• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] The (often-misunderstood) INTJ Idea Of Romance, with examples and illustrations.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I'm more symbolically romantic, you all seem to be more down-to-earth romantic...acts of service and stuff.

Or maybe I'm just lazy.

MBTI Type
INTJ
On Valentine's Day once, I broke into her car at work and scattered a bunch of rose petals all over and put a card on the seat.

I once bought a whole crapload of lingerie and anonymously sent a piece to her in the mail every few weeks over the course of a year. (No, I'm not a stalker, she was my girlfriend :D)

I told her we were going out to dinner. On the way, I said that I had gotten lost and asked her to reach into the glove box and get a map. Inside were tickets for that night to see her favorite band.

See, we can be romantic!

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
WTF is this "acts of service" stuff?

I have an ISTJ for that. I make jokes about how INTJforum is full of ISTJs, you sure you people aren't ISTJs?

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ

I have an ISTJ for that. I make jokes about how INTJforum is full of ISTJs, you sure you people aren't ISTJs?

Although my primary love languages are physical touch and quality time, I also have acts of service in my repertoire (notably offering to take care of administrative stuff that the Ps I like to date find so draining) and I can easily see myself focusing on these actions if I didn't know the love language reference because I would take my two primaries for granted. Maybe that's the case for other INTJs in the thread?

Edit: Okay, maybe the reference is known since the phrase is put in quotes or capitalized in the posts above. Huh.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP

Oh, I'm a big acts of service person--it's a lot easier than saying all the gushy stuff. Acts of Service: They're not just for SJs anymore.

I do think the love languages thing is a little overworshipped round these parts, though.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I do think the love languages thing is a little overworshipped round these parts, though.

I don't like them much either. I just need an intellectual framework to illuminate the waters before I can navigate in them :doh:, and until Blackwater writes a condensed version of his first book, love languages is all I've got on love.

Cranky

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
He'll find my phone for me (seriously, I *suck* at finding things and I'm constantly losing that thing!), again, and again...and again, without complaining, just rolling his eyes at me and with an amused smile on his face.

I can go on..but let's not :blush:

Him performing a repetitive task that you should be able to perform because he thinks you're cute when he hands you your phone is about the most romantic thing I've ever heard of.

Last time we went out for dinner, I offered to share the bill, and he replied: "I'd rather like a blow job." Does that count?

Yes.

I once bought a whole crapload of lingerie and anonymously sent a piece to her in the mail every few weeks over the course of a year. (No, I'm not a stalker, she was my girlfriend :D)

See, we can be romantic!

That's awesome. Did you set up the mailings by marking down the dates you wanted to send her the stuff on your Google Calendar?

I don't like them much either. I just need an intellectual framework to illuminate the waters before I can navigate in them :doh:, and until Blackwater writes a condensed version of his first book, love languages is all I've got on love.

BINGO.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, I'm a big acts of service person--it's a lot easier than saying all the gushy stuff. Acts of Service: They're not just for SJs anymore.
Can you iron my shirts? The ball game is on.

I do all 5, but I prefer Quality Time or Physical Touch above the rest. I kinda suck at Gift Giving though.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Can you iron my shirts? The ball game is on.

I do all 5, but I prefer Quality Time or Physical Touch above the rest. I kinda suck at Gift Giving though.

Yeah, no. I like to do things that help people out, but highly resent being the martyr while someone else kicks their feet up and does nothing.

I also suck at gift giving. I like the idea of it, but mostly fail at thinking of gift ideas for more than five minutes at a time. I like for people to just tell me what they want.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, no. I like to do things that help people out, but highly resent being the martyr while someone else kicks their feet up and does nothing.
You are helping me out! I'll totally appreciate it.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
INTJ Romance:

*serious, embarrassed face*
*quiet voice, flat affect*

"I...like...you. A lot."

Cranky

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
INTJ Romance:

"I...like...you. A lot."

INTJ Romance:

*stares at floor*
*inappropriate timing*

"I...uhhh...like...you. A lot. Ok??"

*immediate change of subject*
*obsessive staring at love object to determine if adoration is returned*

It's funny cuz it's true. I literally did this.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think I do the kissy thing first then admit... At least you can get the words out.