• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ writers?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tolkien was pretty clearly INTP, especially when you compare his thought process and writing process to CS Lewis, his close friend.

(To rule out INFP, compare Tolkien to INFP fantasists like Terry Brooks or Neil Gaiman or Madeleine L'Engle, or to INFJs like Guy Gavriel Kay or Stephen R. Donaldson or Piers Anthony.)

Did I mention Ursula leGuin as an INTJ writer? I am pretty sure of that one, especially having attended a speaking session of hers and meeting her briefly, watching and listening to her interact.

--

I have at least one Barbara Sher book at home, I remember enjoying it / finding it helpful in some ways.

kristin

MBTI Type
INTJ
If you enjoy the foreign language thing, maybe you could try contracting out to do written translations.

Everyone here should check out Barbara Sher's new book called "Refuse to Choose". It's about what she calls Scanners, which seem to be people like some of us who get bored with things after a while and are ready to move on, but feel bad about never sticking to anything for too long. I found it to be very insightful and no, she didn't ask me to write this promo.

Lol... thanks! I'll check it out. And yes, I'd thought about translating, but I think I'd find it boring. Creating is so much more fun! :)