• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] how do you deal with

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
things that you feel very strongly you need to rationalize, but theyr just too hard(or impossible) to rationalize in the situation that you are in and you cant change the situation?

Before saying that you can rationalize everything, coinsider that you just might not have gotten yourself into this kind of situation.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
It depends on what end result is needed. If it's not something that will affect me personally, I force myself not to think about it anymore. If it's something that I need in order to move forward, I will enlist the help of people that I really respect.

Bowie

MBTI Type
ENTP
I agree with what jenocyde said. It can be extremely hard to make sense of something that directly involves you, and people with an uninvolved/outside perspective can usually give good insight. (If you ask the right people ;))

Also, if the situation absolutely can't be changed, I'd probably let it go anyway and move on to something else.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Generally the only things I can't rationalize are other peoples (read F's) motivations and choices. If these things affect me it is very difficult for me to face it. They are the only times when I can become passive aggressive.

It depends on what end result is needed. If it's not something that will affect me personally, I force myself not to think about it anymore. If it's something that I need in order to move forward, I will enlist the help of people that I really respect.

Yeah, same here.