• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP and Genetic Disorders

T

ThatGirl

After recently studying biology, genetics, and Mendelian traits, I think I may have found a correlation between Asbergers and the INTP temperament.

Does it not make sense that if we wish to stop the epidemic of this tragic disease we should destroy all known INTPs in mass genocide?

93JC

Assburgers? I don't have assburgers.

(FYI it's Asperger)

G

Ginkgo

bigButt_thumb7.jpg

Jaguar

There certainly are a lot people posting drunk.
Oh it's just TG. I forgot.
She gets drunk every night.

Jon Snow

MBTI Type
INFP
Aww, when an ENTJ shows affection they dont simply push you in dirt or throw rocks, they find reasons to commit mass genocide, you must really love us. :heart:

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Does it not make sense that if we wish to stop the epidemic of this tragic disease we should destroy all known INTPs in mass genocide?

I like a challenge, so I agree with you.

Come and get me. :smooch:

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
Why does ENTJ always have to view human behavior from its biological roots?

There's always that random aspect of free will.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Thatgirl shoving her big dunken ENTPnis all over the forum is not very nice either. Don't worry thisguy, she wins by a long shot ;) .

jixmixfix

Permabanned
After recently studying biology, genetics, and Mendelian traits, I think I may have found a correlation between Asbergers and the INTP temperament.

wouldn't any ITP have this? or ITJ?

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP

you're joking right? I hardly see any hints of this being a joke though.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
I contend that Thatgirl has ASPERGERS and is simply projecting upon the INTP community. Only someone with ASPERGERS would spell it "asbergers" without realizing it, as spelling things in ridiculous ways continuously is a hallmark trait of those possessing the psychological disorder. Putting egg on your face is another trait.

you're joking right? I hardly see any hints of this being a joke though.

Stupidity is never a joke, INTJ123. It's a very serious matter.

Kangol

MBTI Type
INTP

If you really have found a correlation, you ought to get that shit published in journals. If you don't get your ass handed to you by peer reviews from the scientific community, you may be on your way to tenure offers.

Too bad this is just a troll thread.

Kangol

MBTI Type
INTP
Stupidity is never a joke, INTJ123. It's a very serious matter.
I wholeheartedly agree! I am totally with you on this. In fact, I will help you address this matter right now.

I contend that Thatgirl has ASPERGERS and is simply projecting upon the INTP community. Only someone with ASPERGERS would spell it "asbergers" without realizing it, as spelling things in ridiculous ways continuously is a hallmark trait of those possessing the psychological disorder. Putting egg on your face is another trait.

A quick search on Google gave me a few sites. I refrained from using the ever-discredited Wikipedia because anyone who disagrees with statements from their site will dismiss it as unmediated garbage.

Luckily, WebMD and Mayo Clinic are two sites that seem to have considerable plausibility with regard to medical information. They also have descriptions on Asperger's Syndrome.

From WebMD
From Mayo Clinic

And here's one from a site dedicated entirely to asperger's syndrome.

Diagnostic Criteria For 299.80 Asperger's Disorder
A. Qualitative impairment in social interaction, as manifested by at least two of the following:

1. marked impairments in the use of multiple nonverbal behaviors such as eye-to-eye gaze, facial expression, body postures, and gestures to regulate social interaction
2. failure to develop peer relationships appropriate to developmental level
3. a lack of spontaneous seeking to share enjoyment, interests, or achievements with other people (e.g. by a lack of showing, bringing, or pointing out objects of interest to other people)
4. lack of social or emotional reciprocity

B. Restricted repetitive and stereotyped patterns of behavior, interests, and activities, as manifested by at least one of the following:

1. encompassing preoccupation with one or more stereotyped and restricted patterns of interest that is abnormal either in intensity or focus
2. apparently inflexible adherence to specific, nonfunctional routines or rituals
3. stereotyped and repetitive motor mannerisms (e.g., hand or finger flapping or twisting, or complex whole-body movements)
4. persistent preoccupation with parts of objects

C. The disturbance causes clinically significant impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning

D. There is no clinically significant general delay in language (e.g., single words used by age 2 years, communicative phrases used by age 3 years)

E. There is no clinically significant delay in cognitive development or in the development of age-appropriate self-help skills, adaptive behavior (other than social interaction), and curiosity about the environment in childhood

F. Criteria are not met for another specific Pervasive Developmental Disorder or Schizophrenia

A More Down-to-Earth Description
by Lois Freisleben-Cook

I saw that someone posted the DSM IV criteria for Asperger's but I thought it might be good to provide a more down to earth description. Asperger's Syndrome is a term used when a child or adult has some features of autism but may not have the full blown clinical picture. There is some disagreement about where it fits in the PDD spectrum. A few people with Asperger's syndrome are very successful and until recently were not diagnosed with anything but were seen as brilliant, eccentric, absent minded, socially inept, and a little awkward physically.

Although the criteria state no significant delay in the development of language milestones, what you might see is a "different" way of using language. A child may have a wonderful vocabulary and even demonstrate hyperlexia but not truly understand the nuances of language and have difficulty with language pragmatics. Social pragmatics also tend be weak, leading the person to appear to be walking to the beat of a "different drum". Motor dyspraxia can be reflected in a tendency to be clumsy.

In social interaction, many people with Asperger's syndrome demonstrate gaze avoidance and may actually turn away at the same moment as greeting another. The children I have known do desire interaction with others but have trouble knowing how to make it work. They are, however, able to learn social skills much like you or I would learn to play the piano.

There is a general impression that Asperger's syndrome carries with it superior intelligence and a tendency to become very interested in and preoccupied with a particular subject. Often this preoccupation leads to a specific career at which the adult is very successful. At younger ages, one might see the child being a bit more rigid and apprehensive about changes or about adhering to routines. This can lead to a consideration of OCD but it is not the same phenomenon

Many of the weaknesses can be remediated with specific types of therapy aimed at teaching social and pragmatic skills. Anxiety leading to significant rigidity can be also treated medically. Although it is harder, adults with Asperger's can have relationships, families, happy and productive lives.

I didn't quite find anything that may suggest that those with asperger's syndrome spell things in ridiculous ways or that only those with the disorder are capable of committing a spelling error. Nothing on putting eggs on their faces either, unless you count doing so to avoid eye contact. If you have found something with more clout than these top three googled sites on the symptoms of asperger's providing evidence of your claim, let me know. Until then, I'm going to actually believe the opposite is true, as it is mentioned that those diagnosed with the syndrome tend to have very highly developed language skills and pick up difficult vocabulary earlier than other children.

I'm also going to assume that you were not serious and just wanted to jab at the OP with an attack on intellectual integrity. Just helping you out. And thanks, without your post, I would not have bothered to do a quick google search and learn what the syndrome was all about, and now I'll learn more about how it differentiates from autism, something I know also tends to be poorly understood by many people.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Aspergers = tiny proportion of people
INTP = tiny proportion of people...

You need to find an awful lot of INTP's in your aspergers sample = which would need to be pretty huge...

You'd expect 100 INTP's in a sample of 1000 people with aspergers... Double quantities of INTP would = 200 you may get away with it...

These things are normally worded in such a way as to cloud the facts....

MBTI is about preference and Autisim/aspergers are likely to not like F situations, but I don't see the S/N tenancy

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'm pretty sure it's that people with Aspergers are more likely to test INTP, not the other way around.