• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Demystifying the INTP "charisma"

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
Yeah this basically describes me when I'm at my best and the kinda person I want to be more often. Well except for the flirtation skills :huh:. I'm very laid-back with people and I don't do the whole NT thing, rather I generally expand on what they said that I agree with and ignore what I think is incorrect. Well most of the time ;).

I think ENFPs are the best teachers for INTPs regarding flirting. They flirt differently. Kinda like putting their charming child-like traits at the forefront. Not your stereotypical jerk/a$$hole kind of flirting. Weird, but somehow works.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I think ENFPs are the best teachers for INTPs regarding flirting. They flirt differently. Kinda like putting their charming child-like traits at the forefront. Not your stereotypical jerk/a$$hole kind of flirting. Weird, but somehow works.
Oddly enough I learned from ENFJs and ENTJs. The ENFP way always looked far too needy for me, the whole Machiavellian "I'm going to say this and I know what you're thinking" suits me much better. Kind of evil flirting but with humour...

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
The way I see it...

ENFP = flirting prodigy
ENFJ = flirting veteran

For INTPs who have just been learning the fundamentals of socializing, I think ENFPs are better at start-up. I think they value their close friends better. ENFJs cater to a lot of people. A lot.

Personally, I used to be clingy when the people I knew were fewer, I only learned to have preferences when I got to know more people.

It's hard to be clingy to an ENFJ if you don't have enough maturity to comprehend their social life. But in advanced flirtation training, they;re good though. :)

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
The way I see it...

ENFP = flirting prodigy
ENFJ = flirting veteran

For INTPs who have just been learning the fundamentals of socializing, I think ENFPs are better at start-up. I think they value their close friends better. ENFJs cater to a lot of people. A lot.

Personally, I used to be clingy when the people I knew were fewer, I only learned to have preferences when I got to know more people.

It's hard to be clingy to an ENFJ if you don't have enough maturity to comprehend their social life. But in advanced flirtation training, they;re good though. :)
:rofl1: Me thinks my ENFP friend would object somewhat to being referred to as a trainee ENFJ :devil:

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'd say I'm both a likeable and hateable INTP, mainly. I'd say that with my only (1 or 2) friends I'm a likeable one. The real thing is that I just don't let ANYBODY in, I don't really start up conversations with people I don't know. For me, the idea of talking to a stranger is as weird as eating a chocolate-coated pickle on the 29th of February while sitting in a tub of orange juice and having two model airplanes up your nose.

I guess I just bounce everyone around me back, unless I already know them. I was much less I as a child, but grew into being a very extreme I.

Priori

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Oddly enough I learned from ENFJs and ENTJs. The ENFP way always looked far too needy for me, the whole Machiavellian "I'm going to say this and I know what you're thinking" suits me much better. Kind of evil flirting but with humour...

I learned from an ENFJ too - or rather she was my inspiration for learning as much as she was my teacher.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
intps are occasionally enneagram 3s in addition to the wider contingency of 5s, no? my take is that the 5s are very very stubborn and the 3s want to play social games that others find valuable, bc the sense of achievement within those games helps them feel shored up, valuable, purposeful, etc.

whereas 5s just want to feel like a supergenius, they are less behind-the-scenes and more "i need to be in-charge" like entjs. intps who are responsive and calm do work social situations far better, it is a much better and more natural use of their skills. when they want to be 8s bc they're 5s with a god-complex, their social ability starts breaking down.

even the 3s, tho, show very strong holes in "social charisma." they're just really fucking well-argued and well-defended, so you have to give them credit and recognize that they have their shit worked out most of the time. perhaps less than charisma they're just really fucking good at picking up the way the game is played and playing it well. they like all serious Ti folks love the challenge.

and that mostly they are more ok with doing something that fulfills the needs of a larger sphere rather than just focusing on their own, even if they are just as focused on/solely focused on their own success and self-perception (3w4 esp). but that can be better than e5 total self-absorption, depending on the approach and similarity of interests between the people. my best intp friend is a 5w4 and it gives us enough to talk about for years and years. the need for iconoclasm is like the foundation.

Priori

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
perhaps less than charisma they're just really fucking good at picking up the way the game is played and playing it well. they like all serious Ti folks love the challenge.

I'm not sure how much weight I put into ennagrams, but this is an interesting observation. I've recently started watching the show Dexter and I found my self strongly relating to the character. Not that I'm a sociopath; I do feel empathy, sympathy and love - but I spent a lot of time studying communication and rapport building techniques from a wide variety of sources because I severely lacked skills that felt like they should be instinct. As a result of these studies I've become considerably more "charismatic" than I was seven years ago. But it's a lot of work - very draining, except when concerning the previously mentioned ENFJ.

MBTI Type
INxJ
OkAY, ENTJs do not think they are godly.

KTHX.

Many of them do though.

OP: I've been quite taken with flirtations from a few older INTPs over the years. I think they get more confident as they age. They're the pleasant surprise, and highly underrated in the world of dating.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
For me, the idea of talking to a stranger is as weird as eating a chocolate-coated pickle on the 29th of February while sitting in a tub of orange juice and having two model airplanes up your nose./QUOTE]
Well, when else are you going to live out your fantasies? If you live it out on the 29th of February, you can rest assured that it was special enough that it can't be repeated every year.

I really should schedule more social engagements for the 29th. It would be nice only have to do them once every four years. More months should have these "one day every once in a few years" things. My relatives should also happen to be born on these given days.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Notice in INTPs "presence" and sometime "coquettishness" perhaps this is seen as/confused for/is an element of...charisma.