• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] A Playful INTJ? Whaa...

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
How old is he?

eighteen.

the first point is an I type... he thinks before he gets others invovled... Extroverts like to bound ideas around with people and can drivel nonsense into the eithers then just stop and select the best....

The dream discription sounds S typed (specally since he didn't try and analyse it)...

Difficult thing to do... I can pretty well type people reasonably accurately these days, the trip wire is to really nail N and S's.... but actually if you listen carefully to the language they use it becomes pretty obvious... talk really abstract concepts with them and see if they close it down real quick - is the ultimate N divide.

Yeah. I'm thinking SJ now, too.
The dream description would kind of obviously make him S, right?

Now that I think about he generally speaks in very exact and concrete terms and gets exasperated whenever I try to "explore" an idea. I've never really had this problem with my other SJ friends (that's probably because they're all SFJ), so maybe's he's a strong S then.
...I'm going to have to do some more observing.

Good luck with it... they sound interesting for you if nothing else.

Yeah. I hate to think of him as some sort of science experiment, but it is fun trying to figure out where his head is. :D

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
INTJs will tell jokes, they just won't tell them to people who they know won't get them (i. e., Tinkerbell).
I'm constantly joking with people. And I don't care if they get the joke or not.

I think I do this because I entertain myself, and always have; I like to watch people try to figure things out - I think I do that as a way of judging their intelegence; and I use humor around other for purposes of control.

eighteen.
Well at that stage of my life I rarely talked. All the jokes and playfulness stayed in my head.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I got spammed by my MSN recently, it came from an INTJ I know... it was full of smiles and warm language, and I knew it as pretty likely to not be from him (it wasn't it was some form of computer virus).

INTJs are playful in other ways... they themselves think their jokes are funny.... PLEASE don't inflict them on the world.... :D:D

I'm a part of an online community that overuses smilies and is cuddly and generally very silly. No matter how silly and how cuddly and how many smilies I use I am always known as the 'srs bzns' one.

It doesn't have much to do with how much warm language or smilies an INTJ uses. There are some things you just can't hide.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah. I'm thinking SJ now, too.
The dream description would kind of obviously make him S, right?

Now that I think about he generally speaks in very exact and concrete terms and gets exasperated whenever I try to "explore" an idea. I've never really had this problem with my other SJ friends (that's probably because they're all SFJ), so maybe's he's a strong S then.
...I'm going to have to do some more observing.

Yeah. I hate to think of him as some sort of science experiment, but it is fun trying to figure out where his head is. :D

Yes it does sound like it to me that he is an S.... clearly we are going from what you have said... the language thing and the conceptual thing are ringers.... So many people ovr type N's (N are around 28% of the population in the UK - so less common).

Good luck and have fun.

and INTJ... I'm not trying to be offensive, I actually like INTJ humor so long as it's not too offensive, but it is a total give away as a typing thing.... LOL

Not sure what the oder of decent is for NT humour but you guys just aren't winners for joke telling.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
If they can't be playful, then there would be no need for this thread.

;)
Not really, because I think people confuse ISTJs with INTJs all the time.

In other words, I think ISTJs are the "robots." (No offense to that by the way, since I wish I was a robot.)

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm a part of an online community that overuses smilies and is cuddly and generally very silly. No matter how silly and how cuddly and how many smilies I use I am always known as the 'srs bzns' one.

It doesn't have much to do with how much warm language or smilies an INTJ uses. There are some things you just can't hide.

OK this is a particuarlly stoic INTJ I was talking about (and I'm really interested him romantically right now)....

You can hug me to death, but I'll stand by my theory of yer jokes aint funny to the masses....

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
[...]disagrees with authority figures[...]

And freaks out about it. And is shy about being smart.

Not INTJ.

ISTJ.

ISTJ's are the playful ones. We're the dour smirkers.

There is no playful.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx

Er... I do kind of think of the most inopportune times to talk about my ideas. This can get in the way of efficiency, and if he were an INTJ it would annoy him that I was wasting time conceptualizing instead working (!)

INTJs please correct me if I'm wrong.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
EXACTLY - a room full of a normal population - and they would not think that was funny - just a lame opener....
As I said. Those people can't comprehend a funny joke. They are the ones at fault.

Not really, because I think people confuse ISTJs with INTJs all the time.

In other words, I think ISTJs are the "robots." (No offense to that by the way, since I wish I was a robot.)
I came up with the same term for ISTJs. I look at them as a bunch of robots who do everything with perfection.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
OK this is a particuarlly stoic INTJ I was talking about (and I'm really interested him romantically right now)....

You can hug me to death, but I'll stand by my theory of yer jokes aint funny to the masses....

You can't go by INTJs by one sample. I'm just saying that an INTJ's 'srs bzns'-ness just doesn't go away.

We know they're not funny to the masses, that's why we naturally gravitate towards our audience.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
<reading other posts that I missed>

Yeeeah.
Pretty sure at this point the guy's an ISTJ.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
I came up with the same term for ISTJs. I look at them as a bunch of robots who do everything with perfection.
And because society tells them to - lovers of rules, etc.

It's sort of a heard mentality. And that makes sense when you think about it because most people around them are doing the same thing thus reinforcing the mentality.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Helps that the ISTJs are the highest in numbers compared to all other types.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
You can't go by INTJs by one sample. I'm just saying that an INTJ's 'srs bzns'-ness just doesn't go away.

We know they're not funny to the masses, that's why we naturally gravitate towards our audience.

wasn't basing my opinions on a samples size of one... just using ones person to illustrate.... I have two intj bros (out of 9), my father, two best friends and 2 at work in a dominant NT team... and that just in the present...

Another example, a foul girl came home to visit within one of my bros... she was being really nasty to one of my INTJ bros... which eventaully just asked her "how do you manage to mastribate with fingernails that length?" which shut her up, was very funny but also exceptionately offensive....

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I was going to suggest INTP based on how I can relate to roughly 70% of the initial description.