• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Female NTs and Men: What do you need in a relationship?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
(3) Responsibility: This is true of other types of women as well, but female NTJs are turned off by someone who can not take care of himself, pay his bills on time, be on time for work, etc. For a female NT this relates back to being independent.
Fixed.

True 'dat. Nothing I love more than a man who can't take care of himself.

Dribblers. :wubbie:

juggernaut

Permabanned
Hmmm, are these really specifically NT wants? Most of these lists look like exactly the lists my SF sister and SF close friend maintain. Who doesn't want a smart, interesting, responsible, emotionally mature, hard-working mate? I have yet to meet the woman who says "gimme a stupid, lazy, crybaby".

I think the only thing that might genuinely distinguish NT females from other women is the need for space. This was the basis of my own belief that something was wrong with me until I started running into other NTs (both male and female). We seem to need a bit more time to ourselves than some of the other types. It doesn't seem to require that the object of our affection actually leave the house, just that he understand when we need some time to do our own thing. The SF males I've been involved with seemed quite hurt by this, assuming that it was rooted in some sort of desire to avoid them.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No one has seen my ass!

Now, "someone who can not take care of himself" is probably a turn off no matter the type, but who gives a rat's ass if he's always late to work? Unless you are also his boss and looking forward to that pre-meeting fuck early in the morning.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...I think the only thing that might genuinely distinguish NT females from other women is the need for space. This was the basis of my own belief that something was wrong with me until I started running into other NTs (both male and female). We seem to need a bit more time to ourselves than some of the other types. It doesn't seem to require that the object of our affection actually leave the house, just that he understand when we need some time to do our own thing. The SF males I've been involved with seemed quite hurt by this, assuming that it was rooted in some sort of desire to avoid them.

I do agree with the need for space.

I need alone time, and it's not a matter of "wanting" it, it's "needing" it or I become very unhappy and unable to function. I've come a long way in actually enjoying "people time" now, but I still need space to do my own thing, and it seems like there are other sorts of women who invest all their time in other people or want to always be with someone.

juggernaut

Permabanned
Now, "someone who can not take care of himself" is probably a turn off no matter the type, but who gives a rat's ass if he's always late to work? Unless you are also his boss and looking forward to that pre-meeting fuck early in the morning.

or his carpool companion and he's the driver... and you happen to be a semi-neurotic NTJ. :blush:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dude. It's all over the interwebz.
You don't know this?

I use it for dart practice.
Link?

or his carpool companion and he's the driver... and you happen to be a neurotic NTJ. :blush:
Get another carpool! That's not worth destroying relationships over.

Reminds me of affluent couples fighting over cleaning the house when all they had to do was hire a maid to come in once a week.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

I agree. I could care less that my partner is frequently late for work. It's not like I'm his mother/keeper. Perhaps if I depended on him being on time for some reason (a la carpool situation) then it'd matter a bit, but then if he couldn't shape up I'd just find another mode of transportation, not dump him.