• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJ's - What are your pet peeves?

Jaguar

Imagine again. Here's how most of the arguments (and both types are all about arguing) seem to go:

I have observed an external pattern or phenomenon across contextual lines (Ne), which leads me to believe that these governing principles will explain and categorize it (Ti.)

Here's how you really operate:

You meet two German women who claim to like peppermint ice cream.
You think, "Eureka! It's a goddamn pattern!"

Then you make the irrational claim:
" All German women like peppermint ice cream."

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Here's how you really operate:

You meet two German women who claim to like peppermint ice cream.
You think, "Eureka! It's a goddamn pattern!"

Then you make the irrational claim:
" All German women like peppermint ice cream."

Well no, not really. You don't seem to really understand the process of Ne inference.

It's more like, "This information suggests that there may be some correlation between German women and liking peppermint ice cream, so maybe next time I meet a German woman that I want to get into bed I will buy her some peppermint ice cream and see what happens."

If she doesn't like it, though, I will not forcefully shove the ice cream down her throat in dogmatic insistence that all German women like peppermint ice cream; I will simply reevaluate my belief that this correlation may exist. It's pretty easy for Ne to adapt quickly to changes in external methodology; that's the advantage. Suggesting that some correlation may exist is not committing with total faith; it's a perception not a judgment. All it's saying is, "Hmm, a high percentage of the German women I've met have liked peppermint ice cream." There's no attached judgment that all German women must therefore like it, just an observation which points us toward watching for that pattern in the future. We never really reach a definitive answer; the correlation just becomes stronger or weaker, more likely or less likely than it was before. Your insistence on definitive answers and quantifiable results in this situation is classic Te and leads you to grossly misrepresent the Ne approach.

I know you see the disadvantage in that it's imprecise and doesn't always produce hard results, but there is an upside too. Most of your criticisms of my approach stem from a poor understanding of Ne and the way it operates.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
- People who do not learn.
- People who are putting obstacles in the way simply because they have some kind of unfounded fear of you.
- Incompetence, and in extension people who cannot spell properly. It's almost always a good indication that I will not be able to communicate with said person, even verbally. There are a few exceptions.
- People who can't be persuaded when they're clearly wrong, simply because they hold on to some ideal. That's a double-edged sword, though. I also like loyalty.
- Disloyalty.
- Weakness of character.
- People who break all kinds of rules without any other reason than pissing people off.
- People who enforce rules too rigidly, and can't see that effectiveness and flexibility has a place in there sometimes, even if they're right most of the time.
- People who aren't on time.
- People who never prepare when that is needed for something important.
- People who fail to inform others of important things in time.
- People who do not have the willpower to overcome completely ridiculous phobias and the like.
- Pacifists.
- Peacemongers.
- Militant vegans.
- Greenpeace activists.
- Junkies.
- People who take stupid risks in order to impress others.
- Those who cannot see potential risks because they lack imagination.
- People who lack an active (healthy) imagination.
- People in groups who consistently fails to do their part of the job.
- People who thinks they're more intelligent/wise etc simply because they're old, as if that is something you "earn" by having been alive for a certain number of years.
- People who fail to see realistically upon things. Maybe I already mentioned this one.

I could go on forever. I spend a lot of time sorting through what I like in people, and what I dislike.
Seldom, if ever, do I approve of anyone completely. I have noticed that some INFJs and ENFJs who have acquired logical thinking through character development are the ones that I usually end up trusting completely.

T

ThatGirl

- People who are putting obstacles in the way simply because they have some kind of unfounded fear of you.
- Incompetence, and in extension people who cannot spell properly. It's almost always a good indication that I will not be able to communicate with said person, even verbally. There are a few exceptions.
- People who can't be persuaded when they're clearly wrong, simply because they hold on to some ideal. That's a double-edged sword, though. I also like loyalty.
- Disloyalty.
- Weakness of character.

- People who break all kinds of rules without any other reason than pissing people off.
- People who enforce rules too rigidly, and can't see that effectiveness and flexibility has a place in there sometimes, even if they're right most of the time.
- People who do not have the willpower to overcome completely ridiculous phobias and the like.
- Pacifists.
- Peacemongers.
- Militant vegans.
- Greenpeace activists.
- Junkies.

- People who thinks they're more intelligent/wise etc simply because they're old, as if that is something you "earn" by having been alive for a certain number of years.
- People who fail to see realistically upon things. Maybe I already mentioned this one.

I could go on forever. I spend a lot of time sorting through what I like in people, and what I dislike.
Seldom, if ever, do I approve of anyone completely. I have noticed that some INFJs and ENFJs who have acquired logical thinking through character development are the ones that I usually end up trusting completely.

For the most part I agree with your post. Although since I end up doing most of my shit myself, I am not as concerned with the beliefs of others unless it has some direct influence for my circumstance.

On a side note, I am not the worlds best speller and communicate fine in person. Bluntly, but well.

T

ThatGirl

However, are ENTJ's youthful? I just cannot wait to have my own place, my own money to spend, my own rules to follow, my own decisions to follow. Basically, being in charge of myself. I just cannot fully appreciate my teenage years the same way that other types can, particularly the perceivers. Were any of you guys truly happy in high school, or did you write it off as stepping stone that the system has in place for you? I am so excited for life to truly begin that I get antsy in the present moment and cannot truly appreciate what is right infront of me. I'll even take it a step further and say it is impossible for me to truly relax.

I moved out at 17 to a city where I didn't know anyone for the same reasons. Living alone and having control over your own life is not something I would give up for the world. Also the ability to support and take care of yourself well without ever relying on others. These goals aren't some pipe dream you chase, for me its almost a need, and the only time I am truly happy or working at my best.

Now physically and mentally, I never ever ever want to get old. So I work out, try to keep my mind sharp by constantly learning new things, and avoid things like stagnation. In that sense, I will always be youthful.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
- Disloyalty.
- Weakness of character.
- Pacifists.
- Peacemongers.
- Militant vegans.
- Greenpeace activists.
- Junkies.

I fit most of these descriptions, Jesus! :hi:

-stupid people define
-incompetence define this again from your perspective
-late arrivals
-inefficiency
-bad drivers (a derivative of incompetency the way I see it)
-insincere female interactions (LIKE OH MY GOD! IT IS SO GOOD TO SEE YOU!!)
-insecurity in other people
-poor internet grammar
-people who fail to understand argumentsdefine arguemnt, you mean people who fail to see things in your point of view?
-people who fail to recognize the ENTJ is most of the time correct Bullshit, are you right most of the time
-people who fail to recognize that the ENTJ IS in fact capable of conceding defeat, it is just that we are very rarely wrong Bullshit again
-people who say we have no feelings
- liarsWhagts wrong with lying, we all lied at a certain point in our lives.
- indecisiveness
- people who put things off balance between work and play is important
- people who are all talk, no action
- insincerity
- people who go out of their way to win our approval no thanks, sir.
- people who attempt to put us in our places, fail, and then continue to tell us that we are too stubborn to understand them.
- people who do not understand our hilarious sense of humorHAHA
- People who think that we are mad merely because we enjoy to speak our minds

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was talking about you, not Ne.
You make absurd generalizations.
Case in point:

You're the one that interprets them as definitive pronouncements...usually I'm just exploring the possibility that some connection might exist, not declaring with certainty that it absolutely does.

And yet you never seem to interpret these the way I intend them. That's what leads me to believe you don't understand the context in which I'm speaking in most cases, and it's because you invariably interpret Ne brainstorming as Te law-declaring. You aren't even able to see how much your perspective is constantly colored by Te or how any non-Te approach to the external world might be useful.

Every time you discuss typology you always relate it back to testing and who you think is testing personality type accurately and who isn't. You somehow don't realize that the entire concept is completely unquantifiable and immeasurable--buried in level after level after level of Te bias. You can't see any value in any external theory that can't be empirically measured, and it's the dumbest fucking thing on the planet. Trust me buddy, it gets old.

Irrational bullshit.

It's a flipping joke, man. Here's more terrible Ne; not only are you incapable of listening to my ideas in the right context, you aren't even aware when I'm joking.

Obviously I don't think INTJs are objectively better than ENTJs. There's nothing objective in the entire system of typology; it's just philosophy, not science. I do personally happen to get along better with the INTJs that I know than the ENTJs, but that's the joke, see?

No, you probably don't. Listen, do me a favor and put me back on your ignore list. You never, ever correctly discern my shade of meaning or context and I'm just tired of explaining it to you.

Silencio

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
People who act as mediators in conflicts. Either let me handle it or STFU, because you are annoying and not necessary.

Emo-ness

Lack of self discipline.

Lack of accountability.

Agreed...

I can't stand it when people ask me for help with fitness and/or dieting, then later that day I catch then eating unhealthy food right before they plan on going to sleep... Especially if it's someone who had shown great concern for their physical well-being. I also can't stand when people don't PICK UP THEIR PHONE when plans were made... it's a cell phone for christ sakes, I know you aren't away from the phone (for the most part)... Haha and yes I realize that because I'm an ENTJ, that last one made me seem as if I was 'ditched for less of an asshole', but it's usually SP's who flake out and can't be depended on (not always though).

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
*puts some people on ignore list in advance, cause having had an intuition about the future* :D

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It is impossible for me to avoid situations of disorganization. I am still in high school and need to deal with the same people every day, as well as follow the rules of school/home regardless of whether or not I want to. I have little say as to who I hang out with - if I am kicking it with a few friends, other people jump in, and thus I am forced to hang out with people whom I would not have hand chosen. However, I realize that my fantasy situation in handpicking everyone is unrealistic and thus, I have been doing a good job as of late of adapting to the spontaneous and consciously working on my P.

However, are ENTJ's youthful? I just cannot wait to have my own place, my own money to spend, my own rules to follow, my own decisions to follow. Basically, being in charge of myself. I just cannot fully appreciate my teenage years the same way that other types can, particularly the perceivers. Were any of you guys truly happy in high school, or did you write it off as stepping stone that the system has in place for you? I am so excited for life to truly begin that I get antsy in the present moment and cannot truly appreciate what is right infront of me. I'll even take it a step further and say it is impossible for me to truly relax.

I was often told from a very young age:

"you will make a much better adult than a child. You will most likely be far happier at whatever work you end up doing, than others. You may however miss out on the journey if you only think about the future."

1. yes ENTJs make better adults than kids.
2. dont let this deter you from enjoying childhood; life is a journey and there is no sense in wishing away today. dont let your frustration lead to wishful thinking; actually position yourself to be in the best possible "adult world". Sometimes i hated highschool so much that i refused to do it well. thats a big mistake, as your highschool may follow you. Much of our personality is formed during those years, and you'd hate to stamp it with disdain for your peers.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Agreed...

I can't stand it when people ask me for help with fitness and/or dieting, then later that day I catch then eating unhealthy food right before they plan on going to sleep... Especially if it's someone who had shown great concern for their physical well-being.

Uh-Uh, wow, people have weaknessess, big deal. I gather you are Mr. Olympia? :) An advice to all the intolernat ENTJs: you will always suck in comparison to somebody else, pretty much at everything you do.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:rofl1: How you people ever are attracted to NFs is beyond me :D

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
-insincere female interactions (LIKE OH MY GOD! IT IS SO GOOD TO SEE YOU!!!)

why is it female when men also do this? what slander! :alttongue:

p.s
it annoys me also. those desperate EFs :dont:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL, yes, coz heaven forbid we might actually be happy to see you and you'd have to believe us :devil:

bLAze

Uh-Uh, wow, people have weaknessess, big deal. I gather you are Mr. Olympia? :) An advice to all the intolernat ENTJs: you will always suck in comparison to somebody else, pretty much at everything you do.

Good. That means that I have someone right in front of me to learn from.
You as an ENTJ should know that we have no problems not being the best or admitting defeat. I am the most objective thinker I know, and coincidentally the only ENTJ.

:rofl1: How you people ever are attracted to NFs is beyond me :D

You know you like a girl as an ENTJ when you are willing to look past her faults. When she is always late, an emotional, moody girl, one to put things off, and just basically a giant list of my pet peeves, yet despite all that I am still willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, that is how I know I like the girl.

I also can't stand when people don't PICK UP THEIR PHONE when plans were made... it's a cell phone for christ sakes, I know you aren't away from the phone (for the most part)... Haha and yes I realize that because I'm an ENTJ, that last one made me seem as if I was 'ditched for less of an asshole', but it's usually SP's who flake out and can't be depended on (not always though).

OH MY GOD! Not picking up cell phones ESPECIALLY when plans are made is the ultimate annoyance. People call us assholes, yet inconsiderate pricks like these get away with flaking without just cause (I can totally understand if they atleast have a true reason). Is it so hard if you cannot come to just be honest, pick up the phone, and say you can't come, or that you are running a half hour late? Whenever someone is waiting on me, I always give them a play by play via phone because I know I would expect the return in their situation.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol..do you ever come to lover her for those flaws though, or at least come to accept them as part of her? *curious look*