• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs: What were the last crazy ideas you had lately?

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've made a clock :)
Just bought a very cheap (and ugly) clock, took the working part out of it, attached it to (painted) canvas and added the clock hands.

Now I'm making a very big collage (is that the right word in English? a picture made by cutting and pasting rather than painting) representing a muse giving inspiration to the world...

...Yes, TeTamske, I'm continuing the novel now. :doh:

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Make a more effective lie detector.

Now for those of you who know how a lie detector works youl understand that a large portion(I just avoided making up a statistic I feel proud) of its effectiveness is the fact that the suspect THINKS its some fool proof sceincy device.

A good way to add to this psychological effect the effect of "Oh crap I just told a lie it totally knows!" is to hook the machine up to some sort of loudspeaker or subwoofer and have it play noise in conjunction with the readings from the machine. This makes it even more nerve wracking as each time you tell a lie you hear an increasingly louder base noise.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You'll find out MY ideas when I'm on the cover of Forbes...or in maximum security prison. Depends on which idea I execute first.

*Obligatory legal disclaimer in case Big Brother is watching: I have not broken the law, nor do I intend to.*

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
You'll find out MY ideas when I'm on the cover of Forbes...or in maximum security prison. Depends on which idea I execute first.

*Obligatory legal disclaimer in case Big Brother is watching: I have not broken the law, nor do I intend to.*
Ideas are cheap. If someone steals my idea, I make a thousand more.
And even then, give different people the same idea and the result will be different. I'm not the first one portraying a muse and I will not be the last one. But my muse will be different from the others, just because I'm different.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
You know those Roombas?

roomba500irobot.jpg

Now, you know M-O from WALL·E (2008)?

mowalle.jpg

Well, I've actually thought it "What If?" and thought would be pretty cool to make a real cleaning MO bot. I would totally have that in my home. If I spilled a drink I would want it to come out like the police and find the stain or crumbs.

P.S. This shit isn't good enough and won't work, unless there is a way to rebuild a dynamic motor for it's feet, and use the Roomba technology for the actual cleaning process. I know Roomba gathers the floorplan into's memory bank somehow, I'm just thinking if there's a way to it to "sense" something is dirty the second it happens like in the movie. Maybe, I could use a voice command (nah!) maybe it can register the actual sound effects of crumbs, and liquid hitting the floor, or exactly in the movie, maybe it can have a miniature thermal/uv camera to see what stands out as it patrols... now this is AI talk.

Just an idea. :)

royompiscus

MBTI Type
ENtj
Enneagram
i uh, was thinking that paranoid schizo's might fair better out in nature. They could truly trust nature, and maybe gain insights? Also, been thinking that a psychology class at the local high school would do this community some good, especially a class on personality types, self-actualization, etc. Finding a way to make more NT's :) Recording yourself on soundrecorder and listening to yourself talk to better manage social anxiety.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
All throughout history it seems people have mused about inventing a cleaning robot.

Why are we not there yet? The roomba is a start. How about a dishba or a toiletba? (Ahh, so I guess it's called the DISHWASHER but the where is the machine that scrubs off the wet burrito skidmarks?)

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I get most insane ideas watching anime. Because alot of good stuff happens in anime, especially if you watch what the evil genius do.:devil:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well, I've actually thought it "What If?" and thought would be pretty cool to make a real cleaning MO bot.

If you're intrested I am working on a turf cutting robot for quite some time now ( as often as I got the spare money ).

Here is a blueprint for an engine control you can use with small DC motors:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nt-rationale/10421-your-daily-invention-5.html#post431473

It's working pretty good so far, I now need mechanical parts to build my design for the robot and since they are very expensive on the miniature basis I somewhat got distracted from my project into the new one to build a cnc mill. I am currently working on that, therefore my turf cutting project is put to rest for the moment.

For navigation: if you are intrested the 2 major ways to realize a navigation are, like you said a camera that does recognize colors and the other way is GPS. The colors thing most of the times needs a prepainted path what sucks, nevertheless the camera could be adjusted to identify certain underground. You do then require collision sensors, those are electrical contacts mounted on a spring that conduct voltage when the spring is pressed down and the bot notices a collision. That way you can let it map a room on its own thru trial and error and after an initial phase he will clean the room on a preprogrammed path.

The other thing is GPS. That's the most easiest way to programm it, but its imprecise, cause there is a time lag between sender and receiver (satelitte in orbit). You cant build a turf cutting robot with that if you dont want it to end in the pond.

Therefore there is one more cool thing to do, but it requires a very advanced knowledge of electronics. You build an induction coil field. That means you lay out a square of not to strongly isolated copper wire in your garden. Then you mount a coil on the robot, which will need some Volts. Then you create, by letting a current flow thru the copper wire, an electric field the coil moves in and that way the bot can measure its excat position anytime no matter where he is. With some mathematics you can devise a coordinate system for the bot and set it up with a premapped map so it doesnt go pond diving :D.

I tho havent looked deeper into the induction coil thing yet. The next thing on my list will be the cnc mill, cause I can earn some money with the parts I built with that real quickly.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Not as crazy as most, in fact I think it'd rather work well.

Simple enough concept; take a theremin to start with, great base idea but it kind of... yeah the sound is just wrong. I figure it should be possible to take a sample library, normally used for synths, and set it to essentially play a vocal choir instead of it's whiny high pitched squeal of a sound. Would possibly just need to build something similar to an effects pedal for an electric guitar... or it may be more complex and require building a large rig to attach to a computer, no idea.

Maybe then people would finally start taking the instrument seriously, if it didn't sound like it escaped from a b-rated sci fi movie. (which it's sadly actually been used for those...)

While the instrument's perfect for replicating such a sound convincingly, due to how it's played... I have absolutely no clue how to go about making the adjustments sadly, and don't have the attention span to bother. Maybe someday someone'll read this who does know how and will make use of the idea. But probably not. Oh well.

If only I knew more of the technical details on how to make that work, or wasn't quite so lethargic as to not care XD

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Recently I have this insane idea of one mind sharing multiple bodies. So if one mind dies, the mind will continue to live on in other bodies.

My ideas ususally revolve around how to cheat death. :D

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
EDIT: oops, I thought it was for all NT's, just reread the thread title. Deleted my post accordingle

What a bunch of sectarian bastards. :(

/passive-aggression.

eternal recurrence

MBTI Type
iNfj
teslashock:

-a stacked garden that uses mirrors to reflect the sunlight onto the different layers of beds

would this actually work - do you understand the optics of this. why have i not seen this before?

you guys and your great ideas. i need a box of you and INTP's to open and listen to, and then close... so i can recover

magil

MBTI Type
EXFP
-a microvaccuum that sucks all the hair out of the pores on a desired area of the body rather than using razors to shave
I believe you mean waxing. :D edit: oh sike, waxing is not a vaccum, wtheck was I thinking! :$

This thread is making my day. <3

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
EDIT: oops, I thought it was for all NT's, just reread the thread title. Deleted my post accordingle

What a bunch of sectarian bastards. :(

/passive-aggression.

It was a reaction on the ENFP crazy idea thread... OP thought ENTPs would love to share crazy ideas too.
Maybe we should make a general crazy idea thread, every type allowed to post!

would this actually work - do you understand the optics of this. why have i not seen this before?

you guys and your great ideas. i need a box of you and INTP's to open and listen to, and then close... so i can recover
You can use this thread as your box!

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
A sniper rifle with a built in computer with access to GPS and weather satalites to perfectly calculate a shot.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Maybe we should make a general crazy idea thread, every type allowed to post!

bah you set it up so I'll knock it in.

"I say, I say, I say; That's just a crazy idea."

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I have to develop stuff for work so unlikely to be crazy...

Creating a training video... that folks can download to their phone

Developing a communications structure that will get the workforce thinking about how they impact customers

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
All right, this has been bothering me for a while. Can the title of the thread be changed, omitting either 'lately' or 'last' from it?