• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP as a nano-engineer?

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Nanoengineering is just the manipulation of things at the nanoscale, so basically manipulation of individual atoms. There are a whole bunch of different fields you could work in it for, like electronics, materials, medecine, devices or anything, but the idea is that youre basically trying to change the properties of the material by focusing on the atomic scale.

kool. So you could get into that field through just about any other science field?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
There is a new branch in mechanical engineering in my university growing into the direction of nano-engineering aswell and I thought about taking some courses.

But research work ? Hmhmhm, I hate labs :D

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
kool. So you could get into that field through just about any other science field?

I don't think so, there are tons of universities that have nanoengineering as a specific program on its own, or as a specialization of another program in engineering. I don't know where else one would find it.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
You will find research of this nature in the fields of chemistry, biochemistry, biology, physics, medical technology, and their related engineering disciplines like materials science and chemical/biochemical engineering. There has also been some interest from the environmental science people, in assessing the impact of nanotechnology on the environment.