• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFJ -> INTP -> ENTP? Huh?

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Still confused. Plenty of this whole cognitive function mess. I'm sorry if you missed my last thread:

I was very much INFJ, and I magically scored INTP.

And now I'm scoring ENTP.

But I'm not an extravert, dammit!

I'm not!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your enneagram 5 and being INFJ probably makes your Ti score higher, making you appear INTP.

fill

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Your enneagram 5 and being INFJ probably makes your Ti score higher, making you appear INTP.

Yes and maybe. After a bad experience, I've smothered Fe with Ti. But I've become a lot less "J" in the past month. Very much a lot. Edit: I was never a strong "J" in the first place.

The MBTI model isn't helping me much. I mean- it's great. Just- well- I can't fit into one type. I don't think anyone can. ...Nor should have I thought so.

There are many underlining problems in my way of thinking. Sorry to those who are seeing the dysfunctional attempts at correcting it.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
You do not have to fit into one type.
If you look at the distribution of people among eg. the E-I axis, most of the people are in the middle, with the extremes as exceptions. That's the reason tests aren't always accurate.
According to tests, I've been ENTP and INTP - those two are me, more or less.
I've also scored ESTJ, INFP and INFJ... I'm quite an extreme NP and my Thinking isn't borderline either.

I recommend you to use the MBTI to understand differences between people and to better understand yourself. Not to say - I'm this, I should do that.

Smothering Fe with Ti...? You should do whatever seems right to you. I think experiences can change your character.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Still confused. Plenty of this whole cognitive function mess. I'm sorry if you missed my last thread:

I'm not!

Okay, stop thinking, and take things for what they are. If you can't work out something, leave it, if you wait a bit, you'll get more info. That's the problem with intuition, you're always digging for more than what is necessarily there. Cognitive functions test wont tell you much, go pick up a book and learn a thing or two, or surf the web a bit. Also keep in mind that Extraverts in MBTI aren't exactly the same as the typical definition. I'm willing to accept you as an ENTP lol, if you've misstyped, no worries :D

fill

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Smothering Fe with Ti...? You should do whatever seems right to you. I think experiences can change your character.

You're right. But it wasn't something I was doing on purpose, rather subconsciously in a way. I think I took too many hits using Fe and processed hurt through Fe, which was very painful. So I- in a way- substituted the functions and used one over the other because, well, a lot of things that would get me down in the dumps just don't anymore. And I'm grateful for that.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

I'm not!

You just scored the traits you like in others, you silly fe user :rolleyes:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Scoring something in free online personality test doesent mean a thing. Know yourself, mbti and read profiles. I never scored intp, but i scored intj 4 or 5 times, once isfj and once istp..

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Scoring something in free online personality test doesent mean a thing. Know yourself, mbti and read profiles. I never scored intp, but i scored intj 4 or 5 times, once isfj and once istp..

i never scored anything else than entp in any mbti test or even other tests that correlate the results with mbti types:violin:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i never scored anything else than entp in any mbti test or even other tests that correlate the results with mbti types:violin:

I didnt say that they cant score you right, but you shouldnt count on test resaults too much.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
u sure? and if, why?

ofc i'm sure, i don't see the point of lying about such details, except for people with serious self esteem/ego issues maybe. *stares*

*stares!*

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
ofc i'm sure, i don't see the point of lying about such details, except for people with serious self esteem/ego issues maybe. *stares*

*stares!*

How can you be sure that you dont have some of these ego issues? Most the time when someone has bit too big ego and little issues with it, he doesent realize it himself, because he simply thinks that hes right about this kind of stuff and others are wrong.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
How can you be sure that you dont have some of these ego issues? Most the time when someone has bit too big ego and little issues with it, he doesent realize it himself, because he simply thinks that hes right about this kind of stuff and others are wrong.

Soo, we agree that you're the one trying to tell me what i'm thinking?!
:rolli: