• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ Guys: Do you see yourself unexpectedly...

Mr.Time

MBTI Type
INTJ
Do you see yourself unexpectedly falling for a certain type of girl over and over again (I think they're typically called ENFPs :) ), who:

(1) Has this beautiful smile that caught your eye the first time you saw her? You find most people who smile a lot to have fake smiles, but this person's smile seems to be so real and so wonderful.
(2) Has a bubbly personality that you just can't seem to forget.
(3) Has a personality that you find frustrating and annoying, but somehow irresistible.
(4) Tends to make you kinda jealous when she is running around always conversing with others (especially other men).

Based on my personal experience with ENFPs...whenever I see a girl like this, I tell myself "Dude, you don't want to get messed up with her, there is just too much complications involved here", but I can't resist, something drives me to keep staring and admiring. This is a general trend of mine that I am trying to break, and I wanted to know if other INTJs out there had a similar problem/attraction. Girls are welcome to post remarks about guys this way they can't resist.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I tend to fall for a variety of types. The thing is, ExFP's tend to be the ones that like me back. It's highly likely that I've mistyped them of course.

I'd say yes to 1-3. Can't say I'm fond of #4 though. Jealousy is a terrible state of mind, and makes me miserable/feel awful. I'm getting better at that though. Unless they're trying to make me jealous, which, as a tactic, is more likely to lose me than make me like them more...

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Ahahah.

I've had a friendship with that experience. Too funny. Even number 4. He was fine about everything except if we were supposed to be hanging out. Then he wanted me all to himself. Heh!

Aren't you the guy who posted about how much he can't stand ENFPs? :newwink:

thescientist

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Do you see yourself unexpectedly falling for a certain type of girl over and over again (I think they're typically called ENFPs :) ), who:

(1) Has this beautiful smile that caught your eye the first time you saw her? You find most people who smile a lot to have fake smiles, but this person's smile seems to be so real and so wonderful.
(3) Has a personality that you find frustrating and annoying, but somehow irresistible.
(4) Tends to make you kinda jealous when she is running around always conversing with others (especially other men).

Based on my personal experience with ENFPs...whenever I see a girl like this, I tell myself "Dude, you don't want to get messed up with her, there is just too much complications involved here", but I can't resist, something drives me to keep staring and admiring. This is a general trend of mine that I am trying to break, and I wanted to know if other INTJs out there had a similar problem/attraction. Girls are welcome to post remarks about guys this way they can't resist.

I'm no INTJ guy...but that's exactly how I felt about ENFP boy that broke my heart. Sigh... Gut says STAY AWAY...but they're so irresistible. Especially when they're at their silliest.

:eek:uch:

Mr.Time

MBTI Type
INTJ
Ahahah.

I've had a friendship with that experience. Too funny. Even number 4. He was fine about everything except if we were supposed to be hanging out. Then he wanted me all to himself. Heh!

Yes, I am. Honestly, I don't know if I can stand them or not...it's a very confusing experience. My reasoning tells me to avoid them, but all these uncontrollable feelings inside me take over and I keep admiring. It's a curse that I am trying to break...thus I am here searching if other INTJs have escaped or if I am doomed. A select few ENFPs have made me suffer too much, whether it's a fault of theirs or not, and I think it would be best if I could avoid them...maybe I don't mean that, but I hate being rejected and feeling such emotional pain. No one can make me feel the kind of emotional pain like an ENFP girl (who I've begun to admire).

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've been pounded to atoms by an INFJ I was in love with, but that hasn't stopped the connect I feel to other INFJ's that cross my path. I'm not going to make a multitude pay for the sins of a few.

If you're attracted to ENFP's, then your feelings are telling you something. One day, there will be an ENFP to come along, and she'll knock you down, but in a good way. And you'll know she's the real thing.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I'm a female and I fall half in love with ENFP women I meet.

They're pretty adorable. Mildly ridiculous, but pretty adorable.

Mr.Time

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've been pounded to atoms by an INFJ I was in love with, but that hasn't stopped the connect I feel to other INFJ's that cross my path. I'm not going to make a multitude pay for the sins of a few.

If you're attracted to ENFP's, then your feelings are telling you something. One day, there will be an ENFP to come along, and she'll knock you down, but in a good way. And you'll know she's the real thing.

You see, I don't think of it that way. "Feelings" telling me something is as ridiculous an idea as it gets (in my opinion). You have to use logic and reason, not your feelings to make decisions. Otherwise, your decisions are going to be based on impulsive behavior and you're more likely to get hurt again. Past experience has shown me that I experience great pain after some months of contact with an ENFP, so my reasoning tells me that I must simply avoid them to not feel such pain. It makes sense to me! Of course, my reasoning also tells me that I am probably going to alone for the rest of my life (due to me being an INTJ) especially if I avoid ENFPs, since they are most accepting of INTJs. I hate life. :steam:

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I dont know why you think these are ENFPs.

I'd say about 80% of my friends are INTJs (heh, I love them) and many of them describe me in that exact way.

It sounds like you are describing ENTPs. Although running around talking with other men = Se mixed with Te, so maybe ENTJs even with a fairly developed feeling side.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
You see, I don't think of it that way. "Feelings" telling me something is as ridiculous an idea as it gets (in my opinion). You have to use logic and reason, not your feelings to make decisions. Otherwise, your decisions are going to be based on impulsive behavior and you're more likely to get hurt again. Past experience has shown me that I experience great pain after some months of contact with an ENFP, so my reasoning tells me that I must simply avoid them to not feel such pain. It makes sense to me! Of course, my reasoning also tells me that I am probably going to alone for the rest of my life (due to me being an INTJ) especially if I avoid ENFPs, since they are most accepting of INTJs. I hate life. :steam:

INTJ's like to make feeling judgments and put a logic suit on them. Like fear of getting hurt or rejected dressed up as consciously making a good decision. I'm sure they're equally frustrated by us. Plus, we're irresistible to them ;)

Exodus

MBTI Type
NeTi
I personally prefer INFJ women. Very difficult to connect in the initial stages of a relationship, due to the shared Ni.

After you earn each other's trust however, no connection could ever be deeper for an INTJ.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I really want to believe this, but I can't - it sounds so ridiculously irrational. Still, that's a beautiful comment, I wish it would be true :yes:

Despite of a thousand quarrels, rock on ENFPs: you're the best!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:wubbie: INTJs...*sigh*

I can vouch for what Jaye said btw!

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5

Hahahahahaa, have we met before?!?

:)

Mr.Time

MBTI Type
INTJ
I personally prefer INFJ women. Very difficult to connect in the initial stages of a relationship, due to the shared Ni.

After you earn each other's trust however, no connection could ever be deeper for an INTJ.

Although I've never known an INFJ (at a deep level), at least I don't think I have, I have reasoned in my mind many times that an INFJ would be a good match. I won't have to deal with too many uncomfortable extroverted situations/places, a deep intuitive understanding of each other, a nicer, gentler feeling side to complement my objective (and harsh) thinking, and organized and structured like me (especially since I am a germophobe...ENFPs are gross...and this is coming from a guy whos observed ENFP girls).

However, where would I meet such an INFJ, they are even rarer than INTJs. Much too difficult to find, especially since I am part of the scientific community...those INFJs are impossible to meet...not to mention my lack of any friends outside of my science.

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP

I'm not an INTJ, but i've dated a few ENFP's and find them exactly as you describe. ENFP's are everything INTJ's are not, so it's only natural they'd drive INTJ's wild.

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
Ahahah.

:yim_rolling_on_the_

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm a female and I fall half in love with ENFP women I meet.

They're pretty adorable. Mildly ridiculous, but pretty adorable.

True, that. Though I end up rolling my eyes at their drama queen theatrics after a while.

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
Although I've never known an INFJ (at a deep level), at least I don't think I have, I have reasoned in my mind many times that an INFJ would be a good match. I won't have to deal with too many uncomfortable extroverted situations/places, a deep intuitive understanding of each other, a nicer, gentler feeling side to complement my objective (and harsh) thinking, and organized and structured like me (especially since I am a germophobe...ENFPs are gross...and this is coming from a guy whos observed ENFP girls).

However, where would I meet such an INFJ, they are even rarer than INTJs. Much too difficult to find, especially since I am part of the scientific community...those INFJs are impossible to meet...not to mention my lack of any friends outside of my science.

INFJ/INTJ..........don't think that's as great a match as you might think. I dated an INFJ.......very difficult to connect with (though ironically that drove me wild in the same way).

Since INTJ's are constantly struggling to make connections as it is, I don't really see that working in the long run.

Best stick with ENFP's.