• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ENTPs sound intelligent, INTPs sound boring...

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
For me its because i talk to you without asking and i expect you to do the same if your intrested.

I don't understand... You walk up to someone and start talking? Either way, conversations happen between 2 or more people - lectures are what I get from INTPs, not conversations.

Are you sure its not only that they forgot to say everything because they get too involved explaining the details? If you are sure about that, are you sure its what more than one intp does?

I agree with this - I've never known an INTP to skimp on the details.

Qre:us

I am always acutely aware of how I am being received. If I notice someone glance away for even a second, I speed up the explanation, change the subject or inject something humorous in to draw everyone back in and get everyone commenting and talking back.

This is very, very true for me, I am very aware of picking up non-verbal cues from others, and shifts in dynamics of a group....I know when someone is getting bored, or 'humouring' me.

And, I stop, cuz it feels like wasted breath and bullshit social niceties, so I'll try another way of presenting my material. There's a 1000 and 1 ways to present something, and the more ways you can accurately do so, the deeper the understanding you have of the topic. And the curiosity in the knowledge is too much for me to hold - I must share.

While my INTP friend is just.........dry. He knows what he knows and that's that. He has a monotone and it's the same with the presentation of the topic, and thus, the resulting engagement in the topic is also the same theme - dry. Drought. I feel parched at the end, like, I need water as my mouth has turned to cotton after that long of inaction.

My brain too, a bit.......cuz I think the best way to stimulate the brain [others, audience] is active engagement, not passive transfer of knowledge, which is the diff. b/w the ENTP way and the INTP way. Lead with Ne versus Ti.

If the topic is already an interest of mine, I have to put in conscious effort to 'pay attention' when my INTP friend speaks, and I'm always glad after, cuz he speaks to such depth and precision on the topic....but it's an active EFFORT to pay attention. :sleeping: While, when I may present on the topic, my way promotes active ENGAGEMENT. (basically, ENTPs 'care' about the audience, INTPs don't)

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
You'd think that with Fe ranking 4th in the INTP's functions that we would end up noticing emotional cues... but alas I'm going to hypothesize that since most INTPs one will encounter are males, that their emotional intelligence has been stunted by societal expectation.

ENTPs come off better to people because of their extroversion. People know where they stand because they are forthcoming in a social environment. Sadly, introverted thinkers confuse people by not sending out relational signals, and people will end up wondering if the IxTx likes/hates them.

Jaguar

lectures are what I get from INTPs, not conversations.

Most ENTPs don't have conversations, they have debates.
I bet they debate themselves in the mirror, when they get desperate for attention.

Silly_Siren

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Silly_Siren said:
INTP's don't compromise and cater to their audience. Sometimes this makes them the most interesting type to listen to, and sometimes they just lose their audience and get wrapped up in themselves. They are very intellectually self-indulgent. They usually fail to see this and will dismiss their bored audience as stupid. But at least they don't water down their message.

The simple solution to this problem is for the audience to be smarter.

Unfortunately, no. The answer would be to be interested in the things the INTP is interested in. I don't like math, but I am better at math than some people who like it. Interest does not necessarily indicate skill. It's like confusing Myers-Briggs for abilities instead of preferences. But thank you for proving my point.

R

Riva

ENTPs don't just SOUND intelligent, they are intelligent.

Whoever made this personality type thing said it on several occasions that ENTPs are the smartest type.

kathara

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
ENTPs don't just SOUND intelligent, they are intelligent.

Whoever made this personality type thing said it on several occasions that ENTPs are the smartest type.

Sorry, but an I is smarter than an E.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
ENTP's have a more developed Fe to better shmooze the audience with.

*feeds the flames*

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
If the topic is already an interest of mine, I have to put in conscious effort to 'pay attention' when my INTP friend speaks, and I'm always glad after, cuz he speaks to such depth and precision on the topic....but it's an active EFFORT to pay attention. :sleeping: While, when I may present on the topic, my way promotes active ENGAGEMENT. (basically, ENTPs 'care' about the audience, INTPs don't)

My bf is nowhere near dry, at least for me, but I always tell him that I fall asleep simply because I am trying so hard to pay attention and remember all the details. I wonder why saying so many details is necessary... It is truly exhausting at times. But he's gotten so much more receptive to me asking clarifying questions to sum it all up, so we're making strides.

Most ENTPs don't have conversations, they have debates.

Hahaha, are you trying to bait me into a debate so you can prove your point?

Whenever an ENTP has a conversation, people call it a debate. I never quite understood that. I should start a thread about what qualifies as a debate and what qualifies as a conversation, if I ever find the motivation to do so.

Qre:us

Whenever an ENTP has a conversation, people call it a debate. I never quite understood that. I should start a thread about what qualifies as a debate and what qualifies as a conversation, if I ever find the motivation to do so.

Nah, he has a stick up his ass which is apparent when he bends at ENTPs in particular, cuz ENTPs can troll better than him, AND, they do it to upstage him, for fun, while he does it as *serious business*. :cry:

Try selling him a bridge.

slant

MBTI Type
TOTO
If someone thinks that an ENTP is more entertaining than an INTP, they must not have met a depressed INTP before.

Jaguar

To be frank, you are not one I include in the bunch. (Hence my using the word "most," but not all.)
I don't really see you engaging in that obnoxious behavior like many others in this forum.
There's a sense of fairness in many of your posts.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some ENTPs sound intelligent and some are very intelligent (emphasis on some, because others just seem a little loopy, and not in a good way). Their ability to convey ideas and captivate their audience is unparalleled. The only problem is when the ENTP doesn't have all or even most of the facts on whatever topic they're discussing, and it is readily apparent to those who are familiar with the topic and/or are very perceptive. They just use Ne to BS through holes in their explanations, and use it some more if anyone notices and questions them on it.

Now the INTP may sound very boring, but they usually have every detail worked out entirely and could expound on any minutiae a person could ask them about. So it is information vs. presentation (not that it necessarily has to be, but in those cases where the above applies).

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
They just use Ne to BS through holes in their explanations, and use it some more if anyone notices and questions them on it.
I don't see how its bs if you relate one thing to another. As long as the patterns match it can be a fit conceptually speaking