• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Which type gives you more cause to be afraid: the ENTJ or the INFJ

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
A good cause to worry for. My mentor is a very successful ENTJ and I am a very ambitious INFJ.

Case in point, we just went out a few weeks ago with a big ass auger drill and tree poison and we poisoned like 15 giant oak trees that adjoined my mentors property that were on his neighbors lands. He refused to trim them back, so we took matters into our own hands come this spring they will be on the ground dead. muahaha. We dont care about the means, just the ends. >:)

Hope the guy doesn't litigate.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
it seems to me if any type is scary it is the entp!!
entjs and infjs are both rational, often you can reason with them and understand their goals.
ntps are often impossable to understand, take the joker for instance,
he is nothing to lose. his motivation is only an abstract set of princibles so screwed up sometimes the entp himself cant understand them. and a desparet need to be loved.
if we fear that which is unknown then the entp is a monseter.
they combine the clever manipulation and subuectivity of the infj (Fi) with the dispationat reasoning of the entj (nt).
I know one entp for instance who is an honest to god white supreamest!

here are some villins for comparison
entj: cartman
infj: jigsaw
entp: joker, (also an exelent example of a deranged entp is in the novle "in the lake of the woods" by tim o'brian)

not saying entps are bad just that they have a higher capasity for evil than us entjs and infjs:devil:

(ps. i often find intps can be even scarier)

You consider Eric Cartman a villian? :huh:

I think almost any type can be scary if they're psychotic enough and in a position of power.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
Hope the guy doesn't litigate.

He will never know, we went deep into the base near the roots, its impossible to see, he will just thing they were blighted. hahaha besides I was already down there telling him about how the American chestnut tree that is native to New England has been blighted since the 1800s and will never grow to full size anymore. He has that seed in his mind already and we made sure that we didn't poison a straight line of his trees, we made it look more like a naturally occurring blight. The best part is that when they come down I will go over and offer to cut and split the dead wood for him at no charge of course, if we can split the lumber afterwards. hahaha I already know he will agree, he is too easy to read. So we cleared off the trees, and we get a couple cords of the wood out of it. probably 3, which is worth around 700 dollars come the winter, that pays for the drill and the poison. So basically the guy is going to pay for us to destroy his property.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A good cause to worry for. My mentor is a very successful ENTJ and I am a very ambitious INFJ.

Case in point, we just went out a few weeks ago with a big ass auger drill and tree poison and we poisoned like 15 giant oak trees that adjoined my mentors property that were on his neighbors lands. He refused to trim them back, so we took matters into our own hands come this spring they will be on the ground dead. muahaha. We dont care about the means, just the ends. >:)

wow. diabolical.

I know of an ENTJ and INFJ sister combo. When they are arguing -which they do a lot- the INFJ always wins and hurts the ENTJ's feelings by hitting below the belt. Way below the belt.

I always thought the 2 INFJ's I know are pretty transparent. And the 2 ENTJ's pretty level headed. Personally, I haven't been on the receiving end of either types flaws. Which is good. Because heaven help me....

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
He will never know, we went deep into the base near the roots, its impossible to see, he will just thing they were blighted. hahaha besides I was already down there telling him about how the American chestnut tree that is native to New England has been blighted since the 1800s and will never grow to full size anymore. He has that seed in his mind already and we made sure that we didn't poison a straight line of his trees, we made it look more like a naturally occurring blight. The best part is that when they come down I will go over and offer to cut and split the dead wood for him at no charge of course, if we can split the lumber afterwards. hahaha I already know he will agree, he is too easy to read. So we cleared off the trees, and we get a couple cords of the wood out of it. probably 3, which is worth around 700 dollars come the winter, that pays for the drill and the poison. So basically the guy is going to pay for us to destroy his property.

Almost everything you say is incredibly unpleasant. I've never met an INFJ as nasty as you. Are you sure you're an INFJ?

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
O ok. If the guy is a dope then no need to worry.

Its not so much that he is a dope, he just isnt used to dealing with people like us. So we have an advantage in that regard. But we aren't so wicked that we want to hurt him, bringing those trees down is better for his property value anyway and he will have a crapload of wood to burn and save tons of cash on his natural gas bills. He was just being obstinate and we had to take matters into our own hands. He generally likes us but he doesn't like to be told what to do, hes an older farmer type of guy. So we had to be unconventional. But we will make sure he makes out from this little ordeal, then he will love us and it will all be good.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Ahh. You should have said all that from the beginning. I think some people here misread your actions.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
wow. diabolical.

I know of an ENTJ and INFJ sister combo. When they are arguing -which they do a lot- the INFJ always wins and hurts the ENTJ's feelings by hitting below the belt. Way below the belt.

I always thought the 2 INFJ's I know are pretty transparent. And the 2 ENTJ's pretty level headed. Personally, I haven't been on the receiving end of either types flaws. Which is good. Because heaven help me....

INFJs tend to put up a pretty nice little facade for the world to look at, who we are internally is much more cool and much more calculated than people are willing to believe. This is one of our greatest strengths, people never see it coming when we strike.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
Almost everything you say is incredibly unpleasant. I've never met an INFJ as nasty as you. Are you sure you're an INFJ?

Oh I am definitely an INFJ, it seems you don't know much about INFJs, or you have fallen prey to our natural tendency to only let you see what you want to see about us. Makes sense, in order for me to get along well with INFPs in real life I have to sugar coat everything for their silly little feelings because they always have to take everything too personally.

Don't buy into all the MBTI hype about INFJs, when we live in the real world and become realists due to trial and adversity we tend to develop an ends justify the means mind set, whereas the ones who live happy little rainbow and fluffy cloud type lifestyles tend to be idiotically idealistic to their own detriment.

That being said, you are definitely an INFP. Wayyyyy too much Fi.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh I am definitely an INFJ, it seems you don't know much about INFJs, or you have fallen prey to our natural tendency to only let you see what you want to see about us. Makes sense, in order for me to get along well with INFPs in real life I have to sugar coat everything for their silly little feelings because they always have to take everything too personally.

Don't buy into all the MBTI hype about INFJs, when we live in the real world and become realists due to trial and adversity we tend to develop an ends justify the means mind set, whereas the ones who live happy little rainbow and fluffy cloud type lifestyles tend to be idiotically idealistic to their own detriment.

That being said, you are definitely an INFP. Wayyyyy too much Fi.

Hmmm...I don't think so, because I know quite a few INFJs. I think you're just a narcissist, and they can come in any type, I'm sure.

If you read some of my posts, you'd see that I don't sugar coat things that matter to me, and I've endured things in life that I have made me very strong. It just appears that nearly every thing you say is insulting, sarcastic, or intentionally provocative, which is a trait I tend to associate with NTs.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
Hmmm...I don't think so, because I know quite a few INFJs. I think you're just a narcissist, and they can come in any type, I'm sure.

If you read some of my posts, you'd see that I don't sugar coat things that matter to me, and I've endured things in life that I have made me very strong. It just appears that nearly every thing you say is insulting, sarcastic, or intentionally provocative, which is a trait I tend to associate with NTs.

Have you considered that that might just be because we are online and you are reading into my posts with a pre-set bias from other threads we may have interacted in? You call me a narcissist here, and I cant help but wonder if it has anything to do with what you were saying to me in the thread where I was talking about economics and you said I was arrogant, even though I never was.

I am not an NT, if you knew anything about me you would know that to be the case, my Fe is actually quite concrete, just because it doesn't come across well when I am typing to a bunch of strangers anonymously on the internet doesn't mean its not there.

Talk to your INFJ pals IRL I assure you they aren't nearly as warm as you think they are.

That being said I will admit to you here and now that in terms of convention, I am different than your average INFJ while still being an INFJ myself. For example my brother is an INFJ we have different scores though in terms of what we rely on more. I am way cooler emotionally than he is, but I wonder if that has more to do with him having a much easier life than I did, which has made me sort of hard core and all or nothing mentality.

And I dont think you should try to type me based on your friends etc, I know that INFPs try to use some form of intuition (Ne) but they don't always get it right for whichever reason.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Have you considered that that might just be because we are online and you are reading into my posts with a pre-set bias from other threads we may have interacted in? You call me a narcissist here, and I cant help but wonder if it has anything to do with what you were saying to me in the thread where I was talking about economics and you said I was arrogant, even though I never was.

I am not an NT, if you knew anything about me you would know that to be the case, my Fe is actually quite concrete, just because it doesn't come across well when I am typing to a bunch of strangers anonymously on the internet doesn't mean its not there.

Talk to your INFJ pals IRL I assure you they aren't nearly as warm as you think they are.

That being said I will admit to you here and now that in terms of convention, I am different than your average INFJ while still being an INFJ myself. For example my brother is an INFJ we have different scores though in terms of what we rely on more. I am way cooler emotionally than he is, but I wonder if that has more to do with him having a much easier life than I did, which has made me sort of hard core and all or nothing mentality.

And I dont think you should try to type me based on your friends etc, I know that INFPs try to use some form of intuition (Ne) but they don't always get it right for whichever reason.

You just don't seem to be using much Fe in my observations of quite a few threads and comments. You could be an INFJ who heavily relies on Ni/Ti.

Or perhaps my assessment of you, as you said, is limited and incorrect. Just as yours was incorrect when you said all INFPs need every thing "sugar coated."

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
You just don't seem to be using much Fe in my observations of quite a few threads and comments. You could be an INFJ who heavily relies on Ni/Ti.

Or perhaps my assessment of you, as you said, is limited and incorrect. Just as yours was incorrect when you said all INFPs need every thing "sugar coated."

Dude.. you just said you don't want anything sugar coated then complain about me not using my Fe enough... Do you see where I am coming from with INFPs? This is always the case I have to watch HOW I say things as not to savage their delicate sensibilities. I could say the exact same things in different ways and you wouldn't be the wiser for it.

But its like I said, we are on an anonymous forum where I don't have to see how my bluntness hurts your feelings, if we were sitting down somewhere having this conversation and I could read you in person I assure you I would come across entirely different. Because my Fe would start kicking in and saying things to me like "stop being a prick you're hurting her feelings". Alas, we are anonymous and online so I don't think that will have much a chance of happening.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
Also, you are not the 1st INFP to tell me I am not an INFJ because of my "assholery". But I truly am, and I exude trademark INFJ qualities if you know what to look at.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Also, you are not the 1st INFP to tell me I am not an INFJ because of my "assholery". But I truly am, and I exude trademark INFJ qualities if you know what to look at.

Well, even compared to some INFJs on this site who don't especially come across as "warm and fuzzy" (but are in fact some of my favorite members on this site) you still don't use much Fe at all. However, apparently it is not impossible for an INFJ to run mainly on Ni/Ti.

I'd be interested to find what other people think of your type, in general. Just out of curiousity.