• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] why the ENTJ hate?!

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I have more Te motivations than Fe motivations in the Socionics system. In MBTI I'm definitely Fe although of the less fluffy variety.

And I find this fits in with my query about indirect/direct communication by the nature of complaints against ENTJs. I think most of the people on this forum are indirect communicators and direct communication tends to rub them the wrong way.

How can people be rubbed the wrong way by the truth?

I'm just curious because my logical brain can't understand this.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There wasn't anything wrong with your post.
I quoted you because of that other thread you posted in, about no one quoting you.
I didn't think you would forget so quickly. :newwink:

unless this is tongue in cheek, it's the other thread that I *was* referring to! I knew that's why you just quoted me! durr. ;)

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
How can people be rubbed the wrong way by the truth?

I'm just curious because my logical brain can't understand this.

Most people would like truth presented during a five course meal, preferably after the main course so they don't lose their appetite.

It's about presentation and refraining from eliciting feelings of ineptness. I think direct communicators often come across as talking down to people or bossing people around. I'm sure you've encountered people who have told you to do something rather than asking you to do something, people that say "Come here" rather than "Can you come here for a minute?" Then you've got tone, motivation/intent, and perception all mixed into it. People get prickly. Is the prickliness justified? Sometimes yes and sometimes no.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I can definitely understand this.

It's just annoying that people read sooooo much into every nuance of every syllable that leaves my mouth.
However, I draw the line at being forced to dance on eggshells for people.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
So many people hate God, too, so...

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Who cares?

They can take the hate.

Usually deserve it too.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
ENTJs don't run away from people in straight-jackets.

The fact that you actually give a shit, makes me wonder if you're ENTJ.

they run away from people who can kick their ass though.

and how many posts do you got here so far? you seem to be giving the most shit out of all the entjs.

Aside from Jaguar, I havn't really been too negative towards the other entjs, but as far as in real life, that was the only entj I knew, and he didn't give me a good impression in the end, we were friends and he was cool but he just freaked out when I presented facts in the debate he couldn't "debunk".

Kind of like Jaguar freaking out about this...
all_seeing_eye.jpg

masonic_demonism.gif

George Washington's masonic apron
george+washingtons+masonic+apron.jpg

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I can definitely understand this.

It's just annoying that people read sooooo much into every nuance of every syllable that leaves my mouth.
However, I draw the line at being forced to dance on eggshells for people.

Once again, I find this relative although I agree with you generally. You can kind of figure out the people you're around whom you can be blunter with and those who you need to be more gentle with. The best thing that I've found is to find a norm. The words often don't have to change very much, just delivery.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Being near an ENTJ is like being near a huge tiger.

If you are on good terms with it, you really like having it around.
If you aren't on good terms with it, it is very frightening.

Overall ENTJs are good for friends, but as people you don't know or are enemies, you say your prayers.

Jaguar

and how many posts do you got here so far? you seem to be giving the most shit out of all the entjs.

The majority of my posts in this thread have nothing to do with ENTJ.
In addition, I don't even have a type listed.
The entire system is flawed.

Your problem with me has nothing to do with type.
Your problem with me is, I make fun of your inane conspiracy theories.

What paranoid crap are you going to post next?

208.gif

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
The majority of my posts in this thread have nothing to do with ENTJ.
In addition, I don't even have a type listed.
The entire system is flawed.

Your problem with me has nothing to do with type.
Your problem with me is, I make fun of your inane conspiracy theories.

What paranoid crap are you going to post next?

you're right I do have a problem with your reaction, your behavior becomes reduced to that of a child, these are plain facts, and yet you refer to it as theory? just look at your dollar bill idiot... and it's obvious you are an entj hahaha.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
you're right I do have a problem with your reaction, your behavior becomes reduced to that of a child, these are plain facts, and yet you refer to it as theory? just look at your dollar bill idiot... and it's obvious you are an entj hahaha.

The use of masonic symbols on the dollar (and in various other places in gov't) means exactly what?

If this is the best evidence you have of an overarching masonic plot to take over, you obviously watch too much history channel.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I respect ENTJs. If I were to be reincarnated as any type, I'd probably pick ENTJ.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I respect ENTJs. If I were to be reincarnated as any type, I'd probably pick ENTJ.

They definitely seem able to get things done. Every ENTJ I've ever known is super diligent and hard-working. They seem to have this ability to acquire respect in the workplace like few others types, though if they are too hard-driving they can also turn people off.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Are you implying we are any more justified to hate ESTJs than we are ENTJs?

One of my very closest friends (possibly my best friend), is an ENTJ. I have no beef with you guys.

No I am flat out SAYING, not implying, that you describe us as ESTJs when you ignore our Ni by saying we are unimaginative and not interested in new ideas