• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ATTN NTs: how do YOU feel about partying/clubbing/raving and recreational drug-taking

Permabanned
Clubs: been there, done that, boring.
Raving: more intense variation of clubs, idem.
Drugs: generally never felt the need to do drugs, I may drink socially. Tried weed with a group of friends casually once and it did nothing for me except a strange smell coming from inside my lungs the next day after a shower.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If the group or person feels right, I really enjoy dancing. It lets you cut loose and I love it.

No drugs. Already silly enough and don't need those.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm not really into "clubbing". It's just not my type of crowd. I do like going out though. Usually to small concerts and dive bars. I like going to friend's house parties and I love dancing. I like getting politely drunk every 2 or 3 months. I really like smoking weed but I don't really do it ever. It's too much trouble in my opinion to buy it or the paraphernalia and I'm too paranoid to have any on me. If it ever becomes legal though I'd definitely prefer it to alcohol. I've never tried any other drugs. I'm curious about mushrooms but things like cocaine, heroin, LSD and anything man made seem too obviously dangerous to me.

I don't think there is anything mystical or life changing about drugs.

S

Society

i had a clubbing period in my teens, it went boring pretty fast.

raves / "nature parties", not so much. it feels to me like some weird extrovert/introvert hybrid state where everybody is stuck deep in their own little world, and there's little to no communication... i've never met someone i liked in those, never felt like i made a connection in those, or any really positive association...

i indulge in weed from time to time, but i make sure to have weeks and sometimes months in between, i had a period of doing it daily shortly after the army, and i just don't really feel like going back to that place of making it into a lifestyle choice. this may change during exam period.
alcohol, i drink both socially and alone (well, with my room mate... alone-ish). i have lately made a habit of a cold beer when i finish a day of work+studying. as for as actually getting drunk, rarely, i do not think i am currently the right emotional place to be able to enjoy it.

basically i suppose these days i've come to prefer all my sins in moderation :p

W

WhoCares

Clubs? Oh you mean those dark, sweaty hell holes where you suffer permanent hearing loss while swilling alcohol and popping pills. Yeah I did the club scene and it wore off real fast as being a boring and tiring exercise. I also happen to like daylight so needing to crash all day to recover annoyed me too.

I have hard time understanding why someone wants to alter their mind with drugs. I like my mind just the way it is and I hate the feeling of being physically off the beam. So I guess that was a scene I was never meant for.

Clubbing is overstimulation and I'm a zen kind of person so it's a natural mismatch for me.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Love dancing, doesn't matter where it is, or what kind of music it's to. I love it all...from hardcore shows with moshing, to house music in clubs, or line dancing in a country bar lol...drugs are pretty much the complete opposite... i may drink once in a while but that's it....I think i get all the expression i need to get out with music and dancing...don't wanna mess my body/brain up...or it could just be fear...either one...dancing brings out enough Se to re-energize me though

scriabin221

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I used to love clubbing in my own strange way. I never was quite into dancing, but I used to love to go out and chain smoke and do a bit of drinking. I liked to separate from the group and just take in the sights and sounds of it all, and people watch. If I had enough liquor, I might talk to someone, but not too much. Maybe get forced to dance. Nowadays, I don't smoke anymore, so I just can't do it. I don't trust myself to go and not relapse.

As for drugs, I've done a bunch of drugs. Now I just smoke a bit of pot (though I'm looking into vaporizing) and have a few drinks every now and then.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ATTN NTs: how do YOU feel about partying/clubbing/raving and recreational drug-taking
Hate them all, and tend not to like people who like those.

Avik

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
LII
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm very interested to know what other NTs make of going out and dancing to loud music in any atmosphere, and/or taking/experimenting with recreational drugs in any environment. What are you opinions on these matters?

More in the last few months than before, I've seen myself becoming involved in these kind of activities more extensively (although I've indulged in them for quite a few years). My first thoughts were that this was impossible for an ENTJ, and I must be an ESTP or something. Then I realised that this was a stupid train of thought, and that any type can engage in this sort of behaviour. (Plus, due to the NT's highly analytical nature, I doubt I'd be thinking in this way and posting here about this if I weren't an NT.) Then it struck me that there might be a kind of general trend amongst NTs and this behaviour... or there might not be. This is why I'm posting this thread; to find out what you guys make of these attitudes to life (because as well as being activities, I think they entail a lot more than just involving yourself in certain behaviour. For many (although I'm not sure it is for me), these kinds of things can be life-changing, especially drugs).
I went through a Marijuana phase two years ago, to try things out before I form any opinions. The result: I'd prefer to be in control of my senses. However, I do enjoy the occasional beer :yays:, while I don't see the purpose of parties.

chalky_lemon

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
I'm in college now, so most parties I go to involve drunk people standing around or dancing on the wall with loud music blaring. I tried to convince myself that this shit was really fun, but I'm really getting sick of it. I can't hear people talk because of the music, and it's just not a fun environment for me especially if I'm sober. It's the same old shit - get drunk, grab some ho, start grinding. Also, it makes me socially anxious. I just feel awkward in these types of environments, like I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

Music festivals on the other hand - that's my shit. There are so many weird and different people, things, and places to go. There's so much cool shit to see if you just walk around. You can just go exploring, buy some artifacts from the hippie tents, and go discover some new music. On top of that - you can buy like any drug you want!

At festivals a lot of my friends to ecstasy, but I've done it before and I think it's a waste of money. It worked really well the first time I took it, but hasn't been the same since. Obviously smoking weed makes music sound better. Last festival I was at I was just drinking beers all day - this I enjoy the most. Except if you get too drunk you don't remember much about any of the shows you saw. Never done hallucinogens - I'm too afraid.

Folderol

MBTI Type
INTP
I haven't gone to any parties or clubbing, just because I don't know what I am supposed to do or say or how to mingle. That would be an epic social failure!

Drugs, I don't touch them. I don't like the idea of altering my senses and letting my guard down, nor do I like not having full confidence in what I am putting in my body. If I were to do illegal drugs, I'd need to know when it was made, who made it, and have a third party objectively test the substance to make sure there is no monkey business going on (it's really supposed to be ecstasy, but in reality it's something else... or it's a tiny bit padded with a bunch of filler). Even then I would still be nervous to take it, unsure of what will ensue. I don't want to do something I can't take back, a loss of memory, or a scary bad and I am the kind of person who would probably cause that to happen due to worrying. So it's best to just not even bother altogether.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I enjoy going to bars pretty damn often. I like going to clubs too, but it's hard to find a club in my area that's not thugged out. Come on, I'm not going to go to a place where I'm gonna get killed, am I? I used to enjoy pot, but I don't smoke it anymore because I'm in college and I can't focus on it.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm very interested to know what other NTs make of going out and dancing to loud music in any atmosphere, and/or taking/experimenting with recreational drugs in any environment. What are you opinions on these matters?

More in the last few months than before, I've seen myself becoming involved in these kind of activities more extensively (although I've indulged in them for quite a few years). My first thoughts were that this was impossible for an ENTJ, and I must be an ESTP or something. Then I realised that this was a stupid train of thought, and that any type can engage in this sort of behaviour. (Plus, due to the NT's highly analytical nature, I doubt I'd be thinking in this way and posting here about this if I weren't an NT.) Then it struck me that there might be a kind of general trend amongst NTs and this behaviour... or there might not be. This is why I'm posting this thread; to find out what you guys make of these attitudes to life (because as well as being activities, I think they entail a lot more than just involving yourself in certain behaviour. For many (although I'm not sure it is for me), these kinds of things can be life-changing, especially drugs).

I view them as foolish, but I wouldn't JUDGE somebody for trying them...

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hate them all, and tend not to like people who like those.

I tried to be open-minded about it, and then I realized that all the people who do that kind of thing really are judging me, and that's when I decided to say "fuck it" and judge them right back.

In short, open-mindedness blows.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
i like them. maybe it's very un-NT like, but I guess I'm a mix and hate rigidity in character. humans are complex after all.

My NT ness only extends to intellectual curiosity, reasoning, and pondering things, but I like to party hard when I can (which is every week, and hang out).

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
I enjoy going to bars pretty damn often. I like going to clubs too, but it's hard to find a club in my area that's not thugged out. Come on, I'm not going to go to a place where I'm gonna get killed, am I? I used to enjoy pot, but I don't smoke it anymore because I'm in college and I can't focus on it.

hehehehe...

It figues now. haha..

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Never was a big bar hopper. If I'm in the dating stage with someone and they want to go, I'll go and probably have fun, but it would never become a habit, and if it's something they plan on doing regularly then I'd no doubt dump them and move on to someone else more like me. Just not something I seek out. As for drugs, I experimented when younger to find out for myself what the fuss was about with different ones, but never liked them enough to make them a habit either.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Whenever I go to a bar, I'd just like to get drunque in peace, without anyone disturbing me with their boring life story (sometimes even too boring when the listener is drunque) told in drunquen slurring or potentially throwing up in my lap. There cannot possibly be anything in this world worth the time than to put up with that shit. Never really partied or went clubbing before. I'd rather just play my video games and watch/go to the movies. Although I do think video games should be considered a recreational drug, so to answer (part of) your question, yeah I do like recreational drugs.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Of the peers I associate with the drug users/abusers are almost exclusively INTs (though this may speak more of my social ideals than anything). I know an INTP who researched and experimented at length with psychedelics and an INTJ who developed a coke habit and binge drinks regularly. As an INTJ leaning more toward psychedelics than stimulants and depressants, I feel uncomfortable drawing any clear connections between type and psychoactive inclination/disinclination. While most psychotropics do hamper clarity of thought, that often seems to be the goal--boosting serotonin and dopamine and oftentimes lowering acetylcholine as a means of escaping one's nature and immersing oneself in the lucidity of the moment (thinking cannabis primarily, alcohol minus lucidity).

Personally I go to great lengths to avoid gatherings with more than three other people (I'm quirky, don't ask) unless I'm barreling toward drunken bliss, and even then I stand out as the most reclusive in the room. I avoid clubs and bars, for the most part, and really don't enjoy dancing at raves unless I'm wreaking havoc on my serotonin receptors. To be fair, though, there wasn't a hint of indecision in my introversion/extraversion portion of the test--I routinely test 100% I.