• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How do you celebrate your birthday?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Me neither. Never saw the point. More often than not I forget unless I'm reminded and I don't usually tell people because I don't want to be reminded. Plus I hate being told to be "Happy". That shit is just annoying.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Im turning 23 next week, and the only plan i got is to go visit my mom. I think ill drink and smoke some weed on the weekend, but thats what i do every weekend when i got money to drink and weed to smoke..

I wish i would stop getting older now.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to birthdays. Give me a present, don't give me a present, I really don't care. Everyone always asks me: "what are you going to do for your birthday?!" I say the typical... Have dinner with my family on Saturday and chill. Any type of gift is appreciated--mix tapes, books, gift card, a paper clip I couldn't careless. I feel like it's the "thought" that matters. As long as you remembered that it's my birthday then I'm good :nice:

I would invite friends over, but I really hate it when people touch my shit and dirty everything up. Who knows where their hands have been! Actually, I'm just really lazy and hate cleaning after people.

I feel like I'm the only person who is this way...

I could have written this. You are not alone!

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I only had about 4 birthday parties in my life. And I received presents for my birthdays until about 14. Well nowadays, since my birthday is a day after my mum's, we get a cake for both of us and that's about it. I honestly wouldn't care if anyone forgot about my birthday. I don't take it as great importance. Only as a reason to slack off that day.

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't really care if anyone remembers my bday. I like having a nice dinner with close family and thats about it. Last year my daughter was old enough to bake a cake (except for the oven part) on her own and that was the best birthday I've had so far. Mainly because of how proud she was of herself.

I have always liked planning parties for others and never wanted one for myself. Except for people at work or people I dont know too well, I hated that. I swear there was this one girl who was around 25 that wouldnt stop telling people when her bday weeks before, like she was expecting a big tada. So irritating.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like presents. I don't like parties.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
I tend to feel annoyed and embarrassed when people acknowledge my birthday. Christmas is perhaps worse. Generally I don't like people to fuss over me. And gifts make me feel kind of weird. It feels like I'm being forced into a social exchange that I don't want to be a part of.

Probably largely a result of all the guilt in my family. The only reasons anyone did anything for anyone were:

A) so the acting person could gab about how great he or she was, and
B) so he or she could gab about how awful and ungrateful the recipient was, should the recipient not snap into line and do whatever he or she was told until the end of time.

Basically, it's all manipulation and mindfuckery.

Left to my own devices, my birthday would easily pass without my noticing.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I never notice when my birthday is coming up. But when it arrives, I love it. I love to take a huge birthday trip and then come back and have a whole bunch of little parties all over town with different groups of people. It's like how Christmas is for most people - a time when everyone gets together.

Sometimes you just need reminders that your friends exist beyond emails and texts and that you should see them. So I reach out on their birthdays and they reach out on mine, guaranteeing that we see each other at least twice per year - which is no easy feat in this bustling city.

I think also because my birthday is so close to the 4th of July, it's always fun because I get to detonate things.

But you can keep the gifts - I don't want to owe you shit.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I do low key these days, use to go out and have a few drinks.. or for big dates have a collection of friends... but ideal would be a few friends for dinner and chat

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Damn INTPs are so depressive :dont:

Birthdays are the perfect excuse for me to do exactly what I want to do, it's usually a public holiday on or before my birthday so I take one or two days off work. If it's a week day I grab a good book and wander into the city, walk around, stop at quaint sidewalk cafes and chill while people watching, then I catch up with my mother and sisters, t'is awesome. If it's a weekend I'd do something more active with my sisters.

Screw Christmas and Easter, Birthdays are awesome!

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
I. DONT.

everyone else does though. annoying.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I've taken to celebrating my birthday, as of a few years ago, with my friends. Prior to this I rarely raised an eyebrow. Helps make me feel appreciated.

Acknowledging your birth year is important, celebrating with people you trust helps shape your identity and well-being to the artifact that is your self I think. So in that respect while it can be like another day, it is your day to celebrate that which is your existence.

The0blivious

MBTI Type
XNTP
Why would I want to celebrate some arbitrary marker that tells me I'm closer to my death? To answer the question, I try not to celebrate my birthday as much as possible. Dinner maybe. I avoid all of my friends though, I won't remind them it's my birthday, in my opinion it's somewhat the equivalent of attention whoring...

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I don't know really.

I better figure it out quick tho because I turn 24 in 22 minutes.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why would I want to celebrate some arbitrary marker that tells me I'm closer to my death?
Since when are birthdays arbitrary?

Try changing it sometime and see if the government goes for it.