• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs: What were the last crazy ideas you had lately?

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I found myself really wanting to post on the ENFP thread, so I figured I'd make a new one for us :-D

List your crazy ideas...on your mark, get set, go!

-a stacked garden that uses mirrors to reflect the sunlight onto the different layers of beds
-tackling the ensuing water crisis by genetically modifying humans so we no longer need that silly little molecule to survive
-cooling my computer via a series of water-filled pipes rather than using the manufacturer's internal fan
-creating a bunch of rube goldberg machines to feed my dog, water my plants, empty the garbage can, etc., thereby optimizing my leisure time
-a microvaccuum that sucks all the hair out of the pores on a desired area of the body rather than using razors to shave
-maybe there is no gravity keeping our solar system in check but rather all the planets are hanging on strings above baby Jesus's manger...
-a new thread to combat the ENFP crazy ideas

I also had a dream last night where I was an INFJ. Of course I can't really recall the details though...

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Let's go conquer the world! In secret, through sneaky tactics.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I'm an INTP, but I still can have some "ideas."

- make a sailboat out of paper maché. It's cheap, isn't it?
- make a parody about every other post on this forum
- derive an equation to solve a Rubik's cube
- "out of control" and/or people are like cancer; they have a lot of energy and don't respond to outside stimuli. (or, humorously, they reproduce quickly and without end)
- a computer constructed in ternary rather than binary
- the gravitational constant changes, if only gradually
- the world is a x-dimensional hypersphere, possibly 4-D.

If I've realized anything in this post, it's that I need to read up on my general relativity.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
- derive an equation to solve a Rubik's cube
- a computer constructed in ternary rather than binary

I've tried the Rubik's cube one. I've also tried getting the Rubik's cube into a form where I can easily visualise the next move or the options. I've achieved neither successfully, probably because I want them simple enough that they don't require a computer to help me.

I've thought a lot about how to get computers out of binary. Having everything as on/off seems a limitation. Really it is the reason why they seem destined to stay calculating machines rather than thinking machines. With ternary you at least have yes/no/unsure(or don't care), which is a start. After reading an article on deaths caused by calculation errors, I think if registers could go it would be good also. ie. get the potential to have variable bit length numbers, or even just have the numbers calculated using a different system so the 10 most significant bits or something were never corrupted in calculation. You still have the problem whenever a subtraction comes up though because you can have two numbers 20 digits long which vary in their twentieth digit by one. And you can't have unlimited accuracy because things like pi and some sqrts would fill all your memory plus your HDD. The only way I can see it working is if all calculation steps are known before the calculation starts the computer could adapt to make sure there were no danger points where accuracy could be lost.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
An elecric trumpet.

It has a metal rod that pics up the vibrations from the horn and an elecric pickup that transfers those vibrations to a speaker.

Hooking a vibration device up to an amp so that it would play what you played. Attach it to your own body(not like that you perverts) That way if your playing with a band(and playing loud) you could "feel" what your playing and still hear what the rest of the band is playing. Would take some getting used to.

Using the same principle as the vibrating amp but with a light system instead of a vibrator. Creates a perfectly synched, automated light show.

Combine all 3 ideas for best effect.

redsox44344

MBTI Type
ENTP
-Create a suction tube transport that is on a rotating axis from the moon to earth to be able to transport various items to a colony that we will create there.
-Somehow be able to chemically alter my body so that I can "breathe" through my skin, rather than having to deal with only breathing through my mouth and nose.
-Create a time machine to go back in time and save jesus.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Write a baby book on segmentation for work...

Re-engineer a department in order to fix 10 problems (big job though)

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
.Modify a tree so its leaves contain a resource that can be refined into energy. Two things happen: we harvest leaves in the fall (creating jobs to do so), and because people tend to have more of something they needed- but only want- these trees would be planted all over the place. Cleaner air and a solved energy crisis.

.Wireless power (Intel stole my idea).

.Tiles that raise up through magnetics creating a platform for either stairs, elevators, or both.

.A car dealer ship that's very compact- half underground. Think of cars that you can cycle through on a giant upright wheel, like the backs are pointing toward the axis of a ferris wheel. Platforms could be put under the cars, which can be checked out to test drive just by opening the door (you agree that you'll have it back at the dealership within and hour, and you can only drive it in a ten mile radius or the car pulls over like an OnStar system).

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
- Analyze the storytelling-process to make it useful for education, e.g. to explain complicated mathematics with the use of hypnotical patterns and metaphers (while the students don't recognize, what happens)

- Organize a group, which go to a marketplace in a big city and begins smalltalking pedestrians, just to fit every group together until there is a huge mass of people and observe the situation

- Setting the first date with so much girls as possible on the same time and location, just to analyse the reactions (and then try to flee unviolated :D )

indiajones

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Making a special bomb that i can unleash on suburbanites that eliminates their ability to have children while simultaneously painting all there houses different colours so that I can actually tell the difference between them, and growing there trees cus man they could use some shade.

Bowie

MBTI Type
ENTP
- I am gonna re-film Lord of the Rings and only change one scene. When Gimli says, "AND MY AXE" he's gonna pull out a guitar instead of an actual axe and just start shredding

-I will also re-film Star Wars, and Darth Vader's voice will be done in Auto Tune.

also:

Me, going into Home Depot: "I'm gonna make a SHELF!"
Me, going out of Home Depot: "I'm gonna go buy a shelf"

Last edited:

Fluxkom

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
- write a novel about some crazy terrorists who try to have the moon crash onto earth using a gigantic rope to pull it down.

- build a fair and effective loot system for guilds in MMOs to improve overall performance and prevent drama.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
- cartoons featuring MBTI types interacting
- stories featuring MBTI types interacting (including titles like 'The Shadow House' and 'ESTJs Sensotard Moment' (I love to mess with ESTJs, particularly fictional ones))

I'm WAY too much interested in MBTI right now. It started as a tool to understand my novel characters... Now there are 16 Types running around in my head, interfering with my lessons, taking my interest away from my long-running novel project...
Come on, Main, Secondary and Villain! Just knock those types out of my head, okay? You DO want me to complete your story, don't you, Main?

Oh yes. Non-MBTI-related crazy idea:

- an overall theory about magical reasoning (including evil eye, the no-chance hypothesis and others); and a tool to categorize magical worlds.
- a series of short stories featuring a robot as main character, each one in another century.
- a story with a non-ESTJ main character (okay - this is MBTI-related. Still, I had the story idea first and the character is an ENTP.)

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
- I am gonna re-film Lord of the Rings and only change one scene. When Gimli says, "AND MY AXE" he's gonna pull out a guitar instead of an actual axe and just start shredding

LMAO. There's an idea...we need an emoticon that symobolizes "LMAO."

Then he could start trying to use his guitar to chop down trees. Absurdity <3