• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Changing personalities, the NTP way: sideways.

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
I have no idea how this stuff works. So, I might as well test my theories. (Oh, I'm revelling in this INTP thing...)

Earlier this year, when I first started getting into this typology stuff, I was a all around moderately expressed ENTP. The year before that, I was an INTP. The difference was during early this year I firstly began to participate in my school's debate team, which did wonders for my sense of humor, and secondly, I got a girlfriend (an INFJ who became an ENTJ, whose personality changed when mine did), which did wonders for my self esteem and my sense of adventure :p

Now, taking the test again a summer later, I'm an INTP. I had a little bit of disappointment, because I very much enjoyed having the heart of a Feynman instead of Einstein, but not accepting who you are gets nowhere and I realized that it's a lot of fun thinking without the meta of thinking if you're thinking too much. I wasn't very much an expressed extravert anyway. :p

So, with that in mind...

What if, pour example, one would be able to use antidepressants to change one's introvertedness or likewise extravertedness? If one developed a more outgoing or reserved personality by applying the right drugs. My naiive result, I figure, would that the modes of my personality would reconfigure themselves. Instead of having a primary introverted thinking and secondary extraverted intution, they would switch, which appears to do worlds of difference. That seems too easy, though... is that really how it works?

In the end a person is a person is a person and as insightful as this psychology seems to be at times, and we're all fascinatingly multifaceted and need to accept that types aren't the final say.

Maybe I just need to pick up video games again and go outside more :p It's just I sort of miss being the more laidback ENTP.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
from the sound of it you are at the stage where you flit between two types...

You may emerge as an ENTP in environements where you are confident and being yourself, when you are in places where you are not confident you will be INTP.....

It's just a tendancy, don't push yourself to be someone else, .... E ness isn't about being sociable (although often E people are sociable too), it's about where you like to do your thinking, so indulge in brain storming sessions and really particpate.

For what it's worth you sound perfect as a middle person between E and I - aim to get the best out of both... ENTP's annoy the hell out of people INTP annoy themselves I think...

I am migrating slowly through the years towards being more I liked

PS welcome to the board

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
from the sound of it you are at the stage where you flit between two types...

You may emerge as an ENTP in environements where you are confident and being yourself, when you are in places where you are not confident you will be INTP.....

It's just a tendancy, don't push yourself to be someone else, .... E ness isn't about being sociable (although often E people are sociable too), it's about where you like to do your thinking, so indulge in brain storming sessions and really particpate.

For what it's worth you sound perfect as a middle person between E and I - aim to get the best out of both... ENTP's annoy the hell out of people INTP annoy themselves I think...

I am migrating slowly through the years towards being more I liked

PS welcome to the board

Oh God, you have no idea. :p I know a couple of guys who I'm pretty sure are ENTPs (with capital Es but lower case Ts (just enough to be oddly creative)), but I don't get along with at all. I've also recently gotten out a mid life crisis when I've only been through a quarter of my life, so...

I suppose you're write about the whole being in the middle, that does sound rather accurate. Thanks for the insight and the welcome.

I think the real challenge is dealing with the INTP habit of thinking but not doing... that's what I posit as being the worst for me.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think the real challenge is dealing with the INTP habit of thinking but not doing... that's what I posit as being the worst for me.

LOL yes if you find the magic key, be sure to come back and broadcast to the INTP community, I'm sure they will all want to know what that would look like :D it does seem to be the down side of the type...

Good luck and I'm sure others will pitch in too, enjoy who you are and realise it takes all sorts

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
You shouldn't want to be another type, if you don't like parts of who you are, change that, design your own life. But trying to become another type will not fill you with haziness.

it does seem to be the down side of the type..

My god. Yes, it is a horrible thing.

Kilgore

MBTI Type
ENTP
Now, taking the test again a summer later, I'm an INTP. I had a little bit of disappointment, because I very much enjoyed having the heart of a Feynman instead of Einstein, but not accepting who you are gets nowhere and I realized that it's a lot of fun thinking without the meta of thinking if you're thinking too much. I wasn't very much an expressed extravert anyway. :p

Tests are crap. Online tests are very limited and it's possible to have different or inaccurate results between tests and depending on your moods. Don't take these literally.

Read up on the functions (Ne, Ti, Fe, Si, etc), what they mean and how they're ordered in different types. I see the tests as more of a guide to peg you within one of the 4 broader categories and it's up to one's self to narrow it down from there.

ENTPs are also, apparently, the most introverted of the extraverts.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Sounds to me like you havent taken sides yet in life

Some even never do

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Suspect you are either an xNTP or you are an INTP chameleon (look via Typo C search for INTP Chameleon). I have an alternative persona who is an ESTP when I go clubbing. It’s a great creative outlet/exercise to do things I never would otherwise do. However it drains and I have come to terms with my INTPness. If I did not, I sense there would be inner hell to pay. Consider this, become who you are not who you wanna be to get inner harmony. After this embrace your chameleon abilities as a tool. Then and only then your INTP self will help you get what you want via alternative route. :)

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
^ we get under others skins and then they take it out on other people (preferably innocent bystanders). Flying under the radar...bzzzzzz

sculpting

funny, my INTPs turn into ENTPs when they get drunk... Just an observation.

as for drugs and personality...

when I was in grad school I was on ritalin for a bit (turned I didnt have adhd but was profoundly hypothyroid).

Oddly-I would sit in E&M classe and follow every details of everything written. I had no idea of all the little pieces that I had missed.

Except I couldnt understand anymore why we were doing the problem. I could no longer see the big picture. Ne vs Si perhaps?