• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Younger INTPs: Prone to sulking?

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
I will certainly do that!

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
I sulked/sulk a hell of a whole lot when I would start to think that I wasn't "good enough" compared to the others around me. In high school, it was other students, and in college, it was any figment of my imagination that I could conceivably construct as a better girlfriend for my boyfriend, lol. /lame girl problems

I would always put whoever it was on a pedestal and mourn the fact that I'd never be as good as them, hate myself a little, then experience a tranquil state of acceptance, and a resolve to make sure I did the best that I could as the miserable human being that I was. Often times, these periods of strife were accompanied by the deadline of a class project or major paper that I had yet to do. After thinking about it some time, and taking into consideration the times when it occurred, I realized it was a combination of stress and procrastination.

I remained a notorious underachiever in high school, however.

Lazy INTP problems.

zelo1954

ISFJophile
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Yes I sulked in my younger days when I didn't get my own way. I'm glad this thread has come up though because it's prompted me to realise I no longer do - and probably haven't for many years. It's one of the hardest things in life - coming to terms with that awful realisation that you are the only person in the world with your exact set of priorities. But, until you do, life will be a misery indeed. Do INTPs take longer than the rest of the population to grow up - or is it a general IN thing?

Fourplay

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
I don't sulk.

I just get even.

I am best when things are chaotic or feel the world is against me. Although I wouldn't like to consciously admit it but a bit if turmoil and despair does me good as then I feel I have nothing to lose again. Otherwise, I am usually consumed by my own arrogance that I do things spectacularly mediocre.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
If sulking = withdrawing, then certainly. It's not for the purpose of punishing the other person, that's just a beneficial side effect. :D More often, I genuinely want to have as little as possible to do with the person, and don't care if I convey it in my withdrawal. I'm not as invested in connecting.

Fourplay

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Is this withdrawing apart of the ENTP personality description as well?

BeBe

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do the passive-aggressive thing but I started to realize how badly it affected the people I care about so I've started to scale it back. I'm a 7w6 on the Enneagram so I don't like negative feeling (apparently) so the sulking usually lasts 1-2 hours. I have better things to do and think about than feeling bad about someone or something. It's sometimes unconscious to be passive-aggressive but I try to catch it before it gets too bad and force myself to converse with the person. It helps to forget what upset me in the first place, unless they do it again...

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Isn't sulking part of....well any personality?

I suppose it could affect INTP's more but ive not noticed it, but that would just be my conjecture of course.

Hildur

MBTI Type
INTP
If sulking = withdrawing, then certainly. It's not for the purpose of punishing the other person, that's just a beneficial side effect. :D More often, I genuinely want to have as little as possible to do with the person, and don't care if I convey it in my withdrawal. I'm not as invested in connecting.

Totally true. Except I refuse to call it sulking. Sulking sounds more like sitting in your chamber endlessly muttering about the person/situation who hurt/annoyed you, while what you're actually doing is trying to get rid of that person/situation both physically and in your mind. To me, withdrawing is like taking a mental shower - trying to get back to the real you and clean off the shit that others try to throw on you.

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think it's just an INTP thing. I think a lot of withdrawn/& introverted types do it and I think IXXP types are more prone to it than those of other MB types.

I used to be guilty of it. I think i still do it but to a lesser extent, and a lot of times it's an automatic reaction.

Hildur

MBTI Type
INTP
Come to think of it I think I withdraw even when I'm with other people. Just mentally. Or maybe it's just me being slightly scizo, one of us keep making conversation while the others retreats to our inner sanctuary. And then we can switch places after a while, take shifts in dealing with boring people...

Edit: I really shouldn't even utter myself in this thread, I'm certainly not "younger"...