts :)

But the whole "take other people's stuff without asking, break it for the sheer hell of it" thing... nope, I don't think that was ever in me.

yeah, continuing with that one example, i convinced her first, but i'd have dropped it had she not agreed. then i'd have proceeded to annihilate my own hair. one way or another, i'd find out.

what the hell does stealing and destroying other's things 'just for the hell of it' have to do with being any type? sounds like a different kind of personality issue.

the whole point of the 'destroying' is to build up, to make a system/or whatever, better. otherwise, it's not scientific and with purpose. it's just a waste.

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Apparently (according to my esfj mum) - my entp bro used to always break stuff, - he once put a big glass of water on our TV, and my mum chased him everywhere(Possibly to see what happened), and another time where he snapped my mums glasses in two - this is when he was like small, btw:shock: - He only breaks stuff now when he gets angry. :D -

his a bit too serious for a ENTP though, so I could doubt his really an ENTP- he hasn't done the test and gotten 'right' results.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
The only thing I ever broke...

*dramatic pause*

*checks to ensure everyone is listening*

...was hearts.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
The only thing I ever broke...

*dramatic pause*

*checks to ensure everyone is listening*

...was hearts.

what's important is if you improved them by doing so. i'll assume you did.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wasn't really an ENTP when I was growing up, and I was too lazy to break things apart for the most part, so no I didn't (intentionally anyway). I did fix a couple of things though -- Once I took apart the VCR rewinder (which was broken) and figured out the connector belt was loose, and that's why it wasn't working. Took me two hours with a paper clip to put it back in place.

Wait, I did break my Game Boy once. I took one of my mom's table holder things (can't remember what they're called) and squeezed the screen to see what would happen. In hindsight the answer was rather predictable...

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
wow. that's it?

i'd have to start a blog dedicated to nothing but this subject in order to begin to name the ways in which i've *ahem* improved the world.

proximo

what the hell does stealing and destroying other's things 'just for the hell of it' have to do with being any type? sounds like a different kind of personality issue.

Yeah... it crosses over though doesn't it, when a person is destroying other people's stuff - WITH purpose/intent to learn/discover, but WITHOUT permission or any intention to compensate them if/when things go wrong.

That's when it's just a brat, who's been deluded by overly-indulgent parents into thinking they're so "creative" and brilliant that it's "fair" that they just can't help breaking other people's stuff. Those other people are supposed, I expect, to just laugh and say "Oh Fred, you're so funny, breaking our shit all the time with your amazingly creative, curious urges!"

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah... it crosses over though doesn't it, when a person is destroying other people's stuff - WITH purpose/intent to learn/discover, but WITHOUT permission or any intention to compensate them if/when things go wrong.

That's when it's just a brat, who's been deluded by overly-indulgent parents into thinking they're so "creative" and brilliant that it's "fair" that they just can't help breaking other people's stuff. Those other people are supposed, I expect, to just laugh and say "Oh Fred, you're so funny, breaking our shit all the time with your amazingly creative, curious urges!"

okay, thanks. i just threw up a little.