• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How do you celebrate your birthday?

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to birthdays. Give me a present, don't give me a present, I really don't care. Everyone always asks me: "what are you going to do for your birthday?!" I say the typical... Have dinner with my family on Saturday and chill. Any type of gift is appreciated--mix tapes, books, gift card, a paper clip I couldn't careless. I feel like it's the "thought" that matters. As long as you remembered that it's my birthday then I'm good :nice:

I would invite friends over, but I really hate it when people touch my shit and dirty everything up. Who knows where their hands have been! Actually, I'm just really lazy and hate cleaning after people.

I feel like I'm the only person who is this way...

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I just use birthday as a detail for people to remember, to see if they care about me.

As for the actual celebration, I essentially treat it like any other day.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I like having my birthday recognized by people close to me. I haven't been so into it the last two times as it fell right around the time I lost a close friend, and boy do I hate celebrating when I don't feel like celebrating. Anyway it's been long enough now that this year I might be up for something, though I doubt it'll be anything more than going out to dinner with two or three other people.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Birthdays are a huge deal for me. Im bad at memorizing dates, but I try my best.

As for mine, I generally do something I really enjoy, and invite friends along for the ride. I really like making it a standing point because I see no reason to NOT celebrate a holiday centered around me.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I love my birthday. I like the kids around and cake and candles and all that stuff. I went for a long time not caring and almost hating it so I prefer the fun birthdays I have now.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Very indifferent at best. I don't mind, and even sort of like someone telling me "happy birthday" - but anything more than that is too much. I don't like getting cards, gifts or doing anything that would be construed as "special". I don't like being the center of attention in that sort of way... and it's not like I did anything worthy of comment to earn it.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
my 18th birthday, which is the birthday when you are officially considered an adult ( as in: not 21) I did do alone in a subway station. Every other birthday was the same, except for subway station.

I've got a knack for the dramatic.

P

Phantonym

I haven't had a birthday party for over ten years now. My birthday is my day. I just enjoy it :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Depressive thing you

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLOF2T20O8E"].[/YOUTUBE]

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't celebrate my birthday. I mourn the loss of another year, while a small group of relatives (I have no friends) sit around the table, eat cake, and hand me gifts which, like me, will sooner or later succumb to the years and be forgotten. There, now you can put away the violins; it's actually quite pleasant, one of the best days of the year.

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
I wouldn't mind going to a spa with a close friend or family member though. I think I'll probably do that next year.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You can do whatever you want as long as it makes you happy. Noone is intrested in knowing more than that, believe me

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
Usually I kick back and play some video games, or read. Just some quality time to myself. Sometimes splurge on an expensive lunch.

My parents suckered me into a lunch last year for my birthday. It was going to just be a quiet thing with my folks, but then entire extended family heard about it, and hadn't done anything together for while, so decided to tag along. There was maybe a dozen people there - grandparents, aunt, uncle, brother, parents, etc. I'm not usually one for special days but the gesture was pretty touching. :D

LucrativeSid

I don't celebrate my birthdays at all. I just sort of confirm the passing of time and reevaluate how I want to live my life. I do that all the time anyway, but I like to hype it up on my birthday and make it seem more profound. I usually spend all of my free time that day alone, but I do that all the time, too.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I normally don't do much but this year I'm a) doing a show during that week and b) 18!!!!!
So do I really need explain what I'm doing? :p

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
It's at a very inconvenient time for everybody (end of summer vacations).
I was quite often alone at home for my bday when I was younger. I wouldn't celebrate it at all if it wasn't for my family sometimes insisting on it, I generally buy myself something I like while grinning like a kid, or use the cash prize to fix my account's balance these days.
Last year I walked around with a sticker saying 'hi i'm fred, and it's my bday' on my jacket.

kathara

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
My bday was two days ago, I celebrated it by going out with friends.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to birthdays. Give me a present, don't give me a present, I really don't care. Everyone always asks me: "what are you going to do for your birthday?!" I say the typical... Have dinner with my family on Saturday and chill. Any type of gift is appreciated--mix tapes, books, gift card, a paper clip I couldn't careless. I feel like it's the "thought" that matters. As long as you remembered that it's my birthday then I'm good :nice:

I would invite friends over, but I really hate it when people touch my shit and dirty everything up. Who knows where their hands have been! Actually, I'm just really lazy and hate cleaning after people.

I feel like I'm the only person who is this way...

I don't even really care if people remember. Usually it's an excuse to get drunk.