• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] why the ENTJ hate?!

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok, so I'll add that one accepted an anonymous check that came in the mail and deposited it in our collective rent account which she was in charge of. This got the account locked on her after the rest of us put our money in and just before the rent was due. I attribute it mostly to her being young and still lacking much wisdom though, as she was only 21 at the time.

sunset5678

MBTI Type
XNTJ
Sometimes people are afraid of me because even though I'm often described
as outgoing, pleasant and as having a positve attitude, but I learned at a yo-
ung age that people will brainwash you into believing that you are happy with
things that they really wanted for you, and selfishly, the credit for.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Why...

I think there is a big difference between real and imaginary/historic ENTJs.

If you don't know someone personally (like it is for imaginary or historic ones), you're going to have a very crude, black-and-white view. You see the stereotype. Actually, I was trying to find a "good" and a "bad" example of every type...
The "total ENTJ" *is* intimidating. I think that's his main flaw. But hey, the other types have their flaws too... (I'm trying to picture them in the cartoons, too. Until now, you've seen the killjoy ESTJ and a bit of the overbearing ENTJ. The page I'm working on now even features ENTJ asking for advice - and I can totally see him doing that.)

The strange thing is that people would hate ENTJs for being perfect and always right, calling them arrogant and intimidating. But this is a flaw, making them flawed and thus not perfect at all! I would have difficulties liking a perfect human, being flawed myself, but I guess I'm able to like the flawed ENTJ just as the others. (Well, maybe that's just me, but I like everyone until they prove they are not worth it.)

I'm not really sure, but I think my father-in-law is an ENTJ... enjoys school and church commitees, for crying out loud! And I love him :D He's a real person though! He is my father-in-law and not any old ENTJ. Real people are always a mixture. Just take time to know them.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
I don't really directly have any problems with ENTJ's, I mean we obviously have alot in common.

It's just... J's in general tend to give me that sense of...

cheez_doing_it_wrong.jpg

All types are both good and bad, it depends on whether they've been healthily developed or not. Everyone can smooth out their rough edges, just not everyone actually DOES.

That being said, there are some moderately common traits... things like efficiency I agree with. Things like the average ENTJ's complete detachment from anyone else's feelings I'm not so fond of. I know I'm not much better myself but at least I *TRY* to accommodate people to a degree.

The generally common heavyhanded approaches to things, and forceful attitude would irk me a bit I'm sure, but then again, that's just from reading the definition of ENTJ and listening to other people's reports about them. I don't think I really know any, or if I do, I don't interact with them enough to notice.

As such, I can't fully pass judgement, but I do think that in some ways I'd tollerate them, but there'd probably always be that nagging sense of them just 'not quite getting it'. That generally tends to go for most J's though I've found, with rare exceptions.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's interesting though..I find that although ENTJs can indeed be in a way heavyhanded with people when on a mission, it's rarely personal and they're just trying to get things done. And it shows. Hence, I tend to not be offended by that. I've also found that if you get them away from their mission or join them in their 'victory drink' after the mission has been completed, they become quite a different person. They're very much enjoyable and personal then :)

Unique

EJs simply don't understand how insignificant they really are in the big picture and therefore think things actually matter, we should feel happy for them

Disclaimer: Is semi joking

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
EJs simply don't understand how insignificant they really are in the big picture and therefore think things actually matter, we should feel happy for them

Ehhh .. As an EJ, i am well aware just how insignificant i am, lol. Thank you. ;)

I think for things to not matter would result in a pretty meaningless existence.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9

For me to agree with this, I would first have to believe that anyone is insignificant.

Felix

MBTI Type
INxJ
The ENTJ's I have met generally were quite arrogant, so it could cause a problem for the more sensitive types. But I do find them to be quite incredible people who do have my respect.

Jaguar

People hate ENTJs for one simple reason,

They fear they will lose their sense of self in our presence.

You know TG, at first I was irritated when an ENTP like yourself began pretending to be ENTJ to get a "different perspective," as you once called it.
But when you make such obvious trolling remarks as you just did, just to see what the response will be, I now laugh that an alleged ENTJ actually agreed with you.
It illustrates why typing-and stereotyping-people, can be so ridiculous. Seriously, you have to love the gullibility of it all.

Keep up the "good work." :newwink:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ultimative entj song, starts at 0:44 min :D

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOtHzszD2yI"]:D[/YOUTUBE]

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ

Quoted for semi stupidity then.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
So it seems like absolutely everyone on the NT forum is hating on ENTJs like we are hitler.

I've seen some seriously offensive shit here along the lines of
- uninteresting
- not friendly
- controlling
- closed minded

Where is this coming from? Have you met some super assholes in your life that youve labelled as ENTJs? Do you just assume when you see this kind of behaviour that the person is an ENTJ? I seem to find that alot of you describe ENTJs as ESTJs, which is not cool.

Oh and one more thing I see alot of is people saying ENTJs just try to convince others to see things their way. That seems to contradict the most commonly stated ENTJ trait that they constantly seek to take in knowledge and to grow, and that they are extremely interested in other peoples ideas and thoughts.

Stop hating!

Hmm, I dunno I like ENTJs my mentor is an ENTJ and he is quite successful and quite generous. Very helpful.

Kambro

MBTI Type
INTX
Enneagram
5w6?
I like ENTJs too. My current girlcrush is an ENTJ colleague and she's the greatest.

We had drinks twice after work on accident and I was surprised at the instant rapport. And she's not a bitch.

What type are u if I may ask because I also ended by accident having supper with an ENTJ and it was amazing the rapport.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Crazy isn't it, how many people say "well someone I knew/know who's X-type was blah blah blah" as a reason for total prejudice against anyone else that either self-identifies as that type, or that they theorize themselves to be it. Like, well, I had an experience of something so that totally justifies my prejudice.

Can you imagine if I said "well I knew this guy with red hair and he was a dick, so I now can't stand anyone with red hair"? Or if a black guy living in Botswana said "I only know 4 white people and they're all criminals, so I hate white people and would never trust them"?

It's like someone I knew who converted to Christianity from Islam. The pastor of her church himself said "well we had a couple of Muslim converts before, but they ended up going back to Islam in the end because of pressure from their family. Arabs make bad Christians, I try to discourage them these days."

And yet red hair, being white and professing a religion are all observable facts - MBTI isn't even that!

Outrageous. I don't give a shit how many assholes you've known or what their types were (or what you supposed them to be). It doesn't make it right to judge everyone else you meet who has any coincidental similarity to that person as guilty until proven innocent. Mind you, I wouldn't say meeting people with good qualities would be a reason to automatically lay out a red carpet for anyone else who resembles them in any way, so all the "I love N-type because the one I know is my best pal" stuff is just as tedious.

And I know I've done it myself too, for which I apologize.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Outrageous. I don't give a shit how many assholes you've known or what their types were (or what you supposed them to be). It doesn't make it right to judge everyone else you meet who has any coincidental similarity to that person as guilty until proven innocent.

Then why are you always dumping on INFJs and ENFJs whenever you get the chance? Just saying, I'm surprised to hear this from you, and dare I say it seems a bit hypocritical.

Kambro

MBTI Type
INTX
Enneagram
5w6?
Ultimative entj song, starts at 0:44 min :D

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOtHzszD2yI"]:D[/YOUTUBE]

Sorry for being a bit slow but how does the song reflect ENTJ's?

Pure Imagination does reflect INTJ's - especially love the version by Electro Blue but this for ENTJ's?