• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Lazy INTJ

Glass Forest

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't think I'm lazy, I just procrastinate until the very end when time is running out. Then, I start working and finish at the last minute...and my work is superb, more organized, and is superior to all the other people around me (who have worked on it for days). I've come to a point in my life, where I've realized that if I start early, I will work on it for days until I think perfection has been achieved (which only happens at the last minute when the deadline has arrived). So, I start late and finish on time and still performed in a way that I am satisfied with.

Although, sometimes I wish I could start early and finish early, because I always keep thinking about some assignment or something until it's done...its always in the back of my head...I plan continuously. If it's something I really really enjoy doing then I might start early and if it's something I hate doing, I start as late as possible.

So, having a deadline attached to something is a major factor.

Incredible. I am exactly the same way. Did a 3 month assignment by pulling an all nighter, starting at 9pm and did decently, though i know i could have done much better if i took more time.

I always procrastinate and i would say im lazy. Though i do work in bursts eg the all nighter. When i have holidays i generally just chill on the computer, watch movies and play videogames rather than anything productive and it doesnt bother me. If i absolutely need to do something, i wont do it.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Being on TypoC instead of doing something more challenging that I actually need to get done.
Maybe this is what you need to get done. Unless you're avoiding something that's jeopardizing your immediate subsistence, then I don't think you're being "lazy." If that were the case, however, then one could make an argument that you're being stupid, but certainly not lazy.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Maybe this is what you need to get done. Unless you're avoiding something that's jeopardizing your immediate subsistence, then I don't think you're being "lazy." If that were the case, however, then one could make an argument that you're being stupid, but certainly not lazy.

Well sir, I see what you mean. And I can only say that by my own subjective standards of lazy, I am being exactly that.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Mine admits to being efficient for the sheer purpose of laziness. If you're good at what you do and do it right, then you can prevent ever having to do it again, which means you get more time to be lazy, is his motto.

Heh, I'm guilty of this mentality as well.

Though I'd say in general, I appear to be much more lazy than I actually am. I'm kind of bad with procrastination, and I'm fairly bad at focusing on things that I should be doing (but have no particular interest in), though when I'm motivated, I can surprise people. There's also the fact that I like getting lost in my thoughts, which to the average person can seem like I'm sitting around doing nothing.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
We just don't work for the sake of working. Momentum helps keep us going, but we really need something to work towards at all times. In the absence of that we develop problems.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
We just don't work for the sake of working. Momentum helps keep us going, but we really need something to work towards at all times. In the absence of that we develop problems.

It's true, I can't figure out what I want (to work towards) and just look at me!

R

Riva

What does that mean, exactly?

Who's determining what is a waste of time? And name a situation where I'm wasting time and being lazy.

You know you give a shitton of lazy vibes all the time.

Seriously man.

edit-

And making all these 'how do you define lazy' comments only proves my point.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
I'll have to take your word on that since I have no idea what point you are attempting to make.

Cranky

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I don't consider myself lazy when my thoughts wonder off for hours and I forget to even turn on the lights when it gets dark. Those can be inspiring hours.

Naturally I try to put off things I don't like to do, doesn't anyone?

Under heavy stress I tend to paralyse. If there are to many things I MUST do, I don't do any of them. I can put off things until after I get in trouble. I letting time pass by thinking: 'ohh I stil have a day.... ohh I still have tonight.... ohh I should have done that yesterday, ohh I will repair that tomorrow, ohh they won't ask for that for at least another week, ohh shit! now I am in trouble!!!' After which point I start running to fix things.
But I don't think I am lazy.

I do this.

R

Riva

You know you give a shitton of lazy vibes all the time.

Seriously man.

edit-

And making all these 'how do you define lazy' comments only proves my point.

I'll have to take your word on that since I have no idea what point you are attempting to make.

Let me edit it for you.

You sound lazy to whomever reads your posts.

And making all these excuses ...........

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've never found a post with an INTJ who admit he is lazy.
Are INTJs absolutely not lazy or they persuade themselves they are not lazy, even if they are underachiever (and many intjs are)?

Or maybe it's not "pure laziness", but they are melanchonic types, so if they are often self-absorbed in their intuition and they don't put their insight into reality, an external observer could think they are lazy.

What are your thoughts and experience?
Thanks.

You'll never find an INTJ that admits any weakness.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

It think that this is just a stereotype. Since at some point hiding becomes counter-productive. Plus most people can figure out when something is clearly wrong.

But what you will hardly find is an INTJ that admits weaknesess that aren't obvious. (especially if it is not a big deal)

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
Except in the area of Relationships and Social Protocols :p

Let me rephrase that.....you'll never find an INTJ admit to any weakness that involves competency. Relationships and social interaction don't involve their perception of competency.

In their area of competency, INTJ's believe they are god (whether or not they are truly that competent is irrelevant......their belief in their competency carries them far).

To be honest, though, i've found that within their area of expertise most INTJ's are extremely competent......whether they are all as competent as they THINK they are is another story.

intuitivethinker

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1/5
Mine admits to being efficient for the sheer purpose of laziness. If you're good at what you do and do it right, then you can prevent ever having to do it again, which means you get more time to be lazy, is his motto.

This is what I do too. I always make sure to get all my work done as fast as I can (efficiency is good) and then I can spend the rest of my time doing what I want.

^ I get the idea that the people at INTJf are a bunch of morons whom of which most of the INTJs there mistype themselves (Judging by what I've seen of them so far).
Don't be so quick to judge, it's a negative trait.

Cranky

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Except in the area of Relationships and Social Protocols :p

Perhaps it's because no one EXPECTS us to be any good at them, and as a result, we're free to admit our cluelessness. Now, find an INTJ who'll admit to being a poor problem solver or bad at fixing things, and I'll give you a five-pound box of twenty-dollar bills.

Let me rephrase that.....you'll never find an INTJ admit to any weakness that involves competency. Relationships and social interaction don't involve their perception of competency.

In their area of competency, INTJ's believe they are god (whether or not they are truly that competent is irrelevant......their belief in their competency carries them far).

To be honest, though, i've found that within their area of expertise most INTJ's are extremely competent......whether they are all as competent as they THINK they are is another story.

I KNOW I'm as competent as I think I am. The trophies, money, concubines, and power say so.

:woot:

Don't be so quick to judge, it's a negative trait.

INT**************J********************* for a reason. Sometimes you need to make a quick decision based on all the available information.

Chloe

sgtmac_46 said:

It think that this is just a stereotype. Since at some point hiding becomes counter-productive. Plus most people can figure out when something is clearly wrong.

But what you will hardly find is an INTJ that admits weaknesess that aren't obvious. (especially if it is not a big deal)

:doh::doh:

You see, you just confirmed sgtmac_46's statement :D

anyway, i really agree with OP's observation. it's most annoying trait i've seen... :rolleyes: .. not admiting they're lazy when they are.