• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ATTN NTs: how do YOU feel about partying/clubbing/raving and recreational drug-taking

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I cannot "dance". Whatsoever. It ain't pretty. I party, club and rave, but I'm not one of those people who actually can break moves. I'd fracture my hair.

A. Zhang

MBTI Type
ENTJ
When it comes to partying and my busy school life, one rule: planner supercedes all.

As long as the guy who's inviting me tells me a week ahead of time, I'm game.

As for drugs and alcohol, just a flat-out no. Personal enjoyment, in my mind, never overrides long-term benefit.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Opinion.

A great way of advertising you can't cope.

Fan.of.Devin

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Parties bore me to death, and I'm not really a fan of social drug use.
No problem with recreational drug use, just prefer to do it alone or with extremely close friends.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm very interested to know what other NTs make of going out and dancing to loud music in any atmosphere, and/or taking/experimenting with recreational drugs in any environment. What are you opinions on these matters?

I've no problem with others doing these things but they're not for me. I don't like dancing and like my music at a moderate volume. The music they play in clubs is too loud for my taste.

I admit I'm kind of curious about recreational drugs but I'm afraid of what unwanted physical effects they may have on me. Therefore, I don't take them.

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Not a fan of partying or dancing, in general. No problem with the drug-taking, although it's not something I often partake in myself.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
I LOVE dancing. Not with men or whatever, just by myself. I love going to a small, local band playing a gig and dance my head off. That's a good time!

As for drugs, I've experimented across the board out of curiosity and have ultimately decided that it ain't for me (not even alcohol). I just don't like losing control of my wit or any of my inner workings. Warping the thread that holds me together is an intensely unpleasant experience. I also found that many of the sensations I have experienced in mind-altered states are ones I could easily recreate in a sober mindset. All that drugs seem to do is make me paranoid and wigged out.

The world is FAR more interesting when I'm sober...and I like to think that I'm far more interesting to the world. :)

ScorpioINTP

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6-5
I've never tried any drugs and never really had the desire. I can take or leave drinking. I don't do it to get fucked up either. Just a social thing mostly. A case of beer in my fridge lasts almost a year. I rarely drink alone.

I think drugs should be legalized though. Its an incredible waste of resources policing this crap and makes the prices artificially high and you know all the social problems that causes.

That said....I find weed intriguing, if not for having to be drug tested for work...but I couldn't smoke it...I'd have to eat brownies or vaporized if I ever did try it. I'm somewhat afraid I might like it and I don't want to open that door. I hate not being able to related to peoples pot stories though. As if I'm not already and outsider being INTP.

I saw a documentary about LDS and how they created a psyllosybin (SP?) strain that had a larger molecular structure that would give you the positive effects of LSD, without the bad side effects of hallucinations and stuff like that. They used it to treat terminally ill patients in a limited study with success. It seems like a great drug to use to open your mind creatively, spiritually and enhances your awareness and sorta slows things down..makes you see life in more frames per second was the analogy. That intrigued me, but I would only do it in a controlled environment.

The idea of taking drugs and being out of control or unaware scares the crap out of me.

I hate dancing (in public to the crap music they play at clubs). I'm too old to rave, but doubt its my thing anyway. I never fit in at clubs. I'd rather chill at a bar and converse one on one or watch a good band play live. I also detest paying cover charges and velvet rope scenes...no thanks.

eccles9v11

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I used to love it and the attention it brought me. I could get parties started anywhere, make people laugh. I had a ball. I was told when I left the scene it was strange. The party stopped and everyone dispersed and faded away into separate lives. I got admit it was an amazing time, atleast I lived life to the full. Eventually it got the better of me, I realised I had gone as far as I could without loosing total sanity and had to stop.. I had to give up my obsessive behaviour with drugs and alcohol, went cold turkey, hallucinated a bit and enjoyed the mind warp sobriety offered. Today I've been sober 21 years. After working on my own psychology a subject I enjoy I found I can live a drug free life. A lady offered me a drink recently and I said "No thanks I've earned the right to feel good" She got what I meant and cheered me on. (Most people love my optimism and thrive on it, but don't get how to apply it to their own life). They rather wallow in self pity and wait for someone to pick them up rather than enjoy the challenge to grow spiritually. Mind you thsats where I come in so there is always someone to work on. An ENTJ concept: Fast track to the future(end result where you see yourself healled) Bring back the victory and the joy that is there and live it today! Laugh at the pitifal attempt of those who tried to bring you down and when ready...Thank them for the life changing experience! Someone recently talked to me about burn out...My response: I don't burnout I just burn Brighter! From one ENTJ to another...Everyone loves and laughs and cheers me on when I make statements with heroic overtones, but won't speak it out themselves even when they know if they do they can have it.

uncommonentity

I consider the human body at birth to be a pure pool of water give or take a few drops of poison here and there. I've known people who've suffered severe/permanent side effects from chemical allergies and such and don't think I could ever forgive myself for accidentally yet permanently wrecking my physical or mental psyche. I've nothing against recreational drug taking and believe people should be free to experiment as they see fit aslong as they don't start killing others or raping babies under the influence of course but I still think it has a snowball effect in regards to being passed down through generational DNA and what-not and don't really want to be the person responsible for fucking up either mine or my kin's 'pool'.

I've known an awful lot of hardcore drug users/addicts and they've all told me to stay away from them. I think people should have the freedom to choose to do as they wish as there are plenty intelligent drug users out there who are well aware of the risks and still go hard and enjoy themselves. Taking drugs is similar to playing the lottery. You can spend a a good percentage of your life buying tickets and never winning but once you win your life is changed forever. Especially if you develop a physical ailment or allergy. I think the only way to play it safe is if you either manufacture everything yourself or obtain it from a reputable, trustworthy source. So be sure to get your meth from grandma cause she'll never be out to kill you you for a swift buck.

goats

MBTI Type
INTP
I like going to clubs. yes.:shocking:
i go outside and have a social life despite being an INTP. I like parties too, some what.

i've never been to a rave and am not interested in going.

i've never done drugs. unless you count pot? that's not really a drug here in canada.
I'm kind of scared of doing drugs.

Trunks

I'm not Trunks
I don't like it, the only party I've been before are birthday's party, friend's wedding, family gathering and CNY.
No drug involved, plus I didn't like clubs.

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
I have never done any drugs. I always liked my brain the way it was and figured I was weird enough already. Never mind I would have an insanely difficult time trusting that the chemical was even what was advertised, and "did you make that in a hygienic fashion?" "Was that pot grown with chemicals?" Ha!
I have been to dance venues and it was ok. I like how the music fights with my heart beat, it's a crazy feeling. I enjoy zoning out in repetitive movements. I do not enjoy being "accidently" felt up. Makes me want to punch the offender. Have little desire to deal with the downsides now.

COLORATURA

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Honestly, as a child, I couldn't understand the POINT in even taking drugs. The bad always outweighed the good in my opinion at that point. I went through a phase where my grandmother died, and I was very stressed, and all my friends & boyfriend smoked pot. I decided at that point to try pot, and smoked pot on a regular basis until I felt less stress again. I have continued on that same routine in my life. When I get stressed, pot seems to be the best de-stresser, and from everything I have researched, it isn't really a "drug." It is a plant, and in Katt Williams' words, if you so happen to set it on fire, there are some effects. It cannot ever kill you; but if you take a whole bunch of aspirins, it will be your last headache.

I hate for the government to tell me what is best for my body. How can an objective entity know what is best for all of us individually?? I can't understand how alcohol & cigarettes are legal, but not marijuana...a plant! :shock:

Anyhow, I have, more recently tried LSD & shrooms. My ENFJ boyfriend had done these both many, many times, and highly recommended it for "opening my mind." Well, that sounded pretty appealing, so I tried, and really like LSD. It will bring a lot of deep down thoughts to the front of your mind, and give you more understanding (if you allow). However, I have always felt that being alone with my own thoughts have given me the same effect. I did not like mushrooms at all, though! They either just made me feel really high, or gave me a VERY bad trip. Long story, though.

Anyhow, I think it is just an individual choice. :yes::yes:

COLORATURA

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Oh, and I don't like doing any sort of drugs around anyone, unless I know them VERY well. I can't dance, and usually don't bother trying.

The drugs that I have taken, I know where they came from...

Maxcool131

MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
I'm very interested to know what other NTs make of going out and dancing to loud music in any atmosphere, and/or taking/experimenting with recreational drugs in any environment. What are you opinions on these matters?

More in the last few months than before, I've seen myself becoming involved in these kind of activities more extensively (although I've indulged in them for quite a few years). My first thoughts were that this was impossible for an ENTJ, and I must be an ESTP or something. Then I realised that this was a stupid train of thought, and that any type can engage in this sort of behaviour. (Plus, due to the NT's highly analytical nature, I doubt I'd be thinking in this way and posting here about this if I weren't an NT.) Then it struck me that there might be a kind of general trend amongst NTs and this behaviour... or there might not be. This is why I'm posting this thread; to find out what you guys make of these attitudes to life (because as well as being activities, I think they entail a lot more than just involving yourself in certain behaviour. For many (although I'm not sure it is for me), these kinds of things can be life-changing, especially drugs).
I think for intxs and etnxs this a totally different question because etnxs care about there social lives and people and what not and recreational drug could improve or make it worse and clubbing and raving is something I think alot of extroverts are ok with but for Intxs I think atleast in my opinion couldnt give a shit about people caring about them doing drugs and do it for the feeling and pleasure and because we are Introverts thats the part mostly effected by drugs so it is very fun for us (I wouldnt know :p......) also for clubbing I think it depends on the person I mean if a girl I was very much interested in asked me to come I might but probably no for any other time.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
I think dance parties can be fun if I know at least some of the people there. Regular college parties, though, aren't really my cup of tea.

Drugs scare the hell out of me, and I don't foresee myself drinking much alcohol any time soon.

Mike5609

MBTI Type
INTP
About seven years ago I started going to fetish clubs. Here In London there is a wide variety of them. For several years, I found it to be a very liberating experience, a feeling that I was quite free to express myself in what I wore - neither complying with normal societal expectations, nor reacting against such expectations. For a year or so now, the energy seems to have gone out of it - it's perhaps that, knowing it's there any time for me, the need actually to go there and check it out doesn't become energised. A bit like Buckingham Palace perhaps, for a Londoner ;)