• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Differences between ENTJ and ESTJ?

InfiniteIntrigue

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
Sorry if this has been asked before,
but what do you think some of the more discernible differences are?

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Seems to me, ESTJ is theoretically more polite and personable.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I think its dick size, otherwise the ENTJs wouldnt need to flood this forum and the ESTJs dont :D

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
Typewatching by elbows. It's real, it works, it's scienz! :devil:

ESTJ: Wears large spikes on elbows, to gut people in their way.

ENTJ: Wears large poisoned spikes on elbows, just to be sure that death occurs.

I think this happens to describe it pretty well.

I'm not sure I know any ENTJs off of this forum though, so it's tough to say.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
I know, it says so much. Not really sure exactly what it would translate to in a real-life situation, but then again, I'm an S, what do I know?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know, it says so much. Not really sure exactly what it would translate to in a real-life situation, but then again, I'm an S, what do I know?

Yeah for real, we are all like, mentally handicapped.

Fecal McAngry

Sorry if this has been asked before,
but what do you think some of the more discernible differences are?

On a more serious note, the differences are so vast that I, as a lilly-livered INFP, do not even know where to begin. Due to my weak, Te, I spose.

I imagine you've read INTP Keirsey's stuff on temprements, as that really does sum it up fairly well. If not:
Conceptualists

Traditionalists
(the supposed types of famous folk below = inaccurate crap, fwiw)

Any specific questions might be easier to try to answer...

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
ENTJ - the ends justify the means
ESTJ - the means are the end

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
In my experience:

ESTJs do their own dirty work

ENTJs get someone else to do it for them

T

ThatGirl

No by F I mean likely to push agendas toward the popular consensus rather than original thinking. Like "Thanksgiving is a valued holiday....You WILL eat turkey and you WILL enjoy it!"

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No by F I mean likely to push agendas toward the popular consensus rather than original thinking. Like "Thanksgiving is a valued holiday....You WILL eat turkey and you WILL enjoy it!"

That is totally F.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I see an SJ also advocating celebrating Thanksgiving by eating turkey, but for a different reason.
They celebrate it because that's the known pattern. That's the right thing to do. They won't go all lyric on the "meaning" of the holiday. They want Uncle X to come not because they want to see Uncle X again, but because it is a family holiday.
My ESTJ husband confirmed this :D

Differences between ESTJ and ENTJ? His first reaction: ESTJs are more conservative.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
Actually, I never eat turkey, not even on Thanksgiving. It tastes terrible to me and it makes me feel sick.

So, I'm actually an ENTJ? Yes! My life is complete!