• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ATTN NTs: how do YOU feel about partying/clubbing/raving and recreational drug-taking

realmsghzx

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
ENTP
I experimented with pretty much every single drug that exists all through high school. I smoke weed habitually, I drink habitually, and occasionally take painkillers, shrooms, LSD, and E. I tried everything because I felt like I needed to feel these other perceptions of reality. Everyone says these drugs are bad, so how come almost all of these revered, "great," artists, musicians, and writers are such addicts? I felt like I needed to try them. Also, I feel like there's really no reason not to. You only live once.

After trying all of them, I feel like it's absolutely necessary for people to take shrooms or LSD at least a few times in their life. And if they can find some good MDMA, that also. The viewpoints and modes of thinking presented while on these drugs is astounding. To leave reality, to have symphonies play in your head, and to have an innermost introspection are just a few things that these drugs present. The last time I took LSD, I was seeing everything that existed: ideas, feelings, people, things, and the interactions between them represented as infinite cogs all turning each other. It was pretty cool.

As far as dance parties, FUCK YEAH! Nothing rules more than dancing, or playing music to get people to dance. I don't think I would feel this way if I never took E. It completely erased almost every social inhibition that I have.

I am not the best dancer, but I love completely letting go, and being so FOCUSED. It's only through playing music, spinning records, or dancing in a crowded environment that I feel like I'm the king of the universe. It feels so good to interact with music. It's so rare that I can completely keep concentrated on a situation, but when I'm at a club that's playing dance music that I like, and that shit is pounding, and everyone's getting down, laughing, dancing with each other, improvising and being free, and there's a high chance that I will get laid, how can I not like it? The feeling cannot be duplicated.

I can say though, that coke, speed, PCP, Xanax, and strong painkillers are simply not good, for differing multiple reasons for each one.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
I like dancing while clubbing which I did alot while i was in Japan. As for drugs, i'll try anything once out of curiousity. Although, I won't take anything hardcore like coke, heroine, etc. I smoked weed once and it's not really anything special so i'm not doing it again. Like the person above me, i like to experience different perspective of reality. I drink alcohol occasionally, but since alcohol is a downer i don't really like it. My take is if i try something and I get addicted, it's just another challenge to overcome and i get stronger in the process. However, if can't overcome the ordeal...well i only have myself to blame for playing with fire.

realmsghzx

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
ENTP
My take is if i try something and I get addicted, it's just another challenge to overcome and i get stronger in the process. However, if can't overcome the ordeal...well i only have myself to blame for playing with fire.

Yeah, that's pretty close! All the drugs I did in high school felt like the biggest challenges I could take.

Son of the Damned

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I love both with a passion. Generally speaking, I prefer raving over clubbing, just because the most commonly used substances are different, thus promoting a different sort of experience.

I'm a recreational drug user, and quite happy with that. I consume various substances, though not every substance, all the time. I try to vary in my consumption habits. As a general rule, Knowledge and planning are good things to practise when messing with your mind.

and Raves are amazing, btw.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
not my scene but I think many of the people who I know who do it are NT's, especially ENTJ's. Personally though I think my brain is all I've got and I'm pretty scared of losing it before time, so I don't touch pills, but I know a lot of NT's who are big into that.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll take anything except for hardcore stuff (injections). Won't be addicted. I'd certainly like to know what EXACTLY I'm going to take though, none of that "try this out man, it's a special recipe"-thing.
My attitude towards parties is pretty ambivalent. They're nice once in a while but I won't cry on my pillow if I don't go clubbing for days (weeks, even).
I tend to enjoy time spent by myself.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm not a party animal, and never was

Perfered pubs and booze, which I did do a lot of in my formative years... I would get dragged to clubs bit always loathed it but occationally got into the vibe

Perfered to socalise in smaller groups (but stil went out with freidns).

Nor really done much in the way of drugs, I don't drink much these days either.

I'm boaring these days, I'm thinking of taking up promiscuity just to give myself a bad habit

milkyway2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
?
I like partyin, loud music, dancin every once in a while. Drugs are great, I smoke weed all the time and I love some acid every now and then. I don't go out much though, but I do like to sometimes.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I'm boaring these days, I'm thinking of taking up promiscuity just to give myself a bad habit

I'm in London too, and was thinking of takign up the same habit...when do you feel like starting? :p

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
Tried weed when I was younger, could take it or leave it. Never saw the big deal one way or another about it. I drank frequently (socially) for quite a long time. I like bars and clubs.

And nothing else really. Drugs seem pointless to me. I don't want to lose control of myself or surroundings and the risks seem way to high for addictions and general health issues. No thanks. And for some reason I'm a little surprised to see how many NT's are into it :blink:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I got kind of into the party scene in high school and parts of college. I think a lot of this was because I was also in the stoner/drug/drinking scene and they integrated with each other all the time. I enjoyed a lot of it too. People can be quite bearable when you're completely fucked up. Clubbing, hell no. Raving, never got into it, but MDMA is awesome.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I drink socially usually at bars and clubs, but I never have taken drugs, not my thing.

I'm down for any type of party though. :)

tedboles

MBTI Type
ENtP
I think most drugs are overrated. I have done them all and been addicted to a few of the really nasty ones.

They provide some pretty intense experiences and can help you think about things in a different way then you normally would but I think that people tend to put to much stock in the importance of that.

I'll take a puff of MJ from time to time and I certainly enjoy a drink or two but no more drugs for me.

As to weather or not my NT side helped enable me to seek out experiences..... makes sense. Especially being the eternally curious and visceral person that I am.

Drugs are bad, mmkay

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm very interested to know what other NTs make of going out and dancing to loud music in any atmosphere, and/or taking/experimenting with recreational drugs in any environment. What are you opinions on these matters?

FUN! Except the drugs...:headphne:

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
lol i never enjoy these things because i still never get totally out of my own head:sad:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm too square these days to take drugs and go dancing, but in an another life it would be nice to let loose at a rave. I do it vicariously when I listen to music.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
lol i never enjoy these things because i still never get totally out of my own head:sad:

The worst part about these things is that they drive me into my head even more, when they should do the opposite.