• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Really Unintelligent NTs

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
"Ns are more likely to be smarter than Ss" (...) is true and is true by a large margin. However, (...) Ns don't actually significantly outnumber Ss in the high IQ bracket. The problem is in distribution. Ns have a much tighter IQ grouping and it is generally higher. Ns are, for all intents and purposes, a subset of high-IQ Ss.

I saw no need to bold the last sentence. :rolleyes:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The whole word "stupid" is flummoxing me.

I tend to meet many more S's in tasks that do not require add'l college education or just require more of a trades/vocational line of study or work program... and perhaps they do not articulate themselves as well as most N's seem to...

...but I wouldn't call them stupid. In the areas they are interested in, they're obviously a lot more skilled than I am, and have experience and knowledge I do not have. And some could easily have handled college work or higher-level studies, they just chose not to due to lack of interest... not lack of capability.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
The whole word "stupid" is flummoxing me.

Yup... Cause if you include head in the clouds, unable to function well in life, bad at relationships, etc... I got plenty of Ns to call stupid. Outright stupid in the "how can you be so stupid" kind of way.

If you mean IQ, that's a lot harder. Chances are I have met one or two in my life, but I probably don't know them well enough to identify them as Ns.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Stupid is a really stupid word....

Yeah...
Err.

If an idea can be stupid or an action can be stupid then a person can be stupid.
The exact definition of stupid is of course "something I disagree with" and not much more but is this relevant unless we're trying to obtain objective truth?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Stupid is a really stupid word....
Yeah...
Err.

Stupidity
is such a stupid word
Everyone's so dumb, it's true

Stupidity
From what we all have heard
Is equal op-por-ti-ty-toooon.

Sorry, got pressed for a rhyme...!

The exact definition of stupid is of course "something I disagree with" and not much more but is this relevant unless we're trying to obtain objective truth?

If we're not, well, that's pretty stupid. :D

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Isn't Cartman a stupid low-IQ ENTJ?

Edit: Of course, he's fictional. :dry:

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
You think he's an NT??

Actually my SO does. I haven't seen that much South Park but in the episodes I've seen he's always coming up with crazy plans for world domination, and he's definitely E.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually my SO does. I haven't seen that much South Park but in the episodes I've seen he's always coming up with crazy plans for world domination, and he's definitely E.

*checks field guide manual for ENTJ description*

- World domination
- Crazy plans

Aye caramba...! You might be onto something!

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I thought Cartman was more of an INTJ, since he's more of a loner. Crazy plans for world domination certainly fall within INTJ too. INTJ's tend to focus more on the "crazy plans" while ENTJ's focus more on the "world domination". ;)

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I thought Cartman was more of an INTJ, since he's more of a loner. Crazy plans for world domination certainly fall within INTJ too. INTJ's tend to focus more on the "crazy plans" while ENTJ's focus more on the "world domination". ;)

He does carry them out, y'know... And he could use some help with his contingency planning. ;)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Cartman is an ENTJ. He normally carries out his plans (though they're usually foiled).

I wouldn't call him a loner, either -- he just doesn't have any friends.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
He does carry them out, y'know... And he could use some help with his contingency planning. ;)

That's because he's an unintelligent NT, lol. I'm thinking of the episode where he tricked a guy into eating his own parents. That was a pretty elaborate scheme for an ENTJ. Although while saying this I realize that this a fictional character on a show that is not remotely realistic. :huh: He does have the temper of an ENTJ, so I could buy that too.

hotmale

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Cartman is an ENTJ. He normally carries out his plans (though they're usually foiled).

I wouldn't call him a loner, either -- he just doesn't have any friends.

Are you describing yourself or Cartman? An ENTJ carries out his plans, wins his cases, and gets the girl at the end. Cartman is an introverted, insecure guy who talks the talk but can't walk the walk. Not very ENTJish.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I know a stupid INTJ. The general effect seems to be that he's INCREDIBLY paranoid, rather aggressive and tends to only want people around him when he needs them for something, when he wants them to just do what he wants and then go away. He's always convinced he's right and thinks he's a lot smarter than he really is, so he tries to trick people and lie to them, not realising that everyone's onto him in seconds because he just really has no idea of how dumb he is and how transparent, consequently, his lies are. He's also absurdly competitive and insists on winning everything, including a two-player game of Mario Kart with a six year old, every time, and lecturing her on the importance of winning and trying to step up to the mark when she starts crying.

He's really not a very nice person to know... I don't know how much of it's due to INTJ-ness or dumbness, or what, but he's a real pain.

I think though, that the stupid NT would be likely to attempt to do all the same things that a smart one does, only he'd fail with it most of the time due to overestimation of his ability, underestimation of others' abilities and then probably blame everyone/everything else for it.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are you describing yourself or Cartman? An ENTJ carries out his plans, wins his cases, and gets the girl at the end. Cartman is an introverted, insecure guy who talks the talk but can't walk the walk. Not very ENTJish.

I guess you and I have been watching different episodes.

The episode that came to my mind in summing up Cartman was the episode The Passion of the Jew. An ENTJ doesn't necessarily win, either.

Usehername

On a mission
I know a stupid INTJ. The general effect seems to be that he's INCREDIBLY paranoid, rather aggressive and tends to only want people around him when he needs them for something, when he wants them to just do what he wants and then go away. He's always convinced he's right and thinks he's a lot smarter than he really is, so he tries to trick people and lie to them, not realising that everyone's onto him in seconds because he just really has no idea of how dumb he is and how transparent, consequently, his lies are. He's also absurdly competitive and insists on winning everything, including a two-player game of Mario Kart with a six year old, every time, and lecturing her on the importance of winning and trying to step up to the mark when she starts crying.

He's really not a very nice person to know... I don't know how much of it's due to INTJ-ness or dumbness, or what, but he's a real pain.

I think though, that the stupid NT would be likely to attempt to do all the same things that a smart one does, only he'd fail with it most of the time due to overestimation of his ability, underestimation of others' abilities and then probably blame everyone/everything else for it.

Yeah! They'd see that they see the world differently, think social types (like ExFxs) are idiots (when likely they're significantly more intelligent than the NT) and then try (but fail) to manipulate people!

Thanks for the example!

hotmale

MBTI Type
ESTJ
I guess you and I have been watching different episodes.

The episode that came to my mind in summing up Cartman was the episode The Passion of the Jew. An ENTJ doesn't necessarily win, either.

You're probably right about that. I'm not really a fan of the series, so you probably know better.