• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJ's - What are your pet peeves?

bLAze

I am sure that we could list many, so let us compile a list.

-stupid people
-incompetence
-late arrivals
-inefficiency
-bad drivers (a derivative of incompetency the way I see it)
-insincere female interactions (LIKE OH MY GOD! IT IS SO GOOD TO SEE YOU!!)
-insecurity in other people
-poor internet grammar
-people who fail to understand arguments
-people who fail to recognize the ENTJ is most of the time correct
-people who fail to recognize that the ENTJ IS in fact capable of conceding defeat, it is just that we are very rarely wrong
-people who say we have no feelings
- liars
- indecisiveness
- people who put things off
- people who are all talk, no action
- insincerity
- people who go out of their way to win our approval
- people who attempt to put us in our places, fail, and then continue to tell us that we are too stubborn to understand them.
- people who do not understand our hilarious sense of humor
- People who think that we are mad merely because we enjoy to speak our minds

Ahh, that feels better. Keep 'em coming ENTJ's. I don't know if it is just me, or an ENTJ issue as a whole, but I sure love a good rant.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Ranting is Cathartic. And I'd be a damned liar if I said I didn't enjoy a good rant from time to time.

bLAze

Ranting is Cathartic. And I'd be a damned liar if I said I didn't enjoy a good rant from time to time.

But when you rant in public isn't there always the damn token feeler that tries to "help" you because you are so "mad?"

bLAze

That or they get offended because they CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH. I shiver at the thought of how many times that has been the case, and how many times in the future I will have to endure such pain.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
That's the great thing about the truth though. You never have to be sorry you said it.

The only reason people are uncomfortable with the truth, is (often) that they are uncomfortable painting themselves in an honest and unbiased light recognizing their faults as much as their strengths.

But, if you are honest with yourself first, you never really have to be afraid of others finding out who you really are. Because you already know and have accepted yourself. If others can't do the same, they obviously don't deserve to be your friend.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
That's the great thing about the truth though. You never have to be sorry you said it.

The only reason people are uncomfortable with the truth, is (often) that they are uncomfortable painting themselves in an honest and unbiased light recognizing their faults as much as their strengths.

But, if you are honest with yourself first, you never really have to be afraid of others finding out who you really are. Because you already know and have accepted yourself. If others can't do the same, they obviously don't deserve to be your friend.

:horor:

But but but but...lies are the basis for every successful relationship!!! :D

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I can't say I'm very bothered by indeciseveness and disorganization, I've gotten pretty good at not putting myself in situations where I am relying on people who may not pull through. Always a plan B, C, and D in mind.

As for adding something to the list:
- People who think that because I'm arguing actively about a point, its because i'm somehow emotionally attached to it. No, I am pointing out the logical inconsistencies in your argument to discuss an idea, not because my feelings were hurt.

bLAze

I can't say I'm very bothered by indeciseveness and disorganization, I've gotten pretty good at not putting myself in situations where I am relying on people who may not pull through. Always a plan B, C, and D in mind.

As for adding something to the list:
- People who think that because I'm arguing actively about a point, its because i'm somehow emotionally attached to it. No, I am pointing out the logical inconsistencies in your argument to discuss an idea, not because my feelings were hurt.

It is impossible for me to avoid situations of disorganization. I am still in high school and need to deal with the same people every day, as well as follow the rules of school/home regardless of whether or not I want to. I have little say as to who I hang out with - if I am kicking it with a few friends, other people jump in, and thus I am forced to hang out with people whom I would not have hand chosen. However, I realize that my fantasy situation in handpicking everyone is unrealistic and thus, I have been doing a good job as of late of adapting to the spontaneous and consciously working on my P.

However, are ENTJ's youthful? I just cannot wait to have my own place, my own money to spend, my own rules to follow, my own decisions to follow. Basically, being in charge of myself. I just cannot fully appreciate my teenage years the same way that other types can, particularly the perceivers. Were any of you guys truly happy in high school, or did you write it off as stepping stone that the system has in place for you? I am so excited for life to truly begin that I get antsy in the present moment and cannot truly appreciate what is right infront of me. I'll even take it a step further and say it is impossible for me to truly relax.

bLAze

That is a bad mentality that you have, but I am the same way by nature. The way I see it is if you can't handle what I say, I don't care about you. However, if you can handle what I say, then I gain respect for you. The way I rationalized it was that the people whom I don't care about won't like me, while the ones that I do care about would adore me because I speak my mind and ultimately, the truth.

The reason that this does not work is that it simply is not practical. This was a conscious decision on my part, reached through my introverted thinking. If you objectively observe (which I know you can) where this leads you, you will see that the results are not preferable. We as ENTJ's may always be right, but we will not be liked. And ultimately, if we do not have fulfilling relationships we will be miserable.

That is the way I see it. I do agree with you to a large degree though. The problem is practicality. Too bad everyone else does not see the world the same way that we do, eh?

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
That is a bad mentality that you have, but I am the same way by nature. The way I see it is if you can't handle what I say, I don't care about you. However, if you can handle what I say, then I gain respect for you. The way I rationalized it was that the people whom I don't care about won't like me, while the ones that I do care about would adore me because I speak my mind and ultimately, the truth.

The reason that this does not work is that it simply is not practical. This was a conscious decision on my part, reached through my introverted thinking. If you objectively observe (which I know you can) where this leads you, you will see that the results are not preferable. We as ENTJ's may always be right, but we will not be liked. And ultimately, if we do not have fulfilling relationships we will be miserable.

That is the way I see it. I do agree with you to a large degree though. The problem is practicality. Too bad everyone else does not see the world the same way that we do, eh?

Agreed.

My desire to speak the truth isn't a hard and fast rule to be used in all circumstances.

In some instances I realize that discretion is the greater part of valor and I will extricate my self from that situation before I offend someone or upset the group dynamics.

bLAze

Agreed.

My desire to speak the truth isn't a hard and fast rule to be used in all circumstances.

In some instances I realize that discretion is the greater part of valor and I will extricate my self from that situation before I offend someone or upset the group dynamics.

Of course you agree. We are both ENTJ's. :) It's awesome that I can finally speak to someone that is 100% with me on something.
But the problem is that we only make up 2% of the population. Now, to get the other 98% of the world to realize how competent we are and rather than question us, just listen, take it like a bitch, and see the success that comes upon following our minds... :doh:

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
The funny thing is I used to be a huge people pleaser due to how insecure I was.

Now that I've gotten over that, no one wants to talk anymore :devil:

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
You'll like it a lot better when you get out high school. If you go into university into a subject you are really into, you will for the most part be around slightly more like-minded people.

If you go into something like engineering like I did, pretty much everyone will be an INTJ or some form or TJ, and you will likely get along with them better.

It is however extremely important to learn to deal with all kinds of people. Even if you absolutely know they are wrong and being ridiculous (which is something that will follow you your entire life), it will pretty much never work to your advantage to push that point.

bLAze

The funny thing is I used to be a huge people pleaser due to how insecure I was.

Now that I've gotten over that, no one wants to talk anymore :devil:

One extreme or the other. All or nothing. Typical ENTJ!
There is a reason that people in real life are constantly calling us stubborn.

bLAze

You'll like it a lot better when you get out high school. If you go into university into a subject you are really into, you will for the most part be around slightly more like-minded people.

If you go into something like engineering like I did, pretty much everyone will be an INTJ or some form or TJ, and you will likely get along with them better.

It is however extremely important to learn to deal with all kinds of people. Even if you absolutely know they are wrong and being ridiculous (which is something that will follow you your entire life), it will pretty much never work to your advantage to push that point.

That is pleasing to hear, because my speculations are at least correct. I just do not think that the ENTJ is tailored to be fully happy in high school because we hate situations we have no say over.

I have no idea which field to go into. Which majors would be ENTJ oriented? Nothing interests me other than entrepreneurial work, which I do not even need a college degree for...

I agree with you full-heartedly on the last paragraph. 100%. The problem with me is execution in this regard. From an older ENTJ to a younger, does it get easier to "let things go?" I don't mind my lack of F so much as my strong J. The strong J is what keeps us alienated at times.

The good thing about being an ENTJ is that we understand everything, and don't ever live in a state of confusion like other types do. :)