• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTPs vs. INTJs: Who are the bigger nerds?

Which type tends to be more nerdy?

• Total voters

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
INTJs never appeared to me as "nerds." To me, they always seemed driven to master their own realm. This realm, of course, may be academia or some related area, but it need not be. In other words, they don't try to be the smartest or get the best grades in school because they want to be a genius. They simply want to be the best. Standard will not satisfy an INTJ.

:yes:

I think INTJs are just as (if not more) likely to look outside of academia for personal development if they decide that it would be useful to develop non-"nerdy" skills.

Then again, we're also pretty stubborn, so if an INTJ decided there wasn't any point in doing anything but attending LAN parties and pwning math and physics, then yeah, they'd be nerdier.

I tried to fit us into boxes, but dammit, it's not happening. I still voted INTP though, nyeh nyeh.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think INTJs are just as (if not more) likely to look outside of academia for personal development if they decide that it would be useful to develop non-"nerdy" skills.

In my opinion the thing is that intj looks out of academia and intp looks into academia.

This is because intps develop non nerdy extravert function before intjs, when theyr growing up. Talking about Ne and Te.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Matthew_Z "You can't prove anything."
Einstein's Theory Of Relativity was proving that the faster you moved, time moved at a different pace aswell, he would have had no starting ground if it wasn't for newton because what we he have to proved?

I was making a statement about how there a chance, however small, that all of scientific knowledge as we know it is wrong. Simply because it's well-tested and accepted doesn't mean it's true. Newton and Einstein merely said a few words and wrote down a few things. They are merely two men with some ideas that seem to be credible.

Skipping forward a few steps in my train of thought, I wouldn't justify science by those who "proved" it, and vice versa. Einstein building off of Newton's ideas is a moot point.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Einstein building off of Newton's ideas is a moot point.

Yep, i bet every scientist learned atleast something from other scientists(or from other people that made some discoveries).

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
*sigh*, you people. And on a typology forum too.

INTJs and INTPs aren't suitably compared by describing what the different T's will do. It should be Ni (backed by Te) vs Ti (backed by Ne). Different ball parks altogether.

And once you realise Ni is the a priori, conventional social terminology just no longer applies. Other people can apply it. Knock yourselves out.

Blah blah blah, and Ni is destined to desire to escape from fixed and settled circumstance, so whatever prison you have for the person today, it's not going to be there tomorrow. I'm fwee!

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
why don't you just compare the thickness of your glasses... or a good old fashioned drinking contest, whoever hits the ground first in a drunken slop is a big NERD.