• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] why the ENTJ hate?!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Unbalanced and insecure E__Js can be awful to deal with, that's why.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I think a better question is what is there to love about entjs?

lane777

nevermore
Being near an ENTJ is like being near a huge tiger.

If you are on good terms with it, you really like having it around.
If you aren't on good terms with it, it is very frightening.

Overall ENTJs are good for friends, but as people you don't know or are enemies, you say your prayers.

:yes:

:wubbie: :blushing: :cheese: :unsure: :rolleyes: :smile: :blush: *repeat* :doh:

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I think that all types would have an easier time on this board if people bothered to understand them. Knowing about the MBTI, being able to converse about it and understanding it/ using it ain't the same thing.

Having spent like 32 years with one in the family I can positively state that he's no bugbear, it really does depend on their outlook. A positive ENTJ who cares what you think can almost trip over their own footsteps trying to be both efficient and nice.

Sure they're not without flaw, no type is, but an under developed INFJ (the present darling of many a conversation) is just as irritating as an under developed anything else.

Perhaps if you want to hate then hate those who can't be bothered to improve themselves, just make sure you're making every effort at the same time.

As for what's to love, the whole little teddy bear that's been left, ignored in some closet.... adorable. Like most of us NTs, if you can hug the bear that's behind the walls, sentry guns, minefields and rabid dogs then you earn quite a loyal friend.

Oh and I concur with the thinking of standing up to an ENTJ. If you're trying to beat one off their pedestal and all you bring is some weak little poky stick then just go home. Use a cannon and they tend to respect you after the recovery period. The same runs true for ENFJs. Both sort the wheat from the chaff (as do INTJs as well) and yeah it's not nice when you're classified as chaff but let's face it, if they're right then what are you complaining about and if they're wrong... prove it.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I think that all types would have an easier time on this board if people bothered to understand them. Knowing about the MBTI, being able to converse about it and understanding it/ using it ain't the same thing.

Having spent like 32 years with one in the family I can positively state that he's no bugbear, it really does depend on their outlook. A positive ENTJ who cares what you think can almost trip over their own footsteps trying to be both efficient and nice.

Sure they're not without flaw, no type is, but an under developed INFJ (the present darling of many a conversation) is just as irritating as an under developed anything else.

Perhaps if you want to hate then hate those who can't be bothered to improve themselves, just make sure you're making every effort at the same time.

As for what's to love, the whole little teddy bear that's been left, ignored in some closet.... adorable. Like most of us NTs, if you can hug the bear that's behind the walls, sentry guns, minefields and rabid dogs then you earn quite a loyal friend.

Oh and I concur with the thinking of standing up to an ENTJ. If you're trying to beat one off their pedestal and all you bring is some weak little poky stick then just go home. Use a cannon and they tend to respect you after the recovery period. The same runs true for ENFJs. Both sort the wheat from the chaff (as do INTJs as well) and yeah it's not nice when you're classified as chaff but let's face it, if they're right then what are you complaining about and if they're wrong... prove it.

:)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Like most of us NTs, if you can hug the bear that's behind the walls, sentry guns, minefields and rabid dogs then you earn quite a loyal friend.
You have such an awesome way of describing things!

I agree completely.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
You have such an awesome way of describing things!

I agree completely.
Years of practice with an ISFJ mother who just thought I was being awkward :newwink:

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
By the way, as far as it goes for me, you don't need to use any cannon to make me respect you. If you're nice/gentle/respectful/funny/friendly I will be automatically in good terms with you. Not everything in life is worth a debate.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A public service announcement:

All types are obnoxious when they're unhealthy. All types can be cool. All types can have potentially fun interactions with all other types. Nothing is impossible in that regard!

I like all the ENTJs that I've met, but I'm sure that there are obnoxious ones out there, just like there are obnoxious people and cool people of every type.

The fact that this thread even had to be made is very sad. Also, the fact that there's some obvious ESTJ hate here, even when the purpose of the thread is to confront/dispel the ENTJ hate, is very sad.

How about we all just not hate specific types, and not be so closed-minded?

Thank you for your time.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
A public service announcement:

All types are obnoxious when they're unhealthy. All types can be cool. All types can have potentially fun interactions with all other types. Nothing is impossible in that regard!

I like all the ENTJs that I've met, but I'm sure that there are obnoxious ones out there, just like there are obnoxious people and cool people of every type.

The fact that this thread even had to be made is very sad. Also, the fact that there's some obvious ESTJ hate here, even when the purpose of the thread is to confront/dispel the ENTJ hate, is very sad.

How about we all just not hate specific types, and not be so closed-minded?

Thank you for your time.

+1

It's even sadder that you had to post that. The fact that some of the stereotyping is coming from other ENTJ's s is lame.

Jaguar

I am going to start a list of the most overused words in this forum.
The first three are:

unhealthy
projecting
FAIL

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
My husband was an ENTJ and I got to keep him for 25 years - by his example I'd say ENTJs are wonderful!

:wubbie:

I agree with you Woodswoman. My ENTJ and I just had our 35th anniversary. It's hard to figure out where all the hate comes from if our husbands are any examples of the type.

:thinking:

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i have no hate towards ENTJ's...scared a bit? yes. but only by the NT. I feel unsufficient enough to even be in conversation with them :(

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I feel unsufficient enough to even be in conversation with them :(
I have SO TOTALLY had that feeling when talking to ENTJs! Especially this one I'm friends with, who's really knowledgeable about current events and global politics and economics... I feel like my brain expands just by talking to him :)

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have SO TOTALLY had that feeling when talking to ENTJs! Especially this one I'm friends with, who's really knowledgeable about current events and global politics and economics... I feel like my brain expands just by talking to him :)

:yes: oh yes, i get that "my brains growing" feeling as well. it can be good...but jeeze it sucks my joy out of the conversation especially if they arent able to put a little 'joking and light talk' in for my sake. lol.
and not because im not deep, i just dont have that brain that computes all this technical stuff. plus 2 NT's i know are really cold...its like you can feel the wind blow from their cold barreign hearts.

not ENTJ's here persay, just the one's i know IRL. snotty boogers :/

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
lol... well umm to make my story short, I had a friend who was entj, self proclaimed at that. He took a little argument a little too seriously, and he resorted to...rather childish tactics. He said some rude things over the internet and I have never seen him since. All in all he's a coward that couldn't even face me after a silly argument. He also knew if he disrespected me the way he did to my face he'd get bitch slapped so he had to say it over the internet and run.

That's why I would have problems with this type (if I knew we were talking about the same disfunctionally inclined personality). How can people be so sure of themselves like that and yet couldn't provide some evidence of so called righteousness? Being childish is cool when appropriate. I don't like assholes that's for sure.

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
Why is everyone taking things so seriously? I enjoy reading what people don't like about my type. Sometimes I recognize those things in myself and other times I don't. Obviously we don't all have the exact same personalities/weaknesses but it's interesting to learn what to look out for in ourselves to possibly work on.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't personally hate ENTJs.

I find them annoying at times because of their direct approach and lack of tact, but I'm sure they feel the same way about my subtle approach and insincerity. Let's face it, though... we're both Js, and if we both have different goals or methods in mind that we want control over, it isn't going to be pretty.

Luckily, though, ENTJs usually see the same "big picture" that I do, and don't try to push anything on us that isn't conducive to the goal. We end up differing only on method, which is much easier for me to swallow... if I know their way will get me to my goal, I'm more willing to go along with it even if I dislike it or see a way that suits myself and the group better.

Of course, if my interests are being completely neglected, I'll likely say something. And if I have any leverage at all in the situation, the ENTJ is usually smart enough to sense that, and decide that it's easier to compromise in the direction of accommodating my interests than worry about me causing trouble.

The only time you're in trouble with an ENTJ is when they're neglecting your interests completely and you have no leverage (of course, you're in trouble with MOST types at this point unless they're SUPER altruistic and compassionate, or so imperceptive that you can make them think you have leverage you don't). Then, you're pretty much screwed, and better off just leaving the group and refusing to help them out. Doesn't accomplish anything, but it allows you to feel more in control than going along with a plan that doesn't serve any of your interests (compassion is likely to prevent this and result in brooding and sloppiness, though). This is pretty much any strong EJ or TJ, though.

What would REALLY make me hate an ENTJ is if, at this point, they blackmailed me into going along with this plan that didn't serve any of my interests (or rather, having to do something specifically to stop THEM from choosing to harm an interest of mine rather than to stop a neutral force from harming it, or to gain something). Then I would feel very broken and disgusted. These are probably the ENTJs that give the rest of them a bad name, and I doubt most of them are like that. This is the point where I hold the individual accountable rather than the type. It would really be rather stupid and uncharacteristic, too, because in the long run, I'm likely to seek revenge... so it's kind of stupid to assume that just because I can't do anything to them NOW, doesn't mean I won't be able to do anything to them LATER. It would basically mean they weren't using any Ni, and were stuck on Te-Se.