• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ENTPs sound intelligent, INTPs sound boring...

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I noticed today that I use my hands when I talk soooooooo much, and raise my eyebrows a lot (and also tilt my head forward and look people in the eyes, which is probably why I find it hard to engage more than a few people), and probably look quite excited. That has nothing to do with intelligence at all.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
Moreso than Ti, yes. If an NTP really wants to master the art of appearing friendly, Fe should be a big part of the approach, but...lacking that, Ne works much better toward this end than Ti.

Ti = Information
Ne = Présentation
Fe = Emotional masturbation?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Don't ask for it ! :D

bla27zo.jpg

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Last week I was in a party and there was this entp man discussing theories with everyone (even with those cleary uninterested). Although he was a little boring with his theories sometimes, everyone saw him as the charming life of the party and was paying attention to what he was saying.
I tried to do the same and the best I could get was a "things are the way they are and there is nothing we can do about it".
What is this charm about entps?

'Cause we can juggle 9 things in our mind while talking enthusiastically about one and include the other interesting ideas too.

S

Society

Last week I was in a party and there was this entp man discussing theories with everyone (even with those cleary uninterested). Although he was a little boring with his theories sometimes, everyone saw him as the charming life of the party and was paying attention to what he was saying.
I tried to do the same and the best I could get was a "things are the way they are and there is nothing we can do about it".
there's no reason you can't do it too: you have Ne, you have Fe, just put your Ti down for a bit and practice coming up with different ways of conveying ideas to different people. don't get scared if they loose interest, just don't get lost in the idea, f they loose interest just try something else until you learn to pick up on what engages them, and for god's sake listen to what they have to say, learn what sparks their interest.

if your talking about 3D printers to a football fan and some people who are into politics, sometimes you need to say "fuck it" with your original line of how they revolutionize prototyping and save millions for startup companies, and instead talk about how it will increase national economic independence and throw in a joke about combining it with an OLED printer to watch football on toilet paper rolls while your taking a dump.

maybe practice with ideas that don't matter much to you until you own the skill so that you aren't carried over by the idea and get to focus more on the people.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I'm often concerned that I come across as boring to others. Sometimes I wonder what I have to offer conversation wise. There are a select few topics I know alot about but these things don't interest most people. ENTPs seem more in touch with popular culture and topics of greater interest to more people. ENTPs do enjoy intellectual discussion though. Maybe its because their Ne and Fe are in stronger positions compared to INTPs and that makes them more charming and engaging conversationalists.

Even in intellectual discussions, I feel outdone by ENTPs. I think ENTPs being Ne dominant are better at coming up with witty responses on their feet and just being quicker to respond. Sometimes by the time I think about what I want to say and how to best say it, that topic is no longer being discussed. For theoretical topics ENTPs seem to have the advantage of adding pizzaz to it so that the layperson is also interested. INTPs tend to err in being overly technical and that can turn some people off.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
We gotta keep this thread going.

My ego is so stroked right now. Yow.

gmanyo

sswwwaagggg
MBTI Type
ENTP
I know, I love this topic.

I think in general ENTPs are better at coming up with multiple ideas and theories. I think they're also better at abandoning ideas that they realize aren't good (it seems like ENFPs and ENTPs are the most likely to go "oh, actually, you're right, never mind" in an argument). But an ENTPs ideas will never be as well developed as an INTPs ideas. ENTPs aren't able to stay on one idea long enough to work out the details. This makes them fun to talk to, because they'll keep switching things up, and fleshing out ideas doesn't matter when you're just entertaining people. ENTPs can also be manipulative, and are good at rallying people to a cause.

One of my problems in discussions is that as conversations evolve I'll think of too many things to be able to say, especially with other people distracting me with new points and ideas. My INTP friend does this too. Our discussions can go on for hours and involve many pop culture references; I think, though, that this is because he is somewhat E, and thinks he has many ENTP strengths and INTP weaknesses. He can often be insulting in an argument.

If you get an ENTP and an ENFP in an intellectual discussion it can go on for hours and will cover a wildly overwhelming number of topics in short periods of time.

Unperson

MBTI Type
ENTP
If you get an ENTP and an ENFP in an intellectual discussion it can go on for hours and will cover a wildly overwhelming number of topics in short periods of time.

Contrast: my ENFJ friend doesn't like to be jumpy with intellectual discussion. I try my best to stay on topic with him, but I don't believe it works so well. And I can't deal with his discussing Latin for the life of me.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nothing as boring as an ENTP who won't STFU.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
True intelligence sounds boring to stupid people.

fripping

MBTI Type
nerd
/\/\/\ being intelligent is no inoculation against being boring. not talking for weeks at a time doesn't light some people's fire.

KDude

Intelligence never bores me, but there are times when it's truly foreign. I'm simultaneously humbled and then impaired, just listening to them. Then I get angry. "ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! Do you speak it?!"

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Being charming in a discussion actually means that you try to keep the discussion attached to your subject. So when speaking to 5 people, who find your topic boring, you'll every 3 seconds encouter someone who tries to derail or who doesnt understand a thing. then you need to direct them back to your topic, not forcefully, but you need to quickly improvise and catch them before you loose them. That way when the first resistance is broken in the end everybody will listen to you for as long as they can take it. but for that moment you have their undivided attention and can get all your ideas thru.

the problem is it is intensely draining on energy and demands a lot from you. After discussions like that I am exhausted almost burnt out. Therefore I keep silent most of the times and dont try to attract any attention at all. Because I know those people aint intrested in my things either way.