• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ Father and Brother -____-

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sooo.... Are INTJs not very tolerant of things or not? My experience with my dad and bro has been...more "professional" than anything else. Honestly, it's impossible talking to them without getting educated about something. Of course, it's my experience as someone who likes a more laid back take on communicating.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJ: The Know-It-All. :BangHead:

(See the first part of my signature. Still holds sometimes.)

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
So uh...is there a question in here? :D

intuitivethinker

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1/5
Sooo.... Are INTJs not very tolerant of things or not? My experience with my dad and bro has been...more "professional" than anything else. Honestly, it's impossible talking to them without getting educated about something. Of course, it's my experience as someone who likes a more laid back take on communicating.

I guess we like to pass on our knowledge to the uneducated masses ;) We're so giving :eek:

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ ... to the masses we percieve as "uneducated" (meaning everybody except for ourselves).

My deepest condolences to the Op.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
It's not impossible, but it's definitely true that INTJs are not laid-back when it comes to the way in which we communicate.

I actually ask a lot of people about their area of expertise too - prefer that to educating others, although if you say something incorrect (especially in a discussion) I will react (this is fun with my INTJ dad because he often won't admit he's wrong and I don't back down). And I keep asking questions until I understand. Yesterday my mother saved my muffins by thinking practically and I was in awe and kept asking her questions. This works particularly well with my father because he likes the educating thing and I love learning about the workings of the most obscure phenomena...we can go on for a long time. My ESTP brother doesn't seem to understand that I'm genuinely interested in learning how the water-filtering in the dunes works. He thinks I'm sucking up to my father.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh, I'm not worthy. haha But thanks for the feedback. I choose to continue to defy them with my subtle and genuine form of perkiness...until they kill my buzz. Cheers

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, dear gawd! Bless you!

MiasmaResonance

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My mother and father are both INTJs. I can relate to having a more 'professional' relationship than having an actual love-y/feel-y relationship with them.
I don't mind it, really, though we do probably tend to debate/argue more so than other families.