• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Which type gives you more cause to be afraid: the ENTJ or the INFJ

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
spamtar-I can agree with you to an extent, especially if we're talking about intuitive individuals who have yet to mature, yeah? I've found that as many INFJs age, they tend to check their intuitive hunches against data, and then run it through a proven framework before making a big assumption.

I think the idea of intuition as a placeholder for logic is a bit of an incomplete argument, as the two can often work really well together. They're not mutually exclusive, and they aren't one in the same. My intuition might tell me where to look, but my knowledge/data/logic absolutely informs the conclusions that I draw from what I see. While I agree that flying blind on intuition can get a person in trouble, I hardly see intuition as a fledgling version of logic, but rather different tool entirely.

ETA: I suppose it's possible, though, that emotional intuition feels and works a lot differently than intuitive thinking, and therein lies the discrepancy. Emotional "data" is very difficult to come up with and prove, even for a person describing their own emotions, in contrast to things you can actually measure and observe in a straightforward manner. KWIM?

I'm always open to considering an opposing viewpoint.:)

Really I hate to toss a debate but whether it was because I was not clear enough or whatever the case may be, we are substantively of the same mind; at least on the intuition process and this relationship with data gathering.
The only point I could add would be to say that after being exposed yourself to massive amounts of data on point intuition can be very reliable as both in and of itself as well as being incorporated into an unsorted logic data pool(s) floating within your mind.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I'm giggling at the mental pic of unsorted, floating mind-data pools, and cringing at how messy that sounds. But I hear you, and basically agree. :yes:

[/thread hijack]

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Now that you mention it what can be terrifying is sharing a home with an intj (EDIT: typo I ment infj) and having her come back seeing it in a total mess. This both with infjs as well as isfjs is terrifying...especially to laid back [translation: sloppy/messy] intps.

Last edited:

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Now that you mention it what can be terrifying is sharing a home with an intj and having her come back seeing it in a total mess. This both with infjs as well as isfjs is terrifying...especially to laid back [translation: sloppy/messy] intps.

My INTJ is actually a HUGE slob, but I think that's more a product of ADD for him. But, yeah...that's totally true. :blush: I feel like a total monster on rampage whenever there's chaos in my visual field. :blush:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Everyone knows that all ENTJs roll Paladins, and all INFJs roll Priests.

Take my +1 dagger.
If the second were true then I would finally be able to type my son as an ENTJ, thus solving a great mystery. Unfortunately, my main is a Druid.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If the second were true then I would finally be able to type my son as an ENTJ, thus solving a great mystery. Unfortunately, my main is a Druid.

I have yet to find an NF who hasn't rolled a Druid...

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well this is the ol' tom riddle 8w7 sx/sp maverick crazy bald-headed foucualt grin entj lord voldemort vs wise and zen-centered yet still brash and cocky in his youth 5w4 mystic counselor infj albus dumbledore, no?

infjs also have trick mirrors that show you the real you (but in the worst of ways and only if you're lord voldemort/a death eater).

another entj- ben linus from lost. or the jew hunter in the latest tarantino flick. you people needa calm down (at least in the movies).

relentless

MBTI Type
entj
Enneagram
it seems to me if any type is scary it is the entp!!
entjs and infjs are both rational, often you can reason with them and understand their goals.
ntps are often impossable to understand, take the joker for instance,
he is nothing to lose. his motivation is only an abstract set of princibles so screwed up sometimes the entp himself cant understand them. and a desparet need to be loved.
if we fear that which is unknown then the entp is a monseter.
they combine the clever manipulation and subuectivity of the infj (Fi) with the dispationat reasoning of the entj (nt).
I know one entp for instance who is an honest to god white supreamest!

here are some villins for comparison
entj: cartman
infj: jigsaw
entp: joker, (also an exelent example of a deranged entp is in the novle "in the lake of the woods" by tim o'brian)

not saying entps are bad just that they have a higher capasity for evil than us entjs and infjs:devil:

(ps. i often find intps can be even scarier)

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
After having thought about this some more. I'd go with the ENTJ.

Facing an ENTJ alone is possible.

But you don't face an ENTJ alone, you have to lay waste to all his minions, make it to the top of his tower, and still have enough left over to take him out.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
INFJs turn me on. ENTJs scare me with their relentless drive sometimes.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Definitely INFJs. ENTJs are just much more obvious, there's no uncertainty factor.

What I fear most is if the two ever decided to join forces.

Too late..

Adolf Hitler and Heinrich Himmler.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
An INFJ though - those innocent little bards get too close to confort. Their slippery little daggers beneath their robes come out easily but unpredictably and are guided with sure aim by their all knowing eyes. When they stab, they dig hard at your weakest spot, but the worst part is they've charmed you so, you can't even hurt them in retaliation. Their songs are able to break your spells over people, leaving you utterly defenseless, unless you stay far far away. Oh but the allure...
I have to wonder if life would be easier if people believed this. Then they would either stay away or be afraid enough to not try to cross the line. Leave the scary person alone. Bye-bye :hi:

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
Fear INFJs who have learned to be ambitious, strong, and selfish. We will destroy your mind.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
What I fear most is if the two ever decided to join forces.

A good cause to worry for. My mentor is a very successful ENTJ and I am a very ambitious INFJ.

Case in point, we just went out a few weeks ago with a big ass auger drill and tree poison and we poisoned like 15 giant oak trees that adjoined my mentors property that were on his neighbors lands. He refused to trim them back, so we took matters into our own hands come this spring they will be on the ground dead. muahaha. We dont care about the means, just the ends. >:)