• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] why the ENTJ hate?!

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
So it seems like absolutely everyone on the NT forum is hating on ENTJs like we are hitler.

I've seen some seriously offensive shit here along the lines of
- uninteresting
- not friendly
- controlling
- closed minded

Where is this coming from? Have you met some super assholes in your life that youve labelled as ENTJs? Do you just assume when you see this kind of behaviour that the person is an ENTJ? I seem to find that alot of you describe ENTJs as ESTJs, which is not cool.

Oh and one more thing I see alot of is people saying ENTJs just try to convince others to see things their way. That seems to contradict the most commonly stated ENTJ trait that they constantly seek to take in knowledge and to grow, and that they are extremely interested in other peoples ideas and thoughts.

Stop hating!

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Have you met some super assholes in your life that youve labelled as ENTJs? Do you just assume when you see this kind of behaviour that the person is an ENTJ?

I suspect this is true for a LOT of the generalizations I've seen here, which wouldn't be so bad if people were less dogmatic about them.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Hitler WAS an ENTJ :p . So was Napoleon.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
It seems to be directed at all ExxJs.

Let's face it; it sucks being IxxP.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
So it seems like absolutely everyone on the NT forum is hating on ENTJs like we are hitler.

I've seen some seriously offensive shit here along the lines of
- uninteresting
- not friendly
- controlling
- closed minded

Where is this coming from? Have you met some super assholes in your life that youve labelled as ENTJs? Do you just assume when you see this kind of behaviour that the person is an ENTJ? I seem to find that alot of you describe ENTJs as ESTJs, which is not cool.

Oh and one more thing I see alot of is people saying ENTJs just try to convince others to see things their way. That seems to contradict the most commonly stated ENTJ trait that they constantly seek to take in knowledge and to grow, and that they are extremely interested in other peoples ideas and thoughts.

Stop hating!

lol... well umm to make my story short, I had a friend who was entj, self proclaimed at that. He took a little argument a little too seriously, and he resorted to...rather childish tactics. He said some rude things over the internet and I have never seen him since. All in all he's a coward that couldn't even face me after a silly argument. He also knew if he disrespected me the way he did to my face he'd get bitch slapped so he had to say it over the internet and run.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Because ENTJs are pure evil.

No ifs, no buts.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
lol... well umm to make my story short, I had a friend who was entj, self proclaimed at that. He took a little argument a little too seriously, and he resorted to...rather childish tactics. He said some rude things over the internet and I have never seen him since. All in all he's a coward that couldn't even face me after a silly argument. He also knew if he disrespected me the way he did to my face he'd get bitch slapped so he had to say it over the internet and run.

Sorry you had a bad experience, but this sounds like the guy was just a dick.

How can you know that this behavior is attributable type and not to him being an immature prick?

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've had issues with ENTJs (who I know were ENTJs because they took the test). My main preference in a work/school setting is to be in charge, however, I don't mind others taking this role as long as they seem as smart or smarter than me and are not bossy/controlling/belligerent/etc. Most of the ENTJs I know seem smart enough, but they just have this condescending/bossy way about them that I do not appreciate. It makes me want to disregard what they say and completely go against it. If an ENTJ told me to stand I'd sit.
My sister is an ENTJ and we get along really well, we barely ever fight. When we do have conflicts though, it is usually because she is trying to tell me what to do (cut your hair, wear these clothes, etc.) and I almost never listen. I think she is really smart and I value her opinion but I will not listen to it if it is said in a certain manner/tone. I do not like to be condescended to. I know four ENTJs (who I know for sure are ENTJs) and I would say that this bossy condescension is ubiquitous for all four of them, but I am not so ignorant that I would label all ENTJs as being this way.

Happyman

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
So it seems like absolutely everyone on the NT forum is hating on ENTJs like we are hitler. (...) Stop hating!

You're an ENTJ for Christ's sake! Suck it up! :D
(you shouldn't even really care!)

Sounds very un-ENTJ-like. ENTJs are usually passionate debaters, but also first to admit they were wrong. And they're rather the last to have 'fear of facing' anybody.

Hitler was an ENFJ.

Yup, so they say. One of our unwanted children. ;)

It seems to be directed at all ExxJs.
Let's face it; it sucks being IxxP.

*Beavis-like-laughter*

-----

I like ENTJs a lot. They were one of my favourite types at work. They feel like colder, tougher and less 'considerate-of-peoples'-feelings' versions of myself.
(only their drive for power is pissing me off, then again, I probably have it too ;) )

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I've had issues with ENTJs (who I know were ENTJs because they took the test). My main preference in a work/school setting is to be in charge, however, I don't mind others taking this role as long as they seem as smart or smarter than me and are not bossy/controlling/belligerent/etc. Most of the ENTJs I know seem smart enough, but they just have this condescending/bossy way about them that I do not appreciate. It makes me want to disregard what they say and completely go against it. If an ENTJ told me to stand I'd sit.
My sister is an ENTJ and we get along really well, we barely ever fight. When we do have conflicts though, it is usually because she is trying to tell me what to do (cut your hair, wear these clothes, etc.) and I almost never listen. I think she is really smart and I value her opinion but I will not listen to it if it is said in a certain manner/tone. I do not like to be condescended to. I know four ENTJs (who I know for sure are ENTJs) and I would say that this bossy condescension is ubiquitous for all four of them, but I am not so ignorant that I would label all ENTJs as being this way.

The funny thing is that this is specifically why I don't pursue leadership positions initially.

I like to wait and let someone else take over, mentally judge their efficiency and effectiveness as a leader, and take over only after their way has been proven to be ineffective.

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
The funny thing is that this is specifically why I don't pursue leadership positions initially.

I like to wait and let someone else take over, mentally judge their efficiency and effectiveness as a leader, and take over only after their way has been proven to be ineffective.

You sound just like the ENTJs i know. :doh:

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
[ENTJ's are] the first to admit they were wrong.

Not the ones I know. They cannot take someone under-minding their set ways of how they think it should happen.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
ENTJs aren't as bad as ESTJs, but Te-doms are just obnoxious and annoying. We all know that. ;)

The Fieldmarshall and the Supervisor; what could be more deserving of hate?

corey_vann

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8sx
Have you ever thought of standing up to us? Speaking for myself, I respect people who are able to tell me that I am wrong, and why. There's few things that disgust me more than people who just take abuse and never stick up for themselves. As for being the first to admit I'm wrong, I have to admit it's a struggle, but if I can learn from it then why the hell not? The problem many people run into is they usually don't give sufficient reasons for why I am wrong. It usually goes something like this:

Them: You're wrong.

Me: How so?

Them: You just are.

Me: That's not good enough.

Them: You're mean.

Me: That has nothing to do with this.

Them: You're wrong.

And so on and so forth.

If you are looking to knock us down a peg or two, you have to go after our "T." Arguments based on feelings and that lack actuall evidence or fact will not be tolerated. I have an INFP friend who has become a master at this. If you do this and the supposed "ENTJ" acts immaturely, then it is because they are immature, not because they are an "ENTJ."

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ

Are you implying we are any more justified to hate ESTJs than we are ENTJs?

One of my very closest friends (possibly my best friend), is an ENTJ. I have no beef with you guys.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No idea what you're on about. ENTJs are yummy :wubbie:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Only trouble I've had socially with an ENTJ is when they get over involved in a relationship then psychologically shrivel up from isolation if their partner doesn't like leaving the house.