• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP Text Love... YAY!

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
I texted my INTP friend and said:

"I miss you. Drinks soon!"

And he said:

"Ok"

I am so loved! Yayyyyyy! :cheers:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
We can be so expressive with our love. Text messages between my Dad and I (who is also INTP):

Dad: Wanna meet up at Neros for 15:50?
Me: Ok sure
Dad: See you then

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
ah, simplicity. i find i appreciate so much when i expect so little.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Interesting and convenient thread. :popc1:
Keep it coming.

I'm currently sensing a lack of enthusiasm from my INTP via text/e-mail. It's not dry, just bland and somewhat critical.

It's sometimes hard to imagine that the IRL INTP is the same as the text/e-mail INTP.

He seems better with synchronised communication such as face 2 face and IM.

Is it due to lack of interest in general or is this just the way INTPs communicate through "textcom"?

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
LOL. This is so my INTP brother. I IM'd, "I'm going to scrape together enough money to take a 6 hr flight and come visit you this winter, and bring baby with me, so you can meet. Is that Ok with you?" My SIL said, "YAY!!!! I'm so excited!! You can stay with us, and I'm so excited to show you our city, and...."

But my little brother (with whom I'm close and who actually does like me) said, "Cool." :laugh:

Unique

Smileys, hugs and kisses rubbed off onto me and my text messages from my INFP friend

Now they seem all fluffy ;o

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hate texting, I usually answer with one word to everyone.

If I can't fit the answer in a few words at most, I call back and say my answer. Usually hanging up right away just for the sake of it.

Did I mention I hate texting? :p

My last four sent texts.

"Ok."

"Yes, yes, no."

"k"

"Nice."

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
ah, simplicity. i find i appreciate so much when i expect so little.

I find that I expect what is expected from me. I feel more freedom in the relationship.

I find that I enjoy my friends who can't be offended, because then I feel free to be unoffendable.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Yeah, I'm not to much into texting either. Unless I feel I need time to think about an answer, rather then tell you immediately over the phone.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Keep it coming.

I'm currently sensing a lack of enthusiasm from my INTP via text/e-mail. It's not dry, just bland and somewhat critical.

It's sometimes hard to imagine that the IRL INTP is the same as the text/e-mail INTP.

Is it due to lack of interest in general or is this just the way INTPs communicate through "textcom"?

Hmm. I'm a fairly communicative texter, but that's because my phone has a QWERTY keyboard. If I had to text by pushing a button 3 times to get one letter, all my answers would be one word, if I could help it. I'd get far too irritated.

Also, many times, I'd rather just give the short answer, but I know I'll get another text back saying, "Are you okay?"

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
Also, many times, I'd rather just give the short answer, but I know I'll get another text back saying, "Are you okay?"

haaahha. yeah, i've stopped asking my intps/istps that question over text (cause i figure they think it's annoying). i just assume they are or if they aren't, they'd let me know. in person, it's different of course.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
hey guys, ever tried testing your friend a question with a really big answer... like who is god? Or what do you want d you think is the root of thought....?

LOL

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
hey guys, ever tried testing your friend a question with a really big answer... like who is god? Or what do you want d you think is the root of thought....?

LOL

hmm. i feel like that's something i've done before. probably received nothing back though. when i text that stuff to istjs, they definitely don't respond. i send istj roommate like 5 emails a day that he never responds to cause he doesn't understand them.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
"i send istj roommate like 5 emails a day that he never responds to cause he doesn't understand them. "

Some peope dont' understand the need to communicate

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Heh.

After an INTP replies with "K" or some such, you should reply back with "TL;DR". :D

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Keep it coming.

I try to make texting more exciting and humorous to at least simulate the greater form of communication that is voice or face to face conversation. I don't much like the texting revolution, I entered into it begrudgingly...

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't text. I don't.

And I don't give anybody my phone number.

StoryToTell

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w4
I get so irritated when people send me short texts. This is why text conversations with my INTJ friend are so great: we both write essays and will often send "correction texts" if we noticed a grammatical/spelling error in our own previous text.
But he's really the only person I text (and don't get annoyed with. Even friends that I love become tiresome to answer in text form).

Curious1

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w5
LOL. This is so my INTP brother. I IM'd, "I'm going to scrape together enough money to take a 6 hr flight and come visit you this winter, and bring baby with me, so you can meet. Is that Ok with you?" My SIL said, "YAY!!!! I'm so excited!! You can stay with us, and I'm so excited to show you our city, and...."

But my little brother (with whom I'm close and who actually does like me) said, "Cool." :laugh:

Haha, that's my lil brother too! He hasn't tested but I'm pretty sure he's INTP, he fits the description and all 100%. Too funny :eek:)