• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs, "you know you are in love when...."

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
When you do really anti-NT things and kind of feel like a tool for doing it, but don't care.

corey_vann

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8sx
Since I was a kid I thought love was just a concept that you perform, but never a real emotion that someone actually felt. Growing up I thought I was some sort of sociopath because, honestly, I don't think I truly ever cared about anyone in my entire life. I figured I must be missing that part of being human and figured I would have to just deal with that being my lot in life. When was 19 I saw "her," and she changed my life. I learned that I was capable of the emotion know as love and that it was more than just a concept. It felt like my heart was on fire and I was going to burn from the inside out. It was the first time in my life I actually felt human (I had a kind of messed up childhood, not that I'm crying about it or anything. Just trying to explain why I felt "inhuman," in case this wasn't the case for any other young NTs who felt like they couldn't connect with humanity) and part of me was kind of mad at her about it. Anyways, I got my heart broken, which turns out has a feeling too! It's felt like all the acids in my stomach were rushing to my heart and I was going to throw it all up.

That being said, I do wonder if all this was just the product of me being a screwed up kid and her actually giving me the time of day, or nothing more than hormones gone wild. I don't expect it to always feel like this, or that feeling like this has any real significance, seeing as how it didn't work out. But I am happy that I'm capable of such feelings, and hope to feel them again someday. :heart:

oneoutside

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
When they make me happy - like, irrationally happy ... when I don't want to use any facade with them, and I don't want them to either ... when physical closeness no longer seems like an alien concept.

:yes:

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When you do really anti-NT things and kind of feel like a tool for doing it, but don't care.

THIS. :D

Also... when I start analyzing a relationship 24/7. Ti! :cheese:

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
when you feel strangely compelled to reveal all your scars because you want them to know all of you.

when you realise that love can actually cause physical reactions - stomach cramps, chest pain - it's not a myth or just found in dodgy love songs.

when they say you make them really happy and you know that's the most amazing thing you've ever heard and you'll remember that moment forever.

when this new dimension of feeling and hope opens up that you never thought really existed for you because you're too staid and cynical.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
your bank account goes down the drain

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
when they say you make them really happy and you know that's the most amazing thing you've ever heard and you'll remember that moment forever.
This. Also, when you realize you can be in love and still be yourself; when you feel really at ease with your lover and vice versa; when you know nobody has to act a role.
When you dream of somebody kneeling before you with a rose/take you out to a sappy love movie/ subtly guesses which present you'd like; and are intensely happy when he doesn't do that but instead buys you a set of pencils (I still use them!)/ takes you out to a book festival/ bluntly asks which present you'd like.

F

figsfiggyfigs

when they something really sweet, and your brain still completely functions, but your legs go numb. :laugh:

when they something really sweet, and even your brain goes numb....... thats the worst

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
when they something really sweet, and your brain still completely functions, but your legs go numb. :laugh:

when they something really sweet, and even your brain goes numb....... thats the worst

Wtf ? Brain going numb ? You're an NF in NT disguise aint you ? :D

F

figsfiggyfigs

Wtf ? Brain going numb ? You're an NF in NT disguise aint you ? :D

I totally turn NF when I'm falling for someone. ...secretly :ninja:

in all seriousness. I become so confuzzled/taken back, I don't know how to respond, thus, numb brain LOL
:laugh:...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
God, I can only think of naughty things today.

I just thought that according to this theory there's a small problem. Cause when the brain gets numb when being in love and the brain is in the pness, then the pness is numb and the girl thinks you dont find her attractive - relationship end -

Its a cruel world and there must have something been in my coffee this morning -.- :D

F

figsfiggyfigs

God, I can only think of naughty things today.

I just thought that according to this theory there's a small problem. Cause when the brain gets numb when being in love and the brain is in the pness, then the pness is numb and the girl thinks you dont find her attractive - relationship end -

Its a cruel world and there must have something been in my coffee this morning -.- :D

Ahhh hahahahahaha Entropie. you are an awesome weirdo... put some of that stuff in my coffee too! :laugh:

... did that only sound a little odd to me... :ninja:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Hahaha, no :D but I'll enjoy and not tell :cheers:

Alwyn

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
When I start acting stupid and irrational. For example I will become very happy and have to smile the whole time if I see a picture of the person I'm in love with and I can't help it, despite I often think "no this is stupid, it is only a picture". I also want to share my thoughts, feelings and experiences with that person, which is rare because I'm a very private person. And I start daydreaming about a future together.
All this stuff happened only three times in my life so far. The first time was with a book character, the second with a fantasy person and the last with a real person but that didn't work out so great... (Needless to say the first 2 loves were also very pointless and impossible).